NGF Again

baller99

Banned
Hey guys im sorry to again start another anti-NGF post but this auction just gave me a big laugh..
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1208938649

at the bottom of each of dion's or NGF's auction they have this little disclaimer.

"This is a Private Auction which will keep private the user names and e-mail addresses of all bidders involved. This is being done due to complaints I've received recently from bidders in some of my auctions who have been contacted illegally by outside parties (section 5.5) through their user names and e-mail addresses which have until now been available under Bid History. This will keep other people from getting your email and bothering you with other sales or trying to persuade you into their own sale. Bid freely in this auction, knowing that your bid is confidential and honest. My eBay feedback rating is well over 180+ positives. DKD4's eBay feedback"

I wonder why he makes it a private auction.
hehe

S

Silent_Scope

That's stupid. Dion once again shows himself as a moron. Private auction? Stupid ass.....

baller99

Banned
Obviously he makes it private auction so that others(perhaps from these forums) wont email the high bidder and try warning them that they are about to deal with a crook.Guess Dion doesnt like that huh?
Dumbass

Peter

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by baller99:
Obviously he makes it private auction so that others(perhaps from these forums) wont email the high bidder and try warning them that they are about to deal with a crook.Guess Dion doesnt like that huh?
Dumbass

Peter

Also his friend can bid the price up.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
LOL Dion's auction become more gay AND GAY AND GAY AND GAY AND GAY AND GAY the cart is not even official just look at the box and cart

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

baller99

Banned
What the hell does he mean "OFFICIAL collectors Japanese version"?There is no official version of that cart..it was never released on home cart.

Can we get him for this auction and the others he is posting on ebay all the time?Do you guys see a disclaimer saying these carts arent original carts?i sure dont...This could even be considered piracy for all i know..my goal in life-to get Dion banned from ebay

And second, what the hell kind of a gay name is Dion?

Peter

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
You know...

People like this are going to continue to do stuff like this as long as there are people out there who aren't willing to take the time to do the research and find out the culture... people who won't try to figure out who REALLY have respectable reputations... people who jump at every opportunity to get a game and won't wait until a deal that is more comfortable to them presents itself... people who become so fanactically crazed about owning a supposed "rare" item just so they can look cool to their friends.

That's why there's people like Dion... he knows there's a sucker born every minute, and knows what to do in order to catch them. By having a supposed 180+ positive rating on eBay, the average customer will look at that and think he's trustworthy even though they've never seen or spoken to the guy directly in a situation outside of sales. They don't try to think about how this could be a false representation... his rating could have easily been built up by his own friends or through various aliases that he has throughout his numerous e-mail accounts. People really need to sit back and do as much research as possible before deciding to spend their money... you'd do it for anything else you would purchase, so why not video games? That is, unless, you think it IS worth it to pay 3-4 times the price for a hacked version of an official game just to own it.

As long as there are those that don't try to figure out what's going on behind the scenes before jumping into one, they're going to get burned. That's a BIG reason why NGF is so <sarcasm>successful</sarcasm>...

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited January 23, 2001).]

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
my goal in life-to get Dion banned from ebay

And second, what the hell kind of a gay name is Dion?

Peter

Peter,

I was just curious as to what changed your mind about Dion. I remember back sometime last spring, you were a big fan of his. I remember trying to tell you that he was a big rip off artist but you thought he was okay. I'm not trying to start a flame, I'm just curious as to what made you change your mind. Did you have a deal with him that went bad or something?

Ryan

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
Someone could email eBay admin to tell them that it's a bootleg cart... They will probably shut it down if you show them some evidence. I think it would be worth it, if Dion pulls this stunt again (which he no doubt will) eBay will probably shut any other bootleg cart auctions he attempts...

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

VinylBoy

Originally posted by chainsawyak:
Someone could email eBay admin to tell them that it's a bootleg cart... They will probably shut it down if you show them some evidence. I think it would be worth it, if Dion pulls this stunt again (which he no doubt will) eBay will probably shut any other bootleg cart auctions he attempts...

Even if we got that auction eliminated, it still wouldn't prevent him from actually being able to do future auctions. eBay always threaten to ban people, but they never really do. If they actually did that, Dion would have probably been eliminated a long time ago.

But even if he is, what's to say that if he doesn't make up a totally different name and e-mail address and start all over again? Or get one of his henchmen to do his work for him? Really, the only way to stop him is to ignore him. The more they do, the more they'll eventually hurt themselves in the long run.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
I agree with vinylboy...I think that Dion will just try it under another name and alias. Ebay will look at why should they waste their time tracking one person? Even if you educate the Neo people there are still going to be people that think "it can't happen to me." or "it is different with me." Another thing though I think is the way he words his auctions. If I were a newbie to ebay, looking for Neo Carts and I read that auction I would probably be tricked into thinking it was legit. Only through reading and research have I educated myself. Also alot of the people on Ebay are just looking for something fast without doing research and putting in any effort.
Also I think it is funny when he says that he has 180+ positive feedback. If you REALLY look at his Ebay ID card it is only 148. He has 194 but if you look at the feedback alot of them are repeat people posting feedback. And alot of them are for him buying things rather that selling.....makes a big difference. I think there should be 2 types of feedback...one for buying.....easy to do....and one for selling ......much harder to get positive feedback if you ripping people off.......just my thoughts....

No place has what we have and no place has better service, knowledge, and experience with the NeoGeo system.

no place has better service huh?
rolleyes.gif
Wow I guess all these people are wrong then??
rolleyes.gif

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

[This message has been edited by djbomberman (edited January 23, 2001).]

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Oh dear! This has got to be one of his worst!

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Originally posted by Nostromo:
You want to have a laugh?
Go to http://www.ebay.co.uk
Setup a fake account (it wont ask you for credit card details) and bid an insane amount of money on his stuff.

Easy.

Yeah, but by doing that we are sinking....no free-falling to his level.....I know I don't want to do that.....

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

baller99

Banned
"Peter,

I was just curious as to what changed your mind about Dion. I remember back sometime last spring, you were a big fan of his. I remember trying to tell you that he was a big rip off artist but you thought he was okay. I'm not trying to start a flame, I'm just curious as to what made you change your mind. Did you have a deal with him that went bad or something?

Ryan
"
You know Ryan, no i have never made a transaction with Dion.I had come extremelly close twice about a year and a half ago.Back then Dion wasnt as big an asshole as you would have thought.Somewhere along the ranks of Shawn in honesty. But somewhere around jan of last year, everybody on every neo mailing list started flaming Dion and i realized these werent actusations, they were the truth.Another thing that happend was that i said one negative thing about him on his neo-mailing list a year ago and he got kicked.Even though it was a mature, educated remark.

Hope that kinda answers your question.
Oh well, there are a million other crooks out there to worry about.

Peter

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
NGF will burn

------------------
k99.gif

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
[B

Hope that kinda answers your question.
Oh well, there are a million other crooks out there to worry about.

Peter[/B]

Peter,

I'm glad to hear that you never actually got burned by him. Although trust me on this one, he always waz an asshole, it just didn't happen all of a sudden. Anyway, welcome to the forums, it's good to have you here.

Ryan

Robert

20 Year Member
ok,ok NGF is not the most loved website for many neofans but it seems that's the only way to obtain unrealesed carts so I'm not sure that they must burn.

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by robert:
ok,ok NGF is not the most loved website for many neofans but it seems that's the only way to obtain unrealesed carts so I'm not sure that they must burn.

Maybe, but I would never buy anything from them, unreleased or otherwise.

Ryan

Big Bruno

20 Year Member

Oh please, Jeff kurtz and !Arcade! will do conversion also. they just do not advertise it.

Also have you ever looked inside a NGF conversion? They may look pretty outside (debatable) but the inside is spagetti. I Know adol has posted some pics but I will be more then happy to dig them up again. Or maybe jeff Can comment on the shaby workmanship. The work Jeff and !arcade! do is far superior to any cart NGF has converted. Plus they will not write DIon on the inside of the cart shell with magic marker. But see someone who has not been around long enough would not know all this info, that is why people keep bringing it up.

But look for yourself, if you have bought a ngf converion cart. That is if it is not superglued shut.

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited January 24, 2001).]

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
man i love this site already! I was seriously looking to order from ngf. now I won't even consider it. all you guys rock hard!

------------------

VinylBoy

*SHAKES HIS HEAD*

If you'd do the research, you'd find that there are many other people who can do cart conversions, and just about anything you'd want for a Neo Geo system. Just about all of them have much better reputations than NGF, and their work is of better quality. Just ask questions and don't just assume that what's on the surface is "law".

Wasn't there some sort of saying about the person or group that's usually the worst is the person or group that's always flaunting their best?
biggrin.gif

But if you want to deal with NGF, go right ahead. Just don't post here if (and when) they either give you sub-standard work, or just rip you off completely.