There is always something funny at eBay

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Take a look at this eBay auction... haha, I love the description he gives!!
smile.gif
Sounds like someone got stuck with a cart and is trying to get rid of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=545751013

-Nick

I

Iori

He did find one sucker.

Iori-play Ninja Gaiden instead

------------------
vicecharge.gif

[This message has been edited by Iori (edited January 23, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

What? CLASSIC METAL SLUG PLAY WITH A NINJA TWIST? That sounds too Samurai Showdown to me.............

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
It is only at 29$ yet so.. Hope no1 is bidding any higher on it heh

Cho

kyo3.jpg

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
You know what's fucked up? I dropped $150 on this game a few months after it was released. Man, I'm still kicking myself for that one.

Ryan

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
From your comments, I don't have to check the link to find out what it is. It's Ganryu, right?

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm actually intrigued by this game. I've heard a lot about it but have never seen any pics other than an opening title screen talking about Musashi's famous duel with Sasaki Kojiro on Ganryu Island. Can anybody give me a description of what the game is like, or at least point me in a direction where I can get a better look at it? From what everybody seems to be saying here, the game sounds like complete crap. I've been thinking about getting the !arcade! MVS converter for situations like this. Anybody care to give a capsulated review of it? Any input is appreciated.

Taiso

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Taiso,
Look at this thread... I wrote a little synopsis about the game and my first hour or so with it.
http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000514.html

For the record, the graphics are not horrible... but they are not up to 1999 standards. Think of what Ninja Gaiden or Strider looked like on the Genesis (maybe Strider looked better, but it has been a while since I have seen it)... That gives you a good idea. The colors used are nice, and the backgrounds are not horrible, but the game itself just isn't spectacular. Many people, including myself, believe that this game could have been good, but it was either rushed out the door, or was given to a team that did not have a lot of experience. Regardless, for the $25 or so dollars it is running at it is not a bad deal. It is quite hard and it will keep you busy if you are looking for things to do... but the gameplay is so repetitive, and the frustration level is so high that you may just shelve it for later like I did.

-Nick

B

Bobak!

I've wrote a full lenght review of Ganryu a little over a year ago, I'll see if Shawn will post it here (if I can find it).

Bobak!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Thanks, Nick. I checked the review and your comments out. Good job, by the way.

It's too bad the game turned out to be a mixed bag. I'm into chambara stuff, mostly momoyama/sengoku/Tokugawa bakufu period Japanese history (I also am interested in the Meiji Restoration thanks to Ruroni Kenshin and Last Blade), so it stands to reason that when a game comes out with the name GANRYU on its label I'm going to raise a curious eyebrow. I know the game isn't new, but for some odd reason I could never find anything out about it no matter where I looked. Until now, that is
smile.gif

Thanks to the forums here, and their helpful and knowledgeable members, I've been getting shloads of information and learning a hell of a lot about the neo, and I've been involved in it for almost six years. I can't believe I'd only scratched the surface in all that time. I think I'm having more fun with the hobby of neo than ever before since I found this site.

Taiso

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Well, I went and checked out the pics of Ganryu, thanks to the link provided by baller99. I FINALLY know what this game looks like! Again, thanks
smile.gif
!

I think the game's environments look pretty cool. The backgrounds appear very well detailed, and the color pallate looks pretty deep. The cinema graphics are nice and have a pretty good samurai anime look. But the in game characters look just awful to me. Just very poor, barely SNES level from what I can tell. Seeing the characters on the screen in those pics, I had to wonder if the game had flicker:P! I assume it doesn't, since it's late generation neo we're talking here, but the characters have that 'flicker-prone' look to them so common in platform action games from the 8 bit and early 16 bit days (even the awesome Ninja Gaiden trilogy, the first of which being the game that sold me on a NES, flickers). I mean, couldn't they have done any better than that? Then again, I haven't seen the game in action so maybe I'm being too harsh. God knows how many times I've forgiven games their flaws as long as they're fun to play.

Two questions yet to be answered to satisfy my thirst for Ganryu knowledge, if anyone could be kind enough to answer. How's the animation in the game, and is the music any good? Neo Geo games have always had the best music in them (Real Bout Fatal Fury original soundtrack is my favorite), and hopefully Ganryu keeps that tradition up.

Taiso

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by Taiso:
Two questions yet to be answered to satisfy my thirst for Ganryu knowledge, if anyone could be kind enough to answer. How's the animation in the game, and is the music any good?
Taiso

Check out Bobak's Ganryu review in the Reviews section.

Ryan

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Thanks for the advice Ryan, and thanks to Bobak! for the review. All my questions have been answered.

Reading the review didn't make me want to pick up Ganryu any time soon, but I sure want to head back home and play Ninja Gaiden on the NES all of a sudden!

Taiso