I have a bad feeling about kof2003...

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Well... this year we have from playmore SvC Chaos, Metal Slug 5, Samurai Shodown Zero....

...and kof2003...

We have seen previous games from playmore. Now they have made 3 in a row... and kof2003 is the fourth...

So I have 2 theories...
- Playmore is putting everything they have behind this year's games and KOF2003 will be at least a good game
- Kof2003 will show lack of work because of the development of the other games... (a.k.a. it will suck)

Don't know but looking at playmore's career somehow I believe that the second option is the most probable... oh_no

hanzo x

n00b
NIce to see you again.

I think that KOF 2K3 will have a complete new story with new characters, Well, I hope. spock

Regards.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Setsuna1982:
Well... this year we have from playmore SvC Chaos, Metal Slug 5, Samurai Shodown Zero....

...and kof2003...

We have seen previous games from playmore. Now they have made 3 in a row... and kof2003 is the fourth...

So I have 2 theories...
- Playmore is putting everything they have behind this year's games and KOF2003 will be at least a good game
- Kof2003 will show lack of work because of the development of the other games... (a.k.a. it will suck)

Don't know but looking at playmore's career somehow I believe that the second option is the most probable... oh_no
I'm definitely concerned myself. We'll just have to wait and see what happens, really it's the only thing we can do.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
I'm not holding my breath for KOF 2003, especially after the last two. In fact I don't even plan on buying it.

The series should have ended with 2000, or recieved a completely makeover and character shakeup.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
buttasuperb:
KoF is getting a bit tired, IMO. Needs a year off or something. Come back strong with '04.
its been getting tired with 2001 and 2002 imo
i d tell them to stop making kof games not to give
it a rest but to stop pumping out the mediorce games.
i really dont care how much some of these people
regard 01 and 02 as NEO saviors.
theyre lacking games.
both of them.
personally im betting that the next kof will be lacking too.
bad things come in threes.

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: rarehero ]</small>

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
I hate to think about it.

I personaly think Playmore should wait for a full year, then bring out a new and improved kof.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Right now I care a lot more about Metal Slug 5 and Samurai Shodown Zero than any new KOF. And SNK vs. Capcom of course. Other sequels like a new Last Blade would be nice too. Personally, I much prefer weapon-based fighters to regular ones, so the SS and LB series are among my favorites.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Well first of all this is the wrong place for this topic.

I have hopes for 2k3 because it's a new saga and hopefully a new gimmick for King of fighters

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
one year off-without a doubt that would be the best idea. this year it could well get crouded out by the two other big boys (SvsC & SS0), and will contrast badly with these high profile games.

2K4 - 10 year aniversary of KOF!!! Playmore makes the best KOF yet and releases gold plated AES carts (releasing only 5 copies in the U.S. making it the most sought after game and thus selling it for thousands loco )

but seriously doesn't 10 year aniversary sound good???

drool_2

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: DevilRedeemed ]</small>

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They have had 2 years to make the game. We've already had three mediocre KOFs. 2k2 was a recycle job, that should have freed up time to work on the 2k3.

I'm expecting QUALITY at the very least. Hell knows they have the production time.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
KOF needs a short break.They have been releasing it every year but right now, it needs a break.Playmore can gather some new concepts and then make a better game.KOF 2002 is pretty good gameplaywise and it's cool how they brought back some old faves but I know playmore can do better than that.
They seem to be improving every year.

With so many games coming out and not to mention some of their ports especially that KOF 2001 PS2 port, Playmore is gonna have it's hands full this year.

The next KOF game no doubt will have a new storyline and definately some new characters.The nests saga ended at KOF 2001.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I'm sure if playmore were to release KOF2003, It would be just as bad of a hack job as Crouching Tiger. Unless playmore starts designing new sprites soon, I think (and hope) that their business will fail. I don't know about you guys, but i'm tired of playing a new game that has nothing more to offer than a different intro screen.

<small>[ July 26, 2003, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
I don't know whats there to worry about since they themselves said that the KOF team isn't working on SvC and SS0 is made by some new company. So the same people are probably working on it and have the exact amount of time as they usually get, how they use that time is up to them.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Diavle18:
I don't know whats there to worry about since they themselves said that the KOF team isn't working on SvC and SS0 is made by some new company. So the same people are probably working on it and have the exact amount of time as they usually get, how they use that time is up to them.
ANOTHER company? What if it's noise? *thinks about rotd and matrimelee characters in kof2003* oh_no

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Well first of all this is the wrong place for this topic.

I have hopes for 2k3 because it's a new saga and hopefully a new gimmick for King of fighters
KOF Doesn't need a new gimmick. Strikers were cool and all, but they were just a gimmick. They never really advanced the gameplay, just changed it. What KOF really needs is new sprites. or at least decent backgrounds. my biggest gripe w/ 2k1 was the backgrounds, and while 2k2 was a definite improvement, the bgs were still shitty. KOF plays just fine if you ask me, but it looks fucking awfull. Playmore needs a completely new KOF.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
wow, playmore has a team for everything, one for metal slug, one for svc, one for samurai shodown, and one for kof2k3! capcom makes nothing, seems to me that playmore is going to be their own biggest competitor. Arcade owners are going to have to choose between games, people playing in the arcades are going to have to choose between games, people buying home carts are going to have to choose between games. for those of you buying home carts, i just played svc last night, and if you have to choose what upcoming game to buy soon, might i suggest you wait for svc2.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Setsuna1982:
ANOTHER company? What if it's noise? *thinks about rotd and matrimelee characters in kof2003* oh_no
You misunderstood. The team behind KOF wasn't working on any of the new games so that means they are working on 2003.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
alec:
. for those of you buying home carts, i just played svc last night, and if you have to choose what upcoming game to buy soon, might i suggest you wait for svc2.
You care to elaborate? I read that you were very anxious to check this game out.

-BN

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I think they should take a year off KOF, and put a lot of effort into '04 and make an anniversy game which has the characers from '94 to '02. From the USA team to Goenitz to Orochi. I think that would be the shit.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I predict:

A Cast of about 30

Many chracters like K9999, Angel, Kula will be dropped

BG's will be of KOF2K2 Quality maybe a bit better

a whole new Team meaning 3 new peeps

at least another 4 or 5 peeps bought back from old games like FF and AOF

New end boss or old boss bought back AKA geese or Krauser maybe even a team of 3....

Some new gimick, the game will be 3 on 3 but there will be a gimmick in there....

Hidden Capcom Team.....come on would be cool! lol!

Edit : just some extra thoughts:

Some new costumes just to shut people up! :p

I think this will be made up real quick expect the worse, i think there proberbly working on 04 right now so they'll want to knock this out as fast as they can....

<small>[ July 26, 2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: NeoDragoN ]</small>

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Jedite:
I think they should take a year off KOF, and put a lot of effort into '04 and make an anniversy game which has the characers from '94 to '02. From the USA team to Goenitz to Orochi. I think that would be the shit.
Maybe that'll be the year we get new sprites. I don't care if the roster # is cut back a bit if we can get some fresh looking sprites, Give some of the characters new costumes, and not have a new hero shoved down our throats *CoughK'Cough*

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Jedite:
yeah, and online capabilities...

being realistic the best option is make KOF94 with garou graphics/sound. Change the usa team with Iori, Eiji and Billy and you have the perfect gift for a 10th aniversary.

Playmore bg sucks... so upgrade the classic ones from kof94 and make new sprites for the kof94 - USA team + Iori's 95 team.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
NeoDragoN:
Many chracters like K9999, Angel, Kula will be dropped
I wouldn't care about K9999's absence, but I can't say
the same about Kula...