Massystems is dead?

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
Today I wanted to send an e-mail to MAS, to see if they knew more about my (already paid for) SuperNOVA, ordered from them on 15th November. It appears that their address massys@earthlink.net is not available anymore. FUCK that! I just lost $381 on them. Add that to the $400 Loaded Consoles took from me! I must be the most ripped off person ever!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
It could be that their earthlink account has lapsed . . . did you try calling them? Here's a link to their contact page at their site:
http://www.massystems.com/Contact.html

Has a toll-free number, you might want to give them a call. Just be prepared for the eternally crying baby in the background . . .
rolleyes.gif

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
Toll-Free? From the Netherlands? I fucking hate it when they don't reply!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, yeah, heh, you have a point there. Toll free from the Netherlands ain't gonna happen . . . sorry about that.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

MAS Systems seems like a really worthless business, run out of a home, with poor communication, poor followup, bad attitudes, and substandard product. Personally, although I have been considering a Super NOVA for a while, I'll pass on it if I have to order from these idiots. GW Trading at least responds to the customer. And anyway, a full blown arcade cab is the best option of all, if you have the space for it.
biggrin.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I think they are dead. Not that I care much, nor have much proof--same w/ e-mails.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Wan-Fu

Galford's Armourer
They are still very much in business and in fact just moved to a new location and hired more help to turn out their products faster.

I agree that their service is poor but their products are pretty good. I have a Super Nova and two arcade sticks and the overall craftsmanship is excellent.

Your best bet is to keep calling them on the telephone and be persistent. Email is a waste of time with MAS.

FrAgGLe

n00b
Hi,

Well, i don't really understand why you don't have replies from MASS because i can still access to their website and i also ordered two SuperPro sticks in novemeber that are enroute to France!!! (i am tracking the parcels with USPS). They are rather slow with e-mails but seem to be professionals.

Hope you'll find a solution...

S

Silent_Scope

You are lucky. They never replied anything to me. I almost bought a SuperNova but ended up with another AES system (couldn't believe it their lousy service.....)

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I've given up on MAS myself.

I attempted to contact them once in regards to getting a Dreamcast/PSX/Saturn/Neo-Geo cross compatible controller made, but they never replied.

I'd rather deal with GW Trading. Unfortunately, they don't make console controllers AFAIK. Their HGA controllers kick ass.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

Assasin223

n00b
You guys are all on crack about Mas systems. I ordered a supernova and had it at my front door in 4 days complete with neo geo style 4 button sticks. I do agree that e-mail is of no concern to Mas, so don't bother.

Well, I tried calling them for several days. No one would pick up the phone, so they don't deserve my business. I tried e-mailing and calling, so as far as I'm concerned they deserve to go out of business. Customers should carry just a bit more weight...

Brent

Originally posted by Assasin223:
You guys are all on crack about Mas systems. I ordered a supernova and had it at my front door in 4 days complete with neo geo style 4 button sticks. I do agree that e-mail is of no concern to Mas, so don't bother.

C

Caris Nautilus

You don't have to buy a Super Nova just from MAS. When I had one I bought it from videoconnect.com and it shipped within 2 days.

Videoconnect gets their super novas FROM mas, So your still getting the same product.

------------------

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
Great news: I just got a letter from customs over here in Holland, saying that 3 packages came in for me. I just have to pay importtaxes (or something), and they'll be mine!! That means that I'll be able to play MVS next week.
Wanna know what it cost me?
SuperNOVA system : $287.23
Shipping to Netherlands: $93.99 (Freakin' surface mail)
Taxes : $72.43
That's AWFUL! You guys are lucky to live in the USA.