Is Gen-an in SS-0

hammer

n00b
Hi all you guys,

I have been out of the neo geo scene for ages and infact have an urge to buy a neo AES again. I remember going to the trocadero in London and being the first to play Samurai Shodown 2 in the UK, getting a poster of the game for the head of SNK Europe :)and dying to get my hands of the cart....anyways it looks from the SS0 poster posted in " ss0 loke test info/svc secrets :D " that gen-an is in, I hope so as he is the tops as a "darker character". I have had the chance recently to play ss3/4 and they are not in the same league as SS1/2 imho...

PS, does anyone know where I can get a cheap AES?
PPS Anyone remember an imported called Lee who worked out of Tonbridge in the UK?? Is he still going as I cannot remember his co name.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Well, no one knew about Red Arremer, Athena, Zero, or the Alien in SvC, so anything is possible for SSIV...

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
Hidden characters are a lame gimmick. Playmore will probably release the codes to play these characters slowly just to keep people interested after the game has become stale.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Tenshokyaku:
Hidden characters are a lame gimmick. Playmore will probably release the codes to play these characters slowly just to keep people interested after the game has become stale.
The pessimism oh_no

Mike

Bead Banger
No offense...

I HATE Gen-An and Wan-Fu. They are pricks and I am quite glad that they are not going to be in the game.

elbarto

Super Spy Agent
hammer:
PPS Anyone remember an imported called Lee who worked out of Tonbridge in the UK?? Is he still going as I cannot remember his co name.
Ugh.. Lee based in Tonbridge.. Only company that springs to mind is the scam-tastic Loaded Consoles. shame

Thankfully now out of business, but not before screwing some of the UK members here over.. frown

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: elbarto ]</small>

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Oh yeah, that scamming wanker from east peckham, tonbridge, don't deal with loaded consoles if he's still around.

Forget i mentioned mr grey.

hammer

n00b
Thats right, loaded consoles. I always got good service from them, although they were overly expensive.

Looks as though the Gen-an a'like is actually KUSAREGEDO some huge looking freak.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Mike:
No offense...

I HATE Gen-An and Wan-Fu. They are pricks and I am quite glad that they are not going to be in the game.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Tenshokyaku:
I happen to like this "lame gimmick." I always have liked games that offered more by way of codes or what not... brings me back to my younger Geni and SNES days finding all the neat little easter eggs.

-Nick

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Don't know why they are called "secret characters" because playmore have relased them before anybody discovered their existance

hammer

n00b
I hope that ss0/5 does have some secret characters like Gen-an as it adds to the expirience like in SvC.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
hammer said:
Hi all you guys,

I know him, lee Robinson, use to be loaded consoles, i got my neo cd of him, it seems he screwed a few ppl over though, He was pretty decent to me though as use to loan me out games. :)

As for secret or hidden fighters being a lame gimmick, i say the more the better as the amount of money you have to pay for these games, you want as much for your money as possible.

Last edited:

hammer

n00b
Lee, is Lee Robinson AKA Loaded still around then? As I do not have an AES or CDz anymore and now SS5 is to come out it looks like I need to collect the series!! I am one of those sell AES and 5 years later miss and rebuy types :P

hammer said:
I hope that ss0/5 does have some secret characters like Gen-an as it adds to the expirience like in SvC.

Yes I agree. Gen-An adds a distinct flavor to SS that I always liked. And besides, every fighter as a 'phreak' right?

I rarely play Gan An b/c I prefer characters like Hanzo, Cham Cham, Genjuro, Kyoshiro b/c they have more moves to choose from. I'm heavy into characters with alot of special moves.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Gen-An is too hardcore for Samurai Shodown.

He needs his own game.

hammer

n00b
I am really really looking forward to SS5, but I cannot help thinking that from 3 onwards the whole game changed, not only graphically but the style and character. I am kinda sad that ss5 is not a more "back to roots" of sam 2 with a new story and all the new characters.

I am still really amazed in a nice way to hear that there will be a new SS though, I really thought we had seen the last of it and thought that maybe there would be a 3d ver of sam straight to the consoles. so /me = :)

BTW I played Soul calibre ii and SS2 the other day, they are different, one being 3d and the other 2d but both weapons based and I have to say there is something magical about the SS series

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
Roger that.

I had a Samurai Showdown get together last week, and yah, Samurai Showdown is just a different fighting game experience all around. But imo, it's more because it's amazing in it's simplicity.

Everyone mainly played SS2 and SS3. It was pretty cool to see SS3 matches last for more than a few seconds though hehe, cause the players were actually pretty good. The main game to play was SS2 though.

I think I'm going to have a samsho get together again soon.

mog

Bead Banger
I like secret characters because they're totally unbalanced in respect to the rest of the game.

S

St¡fu

EvilWasabi said:
Well, no one knew about Red Arremer, Athena, Zero, or the Alien in SvC, so anything is possible for SSIV...
IV = 4
V = 5

Some has been skipping his Roman numerals courses. :D

About Gen An, I think he's cool...
Although here's what I read about him in a FAQ:

"He's the least popular character in the SS series. So we'll probably never see him again."

(link to FAQ: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/neogeo/game/37853.html)

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Gen-an = :buttrock:
I love him in SS1
the second one wasnt as good (cheep:D )

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Loaded

I always remember Loaded as being a good company. I called once years ago asking if there were any new games in and Lee said I have just got a new game in and it is going to be big I said ok I will give it a try. it was the king of fighters 94 he was right....

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
They need to keep Gen-an AWAY from the SS series from now on. Why? Becuase if I get my hands on him again I will own all of you!:shame: :D

biocat

Kula's Candy
Let's hope that SNK learns from their mistakes in SvC and actually playtests the secret characters in SSV.