Tam Tam
Charlotte
Kyoshiro
Basara

Rera
Rasetsumaru
Suija
Enja

Are the returning characters. This time there is to "shura" (slash) or "rasetsu" (bust). Rera = Nakoruru (rasetsu), Rasetsumaru = Haohmaru (rasetsu), Suija, Enja = Sougetsu, Kagetsu (rasetsu) respectively.

Look like the sprites are rehashes of Amakusa Kourin. It's a bit disappointing considering it's the first 2D SS game in 7 years. At least put in the old characters...

or no recicled sprites oh_no oh_no angry

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I see. Never forget the golden rule.
"We will recycle anything for the buck!"
Recycled sprites. :(

I MISS SNK. :( :( frown

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 03:31 AM: Message edited by: Lord Wolfgang Krauser ]</small>

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I wish they would bring Seiger back. So how did the backgrounds look?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
takuman:
Haohmaru
Ukyo
Nakoruru
Rimururu
Genjuro
Gaira
Hanzo
Galford
Shizumaru
Kagetsu
Suigetsu
Jubei
Tam Tam
Charlotte
Kyoshiro
Basara

Rera
Rasetsumaru
Suija
Enja

Are the returning characters. This time there is to "shura" (slash) or "rasetsu" (bust). Rera = Nakoruru (rasetsu), Rasetsumaru = Haohmaru (rasetsu), Suija, Enja = Sougetsu, Kagetsu (rasetsu) respectively.

Look like the sprites are rehashes of Amakusa Kourin. It's a bit disappointing considering it's the first 2D SS game in 7 years. At least put in the old characters...

recycled sprites can be atributed to the fact that this game code is a few years old.
you guys don't actually think that playmore is doing all these games from the ground up do you?
both SVC Chaos and Sam Sho 0 are games that were in development by SNK a few years ago before they closed thier doors. The same can be said for any existing code that exists for last blade 3 and MOTW 2 (not to mention the fully complete ghostlop).
This would explain the sprite "re-hashes". while a new sam sho intallment has not been RELEASED on the neo in quite some time, it was in development shortly after sam sho 4 was released.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
ORPHEUS:
takuman:
Haohmaru
Ukyo
Nakoruru
Rimururu
Genjuro
Gaira
Hanzo
Galford
Shizumaru
Kagetsu
Suigetsu
Jubei
Tam Tam
Charlotte
Kyoshiro
Basara

Rera
Rasetsumaru
Suija
Enja

recycled sprites can be atributed to the fact that this game code is a few years old.
you guys don't actually think that playmore is doing all these games from the ground up do you?
both SVC Chaos and Sam Sho 0 are games that were in development by SNK a few years ago before they closed thier doors. The same can be said for any existing code that exists for last blade 3 and MOTW 2 (not to mention the fully complete ghostlop).
This would explain the sprite "re-hashes". while a new sam sho intallment has not been RELEASED on the neo in quite some time, it was in development shortly after sam sho 4 was released.
I hear this all the time, but not one time have I seen proof to back it.
How do you know that SSV was in dev after SSIV?
It took them maybe two months to make SSV. They just ripped out old chars, added some new mode bs, (playmore is famous for shit like this) and wha-la!

All they do is dissapoint me. I mean at least SVC had SOMETHING new, and we dont even have the MVS cart of that yet.
Not to mention that KOF 2002 was just a play on SNK'S old work.
The problem is, these new dev teams have zero fucking talent, and nobody has the john's to get up and admit it.

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed about this whole situation. Regarding the fact we pay out the ass for these games. If this is a buggy POS, count me out. I hope these guys never touch Garou Densetsu or Last Blade.
I couldnt imagine how bad they'd fuck it up.

takuman

, ,
scans of the movelist... <a href="http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/f533e7457eed.JPG" target="_blank">http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/f533e7457eed.JPG</a>
<a href="http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/8ccd4ba06b5e.JPG" target="_blank">http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/8ccd4ba06b5e.JPG</a>
<a href="http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/225bbefcaf60.JPG" target="_blank">http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/225bbefcaf60.JPG</a>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I withdrawl my comment... want to see more about this,

-Nick

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 03:52 AM: Message edited by: nruva ]</small>

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
nruva:
I withdrawl my comment... want to see more about this,

-Nick
You shoulda kept it, it was dead on.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Well @ least the title is appropriate and it explains why this title is debuting so fast after the announcement.
Samurai Shodown ZERO=Nothing New apparently.
I am surprised that there is no inclusion of Earthquake and Shiki.
BTW I knew Earthquake would be one huge target.
He's inaffective in SAM I and II so I knew he would be criucified in SVCC.
You know if this title uses an engine similar to SAMSHO 2 It won't be bad...It won;'t be bad @ all...The CPU should definitely be able to bled or slice in half the HUMAN opponent PLAYMORE.That feature definitely had me shoving quarters in to the arcade cab.
-BB

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 04:01 AM: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</small>

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This game better be freaking ground breaking to warrant a 1k MVS purchase.

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Your the man takuman, cool news bro.

The game not having redesigned sprites sound fine to me, as long as there are loads of new moves & animation, come to think of it, it's better this way as they can work more on the gameplay, & who knows there might be bust & slash modes in making it 40 characters.

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: the_colonel ]</small>

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
the_colonel:
Your the man takuman, cool news bro.

The game not having redesigned sprites sound fine to me, as long as there are loads of new moves & animation, come to think of it, it's better this way as they can work more on the gameplay, & who knows there might be bust & slash modes in making it 40 characters.
I hope theres something there that can make me competitive like in 3.
I really really do.
SS is sacred ground..

Tridagger X

Geese's Thug
takuman:
Haohmaru
Ukyo
Nakoruru
Rimururu
Genjuro
Gaira
Hanzo
Galford
Shizumaru
Kagetsu
Suigetsu
Jubei
Tam Tam
Charlotte
Kyoshiro
Basara

Rera
Rasetsumaru
Suija
Enja

holy crap! eek!
Cham Cham's not even included in the roster!

Tridagger X

Geese's Thug
takuman - regarding this scan... <a href="http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/225bbefcaf60.JPG" target="_blank">http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/225bbefcaf60.JPG</a>

Basic Action List
A - Weak Slash
B - Medium Slash
A+B - Strong Slash
C - Kick
f or b + C - throw

if i'm not mistaken, the buttons for the slash attacks have been reverted back to the old SS 1-2 config. (A+B becomes strong slash)

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If the old character wasnt drawn up for SS3/4, you wont be seeing them in this game.

You should expect some surprises. But for now, it only sounds like something to cash in on us. I really wanted a new SS game, but when I said new, I meant...you know, new. Talk about taking the trust and money of the hardcore neo gamers for granted.

All this recycling is getting shameful. Thanks for the useful info.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Tridagger X:
takuman - regarding this scan... <a href="http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/225bbefcaf60.JPG" target="_blank">http://up.isp.2ch.net/up/225bbefcaf60.JPG</a>

Basic Action List
A - Weak Slash
B - Medium Slash
A+B - Strong Slash
C - Kick
f or b + C - throw

if i'm not mistaken, the buttons for the slash attacks have been reverted back to the old SS 1-2 config. (A+B becomes strong slash)
No, that's not good. I actually liked it the ABC slash, D kick way. Are they sucking up to the "1 and 2" are god sentiment?

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR:
BTW I knew Earthquake would be one huge target. He's inaffective in SAM I and II
Earthquake is powerful in Samurai 2 and he is your god in Samurai 1. Main reason is that he can't be hit by regular throws in SS2 and can't be thrown at all in SS1.

Rade K

20 Year Member
neojedi:
BIG BEAR:
BTW I knew Earthquake would be one huge target. He's inaffective in SAM I and II
Earthquake is powerful in Samurai 2 and he is your god in Samurai 1. Main reason is that he can't be hit by regular throws in SS2 and can't be thrown at all in SS1.
I'll give Earthquake props in SS1; he kicked my ass. In SS2 they made him target practice/bonus round.

My dream is too see this guys guts spill out when you finish him.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Wait, what makes this different from SS4? Exactly the same roster plus the sprite edits.

I really can't believe it's turning out this bad. If it's true, I'll just stick with SS2.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
This is the most gay Samurai Spirits I could imagine.

Fuck Playmore. They should never have bothered since they obviously can't do it right.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm waiting before I pass judgment.

To be honest, I'm not too disappointed that they're reusing sprites, because IMO the sprites in 3 and 4 were pretty much perfect. Also, Rimururu was compeltely redrawn, as were the Bust versions of Nakoruru, Hoahmaru, Sogetsu, and Kazuki (who are now totally seperate characters). I'm sure they added in new animations for everyone as well.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
why the long faces?

playmore did the same thing with kof 2001 and 2002

and a lot of you believe 2002 is the best kof ever or something

so,obviously,ss0 will be the best samurai spirits ever

right? shame