KoF Comics o my...

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hey,

Wow I visited a KoF site, very cool site.. I saw KoF 2000 Comics! Any1 have a KoF comic and know where to get one?? They look really cool, look at this:
kof2000ComicIssue1G.jpg
kof2000ComicIssue1C.jpg
kof2000ComicIssue2ASmall.jpg

Beautifull art

this is his site link: http://www.crosswinds.net/~vinckof2000/

Cho

kyo3.jpg

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I don't know where to get those comics either. They are really well drawn with lots of detail. If anyone knows where to buy these gems please contact Cho(of course), then me! hehe

Bryan

------------------
k99.gif
-FUCK NGF-

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Hey Guys, These comics are available in HONG KONG and CHINA I believe, and are drawn by ANDY SETO. There are about 10 or 11 books in the series. ( Up to the Kula Battle so far) You can find them on ebay some times...and also I have seen other items such as mousepads and pins included with each book. Hope that helps
smile.gif

------------------
ukyo.gif
"Tsubame Rokuren!" - Tachibana Ukyo

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Here is the cover of the first issue...wicked sick!
kof2k1_kki.jpg

------------------
ukyo.gif
"Tsubame Rokuren!" - Tachibana Ukyo

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I could take a look in the Chinatowns here if anyone's interested. I've seen some of those comics of past annual tournaments, only now I just don't frequent the stores that sell them so I'm not sure what they might have.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Hey Neo Bomber man,

I would like you to check out China town for me! I would pay you for the comics if you would get em' for me!

Bryan

BTW: E-mail me if you would help me with this!

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Hey Neo Bomber man,

I would like you to check out China town for me! I would pay you for the comics if you would get em' for me!

Bryan

BTW: E-mail me if you would help me with this!

------------------
k99.gif
-FUCK NGF-

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
Yup, the art here is impeccable, real quality stuff. I've heard rumours that many of the artists are being recruited by US comic makers and animation houses.

For anybody interested, these comics are Chinese in origin and published by Neo Sun and authorized by SNK. For some reason they are referred to as 'zillion' comics. I have a number of issues starting at KOF97 and they are killer, but can be hard to find.

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
THEY HAVE WHOLE SETS HERE, BUNDLED IN THE SHOP FOR OVER 100 AUD.....
EVEN MORE THAN 200 I THINK, BUT ITS THE WHOLE SET SO I GUESS ITS WORTH.......NEVER BOTHERED TO DISH OUT THAT MUCH CASH FOR COMICS MYSELF THOW =\
I PREFER GAMES.......OR KEYCHAINS
wink.gif

DEVIL GUI

G

gokusama26

about 5 dollars US!

[This message has been edited by gokusama26 (edited January 29, 2001).]

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Get your head checked, or go check the exchange rates. AUD 200 = about USD 109. Nobody would complain about an entire comic set for $5.

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Ok thanks, Neo Bomber Man, are you talking about the whole KoF 2000 or 1999 or even both set??

Thanks again,

Cho

kyo3.jpg

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I was just converting the higher of the two prices that Gui Long gave, which gokusama26 put through a horribly twisted conversion. So, you would have to ask the devil.

By the way, how's the List coming along?

Bomberman

[This message has been edited by Neo Bomber Man (edited January 29, 2001).]

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I've got a bunch of those comics.
Most of them are for KOF 97 and 98.
A friend of mine got them from Canada.
They are excellent! Great art.
Plus, a couple of special issues came with free crap. In one issue I got a paper cup that you have to put together. It even had a plastic bottem. It's got Kyo and Iori on it. Another issue came with an Iori light up ring. All the issues came with a clear plastic card that featured a different KOF character!

------------------

And knowing is half the battle.

[This message has been edited by lemonflav (edited January 29, 2001).]

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
I was just converting the higher of the two prices that Gui Long gave, which gokusama26 put through a horribly twisted conversion. So, you would have to ask the devil.

By the way, how's the List coming along?

Bomberman

[This message has been edited by Neo Bomber Man (edited January 29, 2001).]

I just made the changes to the list, thanks for the info Bomber, also I sended the List yesterday via e-mail to Shawn, hope he puts it up soon.

Cho

kyo3.jpg

G

gokusama26

Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
Get your head checked, or go check the exchange rates. AUD 200 = about USD 109. Nobody would complain about an entire comic set for $5.

Jesus, it was only intended as a joke.... I was poking fun at the current lack of worth of the aussie dollar. Kinda like Canaidian money. Worthless.

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
HES RIGHT, 200 AUD= 200 MONOPOLY MONEY!
wink.gif

THE SETS ARE BUNDLED TOGETHER, WHOLE SET..... WHEN I WAS RICH I WAS GONNA TRY AFFORD THEM......."HOWEVER" IM NOT ENTIRELY CERTAIN, BUT I SUSPECT ALL THE TOYS ETC HAVE BEEN REMOVED......
HOW COULD THEY BUNDLE THEM LIKE THAT OTHERWISE?
DEPEINDS ON THE YEAR TOO.....SOME ARE CHEAPER THAN OTHERS.....
PERSONALLY I DONT LIKE THOSE COMCS MUCH......IT SEEMS TO ME, THE WRITERS ON CRACK AND DOESNT KNOW THE STORYLINE......
HE DOES THE STREET FIGHTER ONES TOO......HE ALSO DID THIS COMIC AROUND THE TIME OF "SNK VS CAPCOM" AND THE CHARACTERS WERE IN THE SAME POSE AND LOOKED ALMOST THE SAME ASIDE FROM MINOR DIFFERENCES (IE THE IORI GUY HAD A PONY TAIL ETC...)

I REALLY HATE THAT WRITER!
PERHAPS HE CAN DRAW, BUT HE CANT MAKE A STORY FOR SHIT!

(MY BROTHER IN LAW COLLECS THEM (AND THEY COLLECT DUST AMONGST HIS STOCK PILES OF TOYS) SO I KNOW SOME OF THE SERIES AND OTHER STORIES IN THE SERIES......IM NOT IMPRESSED OR AMUSED TO SAY THE LEAST.....)
DEVIL GUI

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I've always been a fan of Hong Kong comics since the days of English translated titles like "Oriental Heroes", "The Force of Buddha's Palm", "Drunken Fist", etc... Damn shame Jademan had to close their doors due to poor sales.

I had a Chinese buddy hook me up with a phone number for this place called Ng Hing Kee out in California. Thanks to him, I've got almost all the issues of KOF 98, 99, and so far every issue of 2000. I wish I could find the original paper that the number he wrote me was on, but I have two phone numbers off of an order list they sent me along with a comic.

Here they are:
(626) 284-4861
(626) 289-8295
and a fax # (626) 284-6978

When you call, ask for a lady name Ue Juna (I just know I spelled that wrong), and be ready for a test in patience. The reason being, Ms. Juna is the only decent speaker of English at that place, and she has a really hard time understanding anything you say. Speak clearly, slowly, and tell her you want "King of Fighters 2000", no "KOF" slang or anything. The cost is, if I remember right, something like $95 for six months of comics, and $180 for a year. That might sound steep, but when you take into account you get a comic every week (here lately I've been getting two comics every two weeks, so it balances out) all you're paying is something like $3 an issue. The quality is through the roof on these puppies too, as you can tell by the art, but also the production quality. Plastic coated cover, baxter stock paper, enough to make comic geeks like me real happy.

Hope this helps out, and like I say, be cool and patient. Hey, Ms. Juna speaks better English than I do Chinese any day of the week, so I'm not knocking her or the company at all. If you can, try to get a Chinese speaking friend to order for you, things'll go smoother, trust me...

Thanks,
-Lou-

lou_preview.jpg

http://www.fanscene.org

[This message has been edited by Lou Gojira (edited February 01, 2001).]