Who says PS Metal Slug X is no good?

S

Silent_Scope

I just received my copy of PS version Metal Slug X this afternoon.
I was surprised that the loading time is short (around 5-6 seconds) and it's not that bad. Game play is typical MS style and I can't tell if there is any slowdown at all. I have to admit that graphic isn't as rich as Neo version but hey, I'm talking about Playstation, okay? Don't be so picky.....
Music and sound are okay. I like it so much. It's just $50 so don't compare this game with almighty $300 AES version. It's not fair. I like it so much, who says SNK can't make a good port on playstation console? Good job, SNK!!!!
Where is Metal Slug 3?

Venturis41002

B. Jenet's Firstmate
COOL!
cool.gif

I will get Metal Slug X on import PS.
I can't wait. I am so excit.

hey I had old Metal Slug game on import PS.

eek.gif

Front
slpm65010.jpg

Back
slpm65010b.jpg

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
How many times in each level does it load? Thats cool that theres no noticable slowdown. The cover art is pretty cool too.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
heh the
cover is cool
heh
their looking
down a tank
barrel!

S

Silent_Scope

Intro will take about 8 seconds but each level only has 5 to 6 seconds. I just finished the whole game thanks to the unlimited continues. I like it so much. You have to see the later level by yourself coz graphic and sprite are almost as good as MVS or AES Neo version. The greatest achievement by SNK is that there is no slowdown at all (Maybe my eyes are sore but I can't find any slowdown thru out the gameplay). I remembered someone posting MS X review not long ago for rating of 7 or so. I dont' believe that. It's really good conversion and I highly recommend it for PS owner. I can't wait for the US version so I bought JPN one. Not bad at all, SNK!!!
smile.gif

Oh, the Art Gallery is the same as NEO MS 2 CD version. Nothing special~~
I think I should get first MS for PS.
Is MS good or not? Just wonder

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug is good on PSX, but there is loading in the middle of the levels that breaks the action up a bit. Still, it is a great conversion of the game and is a lot of fun to play on the PSX. I am glad to hear they finished MSX and it is looking and playing good. This is really good news because if it is a big seller we can expect to see 3 I am sure, SNK would be stupid to not cash in on that unbelievable sequel.

-Nick

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by nruva:
Metal Slug is good on PSX, but there is loading in the middle of the levels that breaks the action up a bit. Still, it is a great conversion of the game and is a lot of fun to play on the PSX. ]-Nick

I disagree here. I think the original Metal Slug on the PSX is god awful.

Half the character animation is cut (when the character is walking, it almost looks like he's floating due to the lack of animation).

The color pallete is very washed out. This is noticable right from the beginning.

The sound effects and voices sound like they are coming to you from the end of a tunnel.

Also, the game stops and loads nearly 3 times per level!!

If you're going to get a Metal Slug port, get the Saturn version. It is much more faithful to the Neo version than the PSX version. Just my .02

Ryan

S

Silent_Scope

Originally posted by Venturis41002:
COOL!
cool.gif

I will get Metal Slug X on import PS.
I can't wait. I am so excit.

hey I had old Metal Slug game on import PS.

Hey, you aren't showing Metal Slug but PS 2 game from Capcom. It must be a mistake....

S

Silent_Scope

One more thing:
If you play MS X on PS2, it'll only take 2 seconds to load each level. Not bad, right
smile.gif

I've beaten this game three times already....still a lot of fun
biggrin.gif

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Venturis41002: That looks like Capcom's Onimusha for the PS2.

I once had the Saturn MS1, and loved it. Only the Neo-CD version can touch it as far as a home port goes. The Neo-CD and Saturn versions of MS1 miss only a few MINOR details (like the way the arrow signs judder, and the voice announcing "MISSION COMPLETED!" at the end of a level). There's no in-level loading like the PS one.

Does the PS MSX load during levels? Metal Slug 2 on the Neo-CD sometimes does (but not too often).

It'd be nice if SNK would make a PlayStation port of Metal Slug 3 that offers a PS2 enhanced mode (which would be arcade perfect with no midlevel loading). Then again, I really want a Dreamcast version.

gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com
jackal.jpg