Auction on NGF stuff

Pichai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
NGF has alot of good games on auction right now on Ebay with less than 12 hours left. But, no matter how much I bid, I was out bid right away..Someone has set a very high proxy bid on most of their auctions. Would the winner please email me and tell me how much they pay for these games so I know how much to expect the next time..Ninja Master, Panic Bomber, and Power Spike 2. Not to open up any can of worms here. :-)

Thank you

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Gee... why doesn't this sound surprising...
rolleyes.gif

OK... try to follow me here. You place an auction, and then you have one of your friends in the neighborhood place an EXTREMELY HIGH BID on it. That way, without setting a reserve price you can get the price that you want for the game. If it doesn't sell, then whatever... your friend just pretends that he got the game very quickly and sends a positive feedback rating in return. Then, later down the road, they place the game on eBay again.

Don't be surprised if people aren't doing this already. Soon, someone will get so "crazed" on owning the title after seeing it always go at a high price that they will meet or exceed the price that was magically set by some other "bidder".

I wouldn't be shocked at the least if someone we all know was operating in the same fashion...

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited January 25, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

VinylBoy, so it must be you who always outbid me in those Neo and Turbo games....

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
VinylBoy, so it must be you who always outbid me in those Neo and Turbo games....

Guilty as charged!!
biggrin.gif

No, seriously... I haven't made a bid on anything on eBay for at least 2 or 3 years. The last thing I ever purchased was a Baseball Stars 2 Cart, and the transaction went pretty nicely. But that was then...

C

Caris Nautilus

Ebay is full of fraud, You just have to be smart about things. If your bidding on an auction and you KEEP getting outbid right away STOP bidding! lol, Something is probly up, Just walk away and wait for another auction. The scammers get caught sooner or later.

I caught a guy once and reported him, Since I got suspicious so I checked out the high bidders personal info, and then the sellers.

Both had the same phone number down, lol, Not to smart. Anyways I reported him, Don't know if they accually did anything though.

------------------

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
The thing is though, if your auction supposedly sells, ebay charges you their fee. So if you just have your friend bidding up the auction and nobody else gets involved, it could mean the crooked seller gets stuck with the fee and no sell. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

S

Silent_Scope

yeah, you have to be smart on Ebay.
I only bid on ppl I know or trust like 16-bit, yackydog, and so on.
Otherwise I'll not bid anything more than $30.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Also there are a few other loopholes that you can do on ebay as well.....

You can place an Item up for auction with no reserve.(so you don't look greedy).You can do either what vinylboy was saying or...if you don't get what you expect out of it you can go in and cancel everyones bid and end the auction. Since no one "won" your auction you can't get any feedback and it doesn't show up in your overall Id card at ebay.

Another tatic favors the bidder.....kinda what was going on with GameGuru's auction...

Set up a fake Id and go in and bid that super high amount that no one would ever bid and actually beat. Next you would place a legitmate bid at what you REALLY want to pay. Then at the last minute.....the fake ID gets canceled and the next highest bidder gets the auction at the price they wanted or even BETTER than they wanted. Just a little heads up......with Ebay taking on more and more people this stuff you have to watch out for.....it sad that it can't be done correctly.....the only thing about this is that any bid retractions shows up on the ID card. So MAKE SURE you check out your bidders and look at the sellers as well...

Me personally...I haven't ever gotten burned or had a bad transaction.....YET....crossing my fingers.....don't want one either.....

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by Pichai:
NGF has alot of good games on auction right now on Ebay with less than 12 hours left. But, no matter how much I bid, I was out bid right away..Thank you

Pichai, consider yourself lucky that you were outbid. Now you don't have to go through the trouble of trying to deal with NGF. You most likely would have gotten burned by them.

Ryan

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I haven't had any bad experiences with EBay yet. However, there was a recent situation that seemed very suspicious. I was biding on Power Disc (i.e. Wimdjammers in the U.S.) for Neo-CD (starting bid was $9.99) and no more than half an hour later (I had been watching the auction for 4 days and there were no bidders), someone bid against me. I decided to back off from the auction. 1 hour before the auction ended, I
received a strange e-mail from the high bidder:

Subject:
flying power disc problem
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:26:33 -0600
"Johnson, Mitchell S" <MSJOHNSON@CSBSJU.EDU>
To:
"'neolord@metrocast.net'" <neolord@metrocast.net>

Dear Buyer,

I'm kind of in a bind here and I was hoping that you could be of some
help. I recently bid on flying power disc for the neo geo cd. However, I found
the english version (windjammers) later and I no longer wish to purchase flying
power disc. My max bid was only $11. If you still wish to purchase this item
you would only have to bid $11.50 to outbid me. I know this was rather silly
but I don't use this system often. If this is something you wish to do know
that I appreciate the help greatly. Otherwise, no harm done, it was most
certainly a silly mistake on my part. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
WyldChyld

He then retracted his bid after he realized I wasn't interested in his offer (I never responded to his e-mail). In his retraction statement, he said (and I quote) ' I'm very, very sorry. I thought my ngc could play japanese games but it cannot.' Uhhh.. yeah, sure.. Neo-Geo CD systems do not support regional coding, so games from other countries will work (as we all know). Whatever! He said his maximum bid was $11.00, but who is to really say (I wasn't about to find out)? I could have placed a bid and ended up spending more than I should have. I ended up winning the auction (at the original starting bid price of $9.99) so all is well.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited January 25, 2001).]

baller99

Banned
Pichai how come you dont understand something so simple---ITS DION AND HIS FRIENDS BIDDING!!!NEVER BID ON A NGF AUCTION!!!
Why do you think he always does private auctions???
gee,,, uh,,,i dont know,,, let me guess?
so maybe you cant find out that he and his friends are driving the prices up

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
All I can say is "That's FUCKED UP." I Fucking hate NGF - I have never dealt with them either! And that's not necessary to see how pathetic they are.

S

Silent_Scope

NeoLord, I had the same experience as yours two months ago regarding Shock Troopers 2nd Squad auction (I think it's ST, or maybe Metal Slug 3). But the high bidder is someone I knew from here and it's very reliable person. He just told me he want to give up the bidding. But I think it's kinda funny
smile.gif

Well, Ebay is full of monsters, especially NGF is there.......

K

kyoisthekof

I've had only good experience with eBay, with the only loser so far being myself. Well, not really. Some rough things happened (bouts of illness, and wrecking my damn Mustang in the same month), and I came to realize I really had no funds left to give to the sellers whose auctions I'd bid on.

Only plus being that I make an excellent salary, and it won't take me all that long to pull myself back out of this rut and (hopefully) mend those old wounds with the sellers. Of course, being stuck home sick has it's good points as well - Not since my school days have I had time to just kick back, watch TV, surf the net, and play games.... I'm bored as can be. lol

jefmcc

Armored Scrum Object
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pichai:
NGF has alot of good games on auction right now on Ebay with less than 12 hours left. But, no matter how much I bid, I was out bid right away..Someone has set a very high proxy bid on most of their auctions. Would the winner please email me and tell me how much they pay for these games so I know how much to expect the next time..Ninja Master, Panic Bomber, and Power Spike 2. Not to open up any can of worms here. :-)

Thank you

Pichai, this is the guy that you bought Crossed swords and Fatal Fury from. For the love of god, don't deal with NGF!!!

S

Silent_Scope

STAY AWAY FROM NGF~~~~~~~

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?