Will They Never Learn!!

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Searching on Ebay as usual and I stumble across not just one, but two auctions selling Neo Geo Roms. Each of the auctions has 25 items. So 50 in total. This person expects to sell them at $30 dollars!!
I mean this is just wrong. Here are the links: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1210459518
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1210459346

What's that email you dudes sent messages to, to complain about this??
I want to do some complaining, but don't remember what email it was.

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Every time I have sent an a-mail to eBay about this, they inform me that unless the company (SNK) contacts them directly over this type of auction, they have no way of knowing that this is not a "legitimate" product. Duh. In other words, they don't want to get involved, don't care or are just too freakin' lazy to check the item out. Personally, I would just bid a stupid ammount since you will never have to pay for this type of item (you cannot be held liable for any type of illegal transaction-it's like trying to sue someone for selling you a bag of oregano instead of weed). But then there is the whole negative feedback thing, bla bla, bla bla. I have concluded that eBay cares only about them making money, period.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
TMOSTeel is right. Like it or not, there is little you can do. And, ultimately, it's really no big deal. It's more about ethics, anyways.

Personally, I think it's ok to try emulation to see which games to buy. But in truth, I really don't care why they buy or sell the game. Let them do what they want. It's their business. Neo Geo Japan doesn't care about these. Since Neo Geo USA left the scene, the seller and ebay obviously think it's ok to sell these cds...

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Someone should forge a email to eBay warning them if they do not take off the infringing roms they will take legal action. Maybe it will work...

------------------
ntm.jpg

N-T-M

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I hate seeing leeches trying to sell emulator programs and ROMs on eBay. They had NOTHING to do with the emulation program or dumping the ROMs, and should not profit from them. I really don't have a problem with ROMs per se, just with idiots who try to sell them for a profit.

My complaint is already submitted, to safeharbor@ebay.com. It doesn't hurt to complain, in many cases eBay WILL act on illegal auctions (like they did for the idiot I saw selling fake Office 97 and Office 2000 programs, they ended them all). I suggest that other people complain as well, to keep leeches like this from profiting on stuff they had nothing to do with!

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
These people have such gall to make a lameass profit in this manner.

It's thievery, plain and simple. Even worse is the fact that eBay allows it (yet they promptly kill auctions of Japanese Dreamcast games!).

If only SNK Japan would come forward to them on it. At least the guy didn't get any bids.
biggrin.gif

gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com
jackal.jpg

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
The problem is people who are willing to buy the roms of ebay. When you can get them free. That what the dump was intended to be - FREE

It pisses my off that someone is making a profit of this.

BTW the auction has ended.

[This message has been edited by wjw123 (edited January 29, 2001).]

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
It really pisses me off when people steal this kind of artwork. If you love the games, support the artists that worked hard for their craft by buying the product! Whom ever buys this kind of shit really has no respect for the people that made these games possible, and really does'nt care about what they are doing, or realizes it.

As a composer, I am sensitive to this issue, and I can't help but get mad when i see this kind of stealing going on!

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

If there is NGF pirate stuff on Ebay and they do not do shit about it why would they remove CDs full of Neo Geo Roms?