Hey guys check this out

baller99

Banned
Excerpt from Pichai;

"500 carts produced of any game are just not cost effective. These carts are not handed made production line itself would not turn a profit for company. Neo Geo games were sold worldwide and not just Japan and US.
Think about what your saying for a minute. If you saying that only 500 carts were produced in the US, that means only 10 carts were available to each state (I doubt that). Another example, Samurai Showdown 4 US released is a rare cart and pushing $300+ on auction on Ebay. Well I know for sure that there were more than 500 of these produced. How do I know, because I had over 80 of this game 4 years ago and sold some of them without the case for $200 each. Now, I am left with about 40+ SS4 cases with no games."

What do you guys think of this?

Peter

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I posted in the original thread that I thought it was horrible to separate the carts from the cases and art. I'll say it here too. What's the point of even doing it anyway? You destroy the package that is SS4 and at the same time sell it for less due to that very fact? Huh? WTF!?!

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

baller99

Banned
If its too hard to understand you can see where it came from in the topic
"Minimum Print # of Home Carts"

Peter

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'm confused. Why were they sold seperately? HUH? Hurts my brain...

------------------
ntm.jpg

N-T-M

baller99

Banned
Ask Pichai, I think you guys will be greatly apprecitive that Pichai ruined 80 Samurai Shodown 4 carts.You know its not a big deal, thats only about 20% of the ss4 carts in the US.

Thank him

Peter

S

Silent_Scope

What the hell is going on here?
Is he crazy or something?
He'll get severe punishment I'm pretty sure about that.........

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

THAT FOOL HAS NOW BEEN CONDEMED TO ETERNAL SNK FLAMES...WHAT A BLASPHEMOUS ACT...MY BELOVED SAMURAI SPIRITS 4 RAPED AND TORN APART..A TEAR OF BLOOD RUNS FROM SAMHAINS EYE......

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Ummm, they belonged to him so I believe he had every right to do what he wanted with them.

I'm sorry but if NGF isn't here for you guys to rip on, you just can't resist finding another scape goat, can you?

baller99

Banned
yuckydog are you kidding me?he destroyed practically 20 percent of the united state's copies of ss4..how can you defend him?

he should burn in hell for what evils he did

Peter

baller99

Banned
"Ummm, they belonged to him so I believe he had every right to do what he wanted with them."

Ummm, lets see.HE HAD 80 FREAKING COPIES!!!He was bound to sell them sometime.And when he did...so really the games arent his..its the neo communities games since he had 80 COPIES!

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Originally posted by baller99:
Ummm, lets see.HE HAD 80 FREAKING COPIES!!!He was bound to sell them sometime.And when he did...so really the games arent his..its the neo communities games since he had 80 COPIES!

In that case, those of you that have US Ninja Masters and US Metal Slug 1s, hand them over because they belong to the Neo community. You can send them to me and I'll hold onto them for you.

NOT. They were his to do as he pleased until he sold them. Even then, if he sold just the carts, the cases, inserts, manuals and whatever were his to do as he pleased as well.

Seriously, do you really think only 500 copies of SS4 were produced for the US? I'm afraid you're falling into the NGF hype on cartridge production figures.

James

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Why do you guys always have to find someone to hate?

He could have drawn a circle in the dirt, pissed on the cartridges and danced naked in effigy for all I care. It's his property and its none of our business.

Next time you want to flame someone, Baller, take it to the war room or I'll do it for you.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have to agree, but look, now he can get tons of cash for just a piece of plastic and paper! Man, that is kind of strange though... I have seen similar things from Mdgamesales though. If you look at their auctions they always include a photocopied marquee. However, $15 on another auction is the games real marquee and artwork... that kind of pisses me off from time to time.

-Nick

baller99

Banned
First, obviously i dont know how many were made.But the number im hearing is consistinly 500,500,500

2nd..This isnt a flame..this is showing what kind of dirt(aside from dion) there are in the neo community, and plus no one goes to the flame room

Peter

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
WOW, lots people here are crucifying me of what I did to the SS4 game. The Neo Geo market is not a hugh market and I did what I needed to do to make money. I sold Neo Geo games and back then people, YOUNG people who were GAMERS not collectors like now. People who saved their money for weeks or months would come to my Father-in-Law's shop and buy games. Some people would buy just the carts (this save them 40-60 dollars) to play with friends and really not worry about how much this game would cost later or how many of them were made. I sold them for about 200 dollars without manual, insert, and case, thats what the buyer's wanted. The buyers were pleased with this and I made a 200 dollars sale for my family and I didn't give a flying shit about the collectors out there.

And all you hypocrits who cries about me destroying the SS4 this way. Will turn around tomorrow and send Jeff Kurts' their Fatal Fury 3 cart and really DESTROY it for the sake of conversion. For those who still have the SS4 carts only and are now a collector. I still have those cases for sale to make it complete again. That's more than what you can say about your Fatal Fury 3 game.

For those of you who don't beleive that I had 80 SS4 games. Well, I now have about 40 SS4 cases left and If I wanted to I can burn them all(it is after all mine). But, I'll instead sell some to Jeff Kurtz and some to Dion of NGF so, when you destory your SS2 or FF3 games for conversion, it will now come with cases.

Pichai

baller99

Banned
I dont understand your point about ff3 or samurai shodown 2...those are pretty common arent they?and plus if you get a mvs cart converted..who cares..there are enormus amounts of mvs ss4s compared to home carts

Peter

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Pete,

You missed the bus somewhere!

Whether you're destroying a FF3 cart or a SS2 cart, you're still destorying it. I just sold the SS4 carts without the case to kids so they can affrod them. I DID NOT destory it.

If you had a SET of 1952 Topps baseball cards valued at.. say $200,000 and you needed money so you sold only the MICKEY MANTLE rookie for $50,000...You didn't destroy the card, you just devalued the price of your 1952 baseball card set. Point taken?

Oh, yea one more thing. If there were more "dirts" like me who buys 80+ games from SNK than the company would still be producing games for KIDS like you.

So, Get back in line...Get on the bus..and sit back and relax. Watch many different people do their own weird things. Thats what makes our world turns and by the way, it doesn't spin around you.

Pichai

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
sorry guys, i have to agree with pichai on this, when i was young i wanted neo carts but they were to damn expensive i wish i knew about you samurai 4' box or manual and what not THE TRUE FANS BUY THE GAME FOR THE GAME. i know this post is gonna get me hated on, but listen pichai could have sold them all to shits like NGF and if i rmemeber corrctly games like ss4 were so wanted that many would buy them for that discrepency but i have to ask pichai, did you give people an alternative such as letting them buy with everything or not..... if not i cant agree with you... also this community was an ever growing population we didnt know what was right or wrong as far as selling goes and if i could get a SS4 for anything i would buy it i love this hame.

------------------
I WILL CHIZEL YOUR GRAVESTONE SLEEP WELL

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
I think what Pichai did was pretty dumb, however, I have a hard time believing that he really had 80 SS4 home carts and found that many people willing to buy them incomplete without a case or insert. This smells of a little BS to me.

Also, I think that there were much more than only 500 US SS4's produced. I have personally had 3 copies of this game over the years, 1 of which I purchased brand new from Telegames UK. I think the number of US SS4's made is somewhere around 2,000 - 3,000.

Ryan