NGF purchase....how were the results?

CORE

n00b
Actualy, the results were pretty frekin good! actually I recieved the package last thurs day, so im sorry to post this late, but my car has been in the shop and i dont have A computer, I use the computers at the college I go to. as A few of you know I put A post up about A month and A half ago stating that I was going to buy A few items from NGF and see how I liked the results, well it took A little while due to some financial difficulties but I was finaly able to get some cash together. after talking to dion on the phone i decided to go for A KOF 2000 T-shirt, two NGF promo tapes (strikers 1945 and prehistorick isle 2)A full size KOF 2000 poster and the matching fold out arcade flyer, for A grand total of $70 including shipping and insurance. Isent the payment on sunday(the day before martin luther king junior day) by pay pal, dion shipped the goods out tuesday of that week and the package arrived thursday of that same week, a mere two days later. well I was prety eccited about seing the goods so I brought it inside and opened it up. to my surprise this was one of the best packaging jobes that I seen on an order that was sent to me. every thing was packaged individualy even each promo tape. all 5 items in thier own envelope and in one box. the first thing I checked was the T-shirt. It was brand new, perfect, and not A sign of dions signature anywhere on it.

CORE

n00b
sorry guys I got cut of, the library I am at is closing now so I must make this a two parter and finish it tommorow, take care.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you. But I'm A bit disappointed to see that A fellow neo gamer would buy A cart let alone carts from A dead beat company. I'm still Apprehensive about your carts but hope for you that you didn't make an A-hole out of yourself.

baller99

Banned
"I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you. But I'm A bit disappointed to see that A fellow neo gamer would buy A cart let alone carts from A dead beat company. I'm still Apprehensive about your carts but hope for you that you didn't make an A-hole out of yourself. "
did that make any sense?

Peter

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Originally posted by BakuretsuMutekiSid:
I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you. But I'm A bit disappointed to see that A fellow neo gamer would buy A cart let alone carts from A dead beat company. I'm still Apprehensive about your carts but hope for you that you didn't make an A-hole out of yourself.

What the hell are you talking about? If you read the whole thing he never mentioned that he bought any carts from NGF!! I am not trying to pick a fight or anything like that I am just making a point. Now here it is.....sure the whole deal went well because it had nothing to do with ANY Neo Geo game cartridge!! That is where all the problems arise. I am sure that NGF had plenty of Extended Play bootleg copies of the Promo tapes with homemade stickers, T-shirts that where taken to the local print shop and printed, along with various Kinko color copied arcade Flyers and posters.They were more than happy to sell all that for $70!!All Core bought was a couple of video tapes, a t-shirt, a poster, and an arcade flyer for $70.I personally am glad to hear he got what he ordered in a timly fashion....but let's just wait and see when he orders a KOF 2k NGF ENGLISH version for $600!! Then the service I am sure will change. Or for that matter...won't change
rolleyes.gif
......hmmmm???!!...just my thoughts.

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
kof 2000?
NGF special edition?
for 600 dollars?
WHAT A DEAL!!!
screw getting the
original nontampered
japanese version for
half the price!
theyre just flying
off the shelves gettum
while you can!
still six copies available
in the superstore!

B

Bobak!

I bought my Japanese version for just under $300, just the other day. I saved money and I did, what I believe, to be the ethical thing.

Bobak!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
hey rarehero

i love

the way

you type

i really do

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by Bobak!:
I bought my Japanese version for just under $300, just the other day. I saved money and I did, what I believe, to be the ethical thing.

Bobak!

That's a good deal Bobak! Where did you score that?

Ryan

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
talking to dion on the phone i decided to go for A KOF 2000 T-shirt, two NGF promo tapes (strikers 1945 and prehistorick isle 2)A full size KOF 2000 poster and the matching fold out arcade flyer, for A grand total of $70 including shipping and insurance

Core,

no Offense but lets see you got

1. Full size Kof 2000 poster Snk gave away free
2. 1 KOF 2000 t-shirt SNK gave away free
3. 1 Kof 2000 Flyer apple photo system gave away free
4. And 2 video tapes of Dion playing Strikers and prehistoric Island 2.

Sounds like a great deal to me where can a get some
smile.gif

B

Bobak!

rstreck:

I got it on eBay of all places. Some Japanese seller put it up with the "Buy-it-now" option (he obviously didn't care about scalping it, he had 30 other PC-Engine auctions running). So... I bought it now for $299 + shipping.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i got a kof 2000
poster free from
the owner of the
local arcade its
sweet he gave me
the japanese move
list too ..
he said he didnt
need them since
he had the US move
list he even gave
this scrub guy
a kof 2000 tshirt
i shouldve mugged
him
heh
and run off laughing!
HAAAAHAAAA
oh did i mention i didnt
get it from dion?
yeah

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Originally posted by rarehero:
i got a kof 2000
poster free from
the owner of the
local arcade its
sweet he gave me
the japanese move
list too ..
he said he didnt
need them since
he had the US move
list he even gave
this scrub guy
a kof 2000 tshirt
i shouldve mugged
him
heh
and run off laughing!
HAAAAHAAAA
oh did i mention i didnt
get it from dion?
yeah

you see and that's what I'm talking about.

Do you think Apple photo systems, being a SNK MVS distrubutor, charged for the t-shirts, posters and flyers?

Of course not because these are promo Items given out by SNK free just like the 10 of 1000's promo items given out by other manfactures.

Now in the same context do you think NGF being a so-called SNK Homecart distrubutor gives out the items for free?

well we all know this is not the case.

SO why can not people see how NGF is out to squeeze as much out of the Neo community and rip them off as much as they can.

Sure your deal went Good, It cost them NOTHING for the items they sent you except shipping and the cost of 2 blank tapes.

Geezzzz.

Now in argument have I paid for posters and promo items before.

Yes I Bid on some that went up on ebay and paid someone for the pocket items that came up.

but these are all going through third parties.

when I called SNK USA or Visit a reseller I get the items free if the had them, In fact SNK USA sent me 5 poster at no cost shipped in a big flat box so they would not be folded when I recieved them. I know they had they're faults but when they did that I was very gratefull. ANd I also give them away free when I have extras or just through them in with items I put up on auctions.

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited January 26, 2001).]

baller99

Banned
"talking to dion on the phone i decided to go for A KOF 2000 T-shirt, two NGF promo tapes (strikers 1945 and prehistorick isle 2)A full size KOF 2000 poster and the matching fold out arcade flyer, for A grand total of $70 including shipping and insurance
Core,

no Offense but lets see you got

1. Full size Kof 2000 poster Snk gave away free
2. 1 KOF 2000 t-shirt SNK gave away free
3. 1 Kof 2000 Flyer apple photo system gave away free
4. And 2 video tapes of Dion playing Strikers and prehistoric Island 2.

Sounds like a great deal to me where can a get some
"

Thats pretty funny,i wouldnt be that stupid to pay 70 dollars for that crap

Peter

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
My bad! Maybe I prematurely jumped to conclusion. Regardless, I was disappointed with this association with NGF. This Neo Geo community needs to stick together and keep out the rubbish, if ya know what I mean.

As for my earlier post, I'm surprised no one understood it, even though there was some discrepancy (I thought there was an earlier dealing - EXCUSE ME!!). I borrowed Core's writing style (capitalized A), to emphasize my disdain of NGF. Come on people, where's your funny!

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Hey BakuretsuMutekiSid, I wasn't trying to start anything I was just helping you out. I personally think it is funny how this post came out of no where. Was there any other post that said he was comptemplating dealing with NGF? To augue another point how do we even know this deal took place....in light of another forum with Pichai being crucified....where are his pictures? Where does he prove that he actually bought the stuff?......Just my thougts on this whole thing.....

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.