svc in osaka :D

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
let the brown nosing begin!

I went into the electronics district of Osaka today near where i live to my favourite arcade.. it is probably one of the best arcades for challenging on kof 02 or ggxx reload in osaka. they had replaced the ten (5sets) sit down candies of kof 02 with svc chaos :D

i was very happy.

so how i feel about the game after 20 or so challenges...

well overall at the end of the day i came away happy and looking forward to the months of challenges... i am still however surprised by some of the system characteristics finding them hard to get used to.. i still had a lot of success today though with at least 3 or 4 streaks of 5 wins or so...

main points:

1. it would seem that kyo, ryo, iori and kim are indeed very strong.

2. shiki is pretty good as is tabasa (saw a guy absolutely beastin with her today). tabasa has that dragon thing which actually seems to have parts and ends with throw which looks cool, she has some crazy juggles (the cat ball x2 -> j.HP and can get all sorts of juggles off her supers....)

3. hugo is ok, earthquake just gets cornered too easily by kyo and the others to be viable it would seem at this point.

4. bison is ok, his du+k head stomp is of course hard to do (being used to a more forgiving charge game) but he seems viable.

5. yes that charge thing was done purposely. it is hard to get used to but i had success using guile. the trick is to only charge in about the bottom 30 deg either side of straight down. if you do this you will find that charge times are actually incredibly short. i was throwing sonic booms with guile without fail after a half a second or slightly more back charge, so he gains something from that while losing something coz of the du charge system.

6. gotta hit deep to be safe, hitting to soon leaves a big gap from the air attack to the ground one, you are nowhere near as safe as alpha or kof. things i saw in the middle between an air attack and a c/s are.. guiles flash kick super, lots of hugo command throwing and a ryu dp. it is a little hard to get used to coz i am used to being able to hit at almost any point in the air and still get the s/c hit without fear of retaliation (of course if too early it wont combo but you still do a mk->fb or something in alpha and be safe). causes me a lot of trouble with choi who needs his crossup j.HP to c.LPx2...

7. graphically speaking yes this is just a slight bit above kof 02 with some nice if sparse bgs. the characters all look very consistent though even hugo for the most part.

8. kof dps are intact and wake up/aa possible. the sf characters and mr karates dps however are not really useful as aa's being a little slow whilst they seem almost impossible as wakeups (i did wakeup dps with ryo 100 times today but not once with ryu or mr karate)

9. non of the midbosses were playable, they are either not playable, need a code or on a time unlock thing...

10. there was a big turnout for the game and it was pretty much all day that all 5 sets were packed, the arcade will have made their money back within a couple of weeks and i could be wrong but this game seems to have caught attention here...

11. ok damage system seems weird. hugos dm or guiles kick one will do about 20% damage straight off while ioris c.HP into qcb+px3 will do about 25%... the ratios of combos to supers and big characters to others seems strange... it would seem snk is trying something with this damage system but at this point i am not sure what it is.. choi however seems to do slightly less damage which might be logical (but makes it hard to win with him coz he cant mix it up like iori, kyo, etc)..

more as i play it more (2morrow), sam sho 0 loke test info 2morrow as well...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Lucky bugger, there's an arcade close to where I live that probably has at least one SVC cab, but I'm stuck inside finishing off a 4000 word paper on Written Discourse Analysis.

くそ。

I really hope there's an SS0 Tokyo loke test sometime in the next couple of weeks...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
beelzebubble:
I really hope there's an SS0 Tokyo loke test sometime in the next couple of weeks...
dont see why not :)
lol, it just better not be 'til after the 31st. I still have to work until then. If it's before then I'll commit seppuku on the steps of the News and Rumours forum.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Beelze or honeyman

i'm curious

can you super cancel in SVC?

thanks for the replies^__^

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
can you super cancel in SVC?

thanks for the replies^__^
no.... you can bc like kof 02 in max mode + cancel any move in max mode (which means any p or k that can not normally be cancelled is able to be cancelled in max mode, terrys s.HK from med to long range for example)...

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
Here is a tip about charging.

Example is b mary, you can jump back whilst charging her strait slicer by holding not back, but hold away in the top corner (ub), then push forward, what i mean is this...

You can't hold db then pull the stick to just down, you can either do these 2 & thats it

1/. flash kick charge 1, d wait then up & kick

2/. or flash kick charge 2, db, wait then up & kick

3/. or df wait then up & kick.

You cant keep switching the stick positioning, just do the db charge as it obviously charges more moves.

I think that guile cant db charge then start walking backwards, as the walking backwards cancels the buffer time you were previously charging for the db charge. Hope this helps.

So a good strat in this game would be to stick close to guile & when you think your opponent is going for a crouch/db charge, just super jump over him completly to alter there charge. The super jump in this game is very fast so it should work.

<small>[ July 24, 2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: the_colonel ]</small>

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Actually, you can SuperCancel in BC mode. I saw Gouki did his DP into his DP Super during that USA test.

I have a question about charge moves. You said you can do Sonic Boom in about half a second? If you do not do that 30deg. thing, how long do you have to charge? And what if you charge directly back or down?

I guess the damage is still fucked up. Hugo should do the most damage.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
there is NO 45 deg chargin in the game... unless someone finds out a way to do it, i tried today at least 50 times, i tried various angles and a 30 deg left or right from down being 0 deg (db would be 45 as would df) seems to be the only way to get it to register at all.... bf charges however dont seem to suffer from this problem (it is not an amount of time thing)....

tried with terry, guile, bison, choi, etc..

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
more impressions:

well i tried a heap of times with the du moves with bison/ terry/choi and only got success at straight or almost straight down....

later on i thought fuck it ill give guile a go (as you know he really needs his du right...) i practiced his sonic boom and found that the charge time is super short (the shortest ive seen i would say) i could throw a slow sb and then get a second one very soon after (about half a screens worth of travel if it got blocked at that point) so i started a severe sb assault on the computer

i then thought i would try to see the du charge time, it seems a little longer (though it might be the same at about 3/4 of a second or less). while i was doing this i tried dif angles on the down charge, at 45 from straight down it is definitely not possible (the corner of the square on japanese sticks (btw the sticks at this arcade are super tight and well maintained so i could get an exact feel for the range of the charge). slightly in from that (at about 30 deg from straight down i would say it is possible...

btw GUILE FUCKING ROCKS.. his bfbf super with kick is super safe with nice damage and easy to pull off, feels real tight. his j.LK is good priority and you can get the old skool j.LK->s.HP->sb going (i know the hp and sb combo not sure about if you add in the lk) his s.HP at range is a great poke with good damage. his j.HP is great priority. his c.HK sucks unless they are prone at range. s.HK is ok but can get you in trouble. c.LP is his best close normal i would say and can be comboed into a sb after 2 or 3 or them

his flash kick doesnt have as much forward momentum as in alpha etc but it has great priority and decent recovery.

he does good damage, is fun to play... oh yeah his c.HP is a great aa, his f+LK is good too with less range but more safety than alpha, good for surprising and getting closer..... a very methodical feel and tight to play as a vs character.

ryu i only played once or twice, ive still not got a good feel for him....

bison seems pretty good, the psycho crusher ligh and heavy versions have good blanka style mixup ability, his j.HK is good, his s.HK a little slow to be effective as an aa, his c.HK leaves you prone but is a little better than alpha. his s.HP is ok, c.HP maybe useful as an aa. his s.LK seems a little slow to be effective. c.LP is the way to go... doesnt seem like he has any comboes at all though unless his s.heavies provide something, i was hoping for cvs style lpx2 ->l scissor kicks but doesnt seem possible.....

eight one

Igniz's Servent
tsukaesugi:
If it lands in Shibuya, I'll be there, as will Shiznick Hunter.

1. it would seem that kyo, ryo, iori and kim are indeed very strong.
Obviously. I give up after playing six or so matches against Iori. It got to be a bit repetitive.

You can do a db charge to up, but not to forward. I gave Guile a go myself. Too bad Evil Ken handed my ass to me.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
You lucky dog :p

Anyone know if SvC is gonna be at Dave and Buster's?

Tetsuo311

King's Dry Cleaner
eek! I completely forgot about D&B I'll have to stop by there this wkend I'll let you know if I find anything.

Blastrezz

n00b
so overall u would say Charging is a whole lotta different than in Capcom Games and even in former SNK Games, right?!

U also said at least Capcom Charas don't seem to be able to play Hadoken-Shoryuken Games, that correct in this way, too?
I think this rocks then. I had the bad thoughts the game would be too much of a Hadoken-Shoryuken Gameplay....

But something important to me:
did they change something to the sizes of the sprites?
Beta-Screenshots show a bunch of misfitting sizes like Iori vs. Ryu with Ryu being much better drawn and also appearing somehow "bigger".
Did that change?

--Blastrezz

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
But something important to me:
did they change something to the sizes of the sprites?
Beta-Screenshots show a bunch of misfitting sizes like Iori vs. Ryu with Ryu being much better drawn and also appearing somehow "bigger".
Did that change?
yeah i remember that too, they seem nice and even now (about the size they should be..)

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Questions on Kim:

How does he play? Is he like his KOF98 version that has the Charging B,F+K and the QCB+Px3 or is he more like his 2k2 version that is missing the B,F+K but has the QCB+Px3?

How are the SNK character D,U charge moves? Kim's D,U+K comes to mind immediately, is it as strict as the Capcom ones or is it quick like in KOF?

BTW, if Dave & Busters in Philly do get this game, please for the love of god post that it is there. Hell ANY arcade in Philly with this game would be sweet if I could find one.

Blastrezz

n00b
beelzebubble:
yeah i remember that too, they seem nice and even now (about the size they should be..)
very nice!
I didnt expect SNK Playmore to make a mistake this big but it was something I had to ask.

I don't know characters like Tabasa/Tessa and Shiki at all. I'm interested in them for sure but did you see any normals, specials and/or supers significantly new to the classic charas like Ryo, Ryu, Iori, Ken, Terry and so on?

And last thing: on a scale from 1-10, from low to high, how would u rate the resemblance in gameplay compared to a KoF-title (like 2k2)?

--Blast

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
very nice!
I didnt expect SNK Playmore to make a mistake this big but it was something I had to ask.

I don't know characters like Tabasa/Tessa and Shiki at all. I'm interested in them for sure but did you see any normals, specials and/or supers significantly new to the classic charas like Ryo, Ryu, Iori, Ken, Terry and so on?

And last thing: on a scale from 1-10, from low to high, how would u rate the resemblance in gameplay compared to a KoF-title (like 2k2)?
the only new special that really sticks in my head is that of mai, her andy like rushing elbow, oh and m.bisons new launching punch, just remembered another, mr karates dp.

there are lots of remakes of supers from other games to give the characters exceeds...

1-10, well that is hard to answer.. the characters play similarly but on the other hand the system is very different in terms of characteristics, recovery, damage, etc... i would say 3/10 it isnt really like kof with 2 button throwing, no short jump, no running, etc

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Blastrezz:
beelzebubble:
very nice!

--Blast
for more about Shiki, check out the Samurai Spirits history site here

<a href="http://www.samuraishodown.com/neogeo/samurai/rekisi/rekitop.html" target="_blank">http://www.samuraishodown.com/neogeo/samurai/rekisi/rekitop.html</a>

it's from the old SNK site, and all Japanese, but I'm sure you can click the last 2 links for Samurai Tamashii and Asura Zanmaden and find all the Shiki art. :D

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
let the brown nosing begin!
Seriously, dude. You're a brown-noser. Get over it.

Glad you had fun.

Blastrezz

n00b
beelzebubble:
the only new special that really sticks in my head is that of mai, her andy like rushing elbow, oh and m.bisons new launching punch, just remembered another, mr karates dp.
and are these moves useful additions?
Mr. Karate's dp-move was described as slow....

beelzebubble:
there are lots of remakes of supers from other games to give the characters exceeds...
speaking of Exceeds: anything especially and refreshingly new and/or cool there?

beelzebubble:
the characters play similarly but on the other hand the system is very different in terms of characteristics, recovery, damage, etc... i would say 3/10 it isnt really like kof with 2 button throwing, no short jump, no running, etc
yeah right.... I can't wait to judge on my own. Unfortunately there are no arcades in Germany.... guess we all here have to wait for the MVS to come down in prices or wait for the AES cart.
How did the 2-button throwing turn out? I don't like this personally but maybe throwing's not so important or throws are weak or else things??
Missing short-jumps and running what about the overall speed of the game?

--Blast

Edit:

EvilWasabi:
it's from the old SNK site, and all Japanese , but I'm sure you can click the last 2 links for Samurai Tamashii and Asura Zanmaden and find all the Shiki art. D
:( man you're so unfair :p

<small>[ July 24, 2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Blastrezz ]</small>