Where is news of the super games comming out like SS5,RB3,LB3,MS3,MotW2??

K

kyoisthekof

Torture this person. hehehe Making us think about what might have been...

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Personally, although Aruze/SNK claims to be continuing to support the Neo Geo MVS system, I have doubts about most of these possible future releases. I believe that a lot of the staff that worked on games in the classic series you mentioned, are gone from SNK. The only real possibility right now I see is Metal Slug 4. The MS series have proven to be very successful and very well suited for arcade games, and the SNK staff that developed this series may not have left the company.

Well, there's always NitD MVS, if nothing else . . .

K

kyoisthekof

MVS??? What about the AES cart? It's being released pretty soon, supposedly, if there's enough pre-orders at NGF. I just hope they don't wind up being the ONLY place to purchase a cart.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
In regards to Samurai Shodown, didn't SNK sell the rights to some of the fighting series to Capcom? I don't think SNK would have the rights to all those series, but supposedly they still own King of Fighter series. Also, wasn't SS5 just Samurai Shodown 64 on the Neo 64 (never seen it, but wish I could have played it)?

snkmania

n00b
Ask NGFreakies, maybe they know about this
smile.gif

MAYBE!!!!

mliu92

n00b
In regards to MS4 possibilities - I believe the developer of the original MS and possibly MS2 was Nazca - are they a wholly owned subsidiary of SNK (like SEGA's AM2) or a separate company (like Rare for Nintendo)?

------------------
Cheers - Mike

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Regardless of who Nazca is/was, I'm pretty sure that they were credited only with MS1, with SNK getting the credit for all of the other games. Whether Nazca was owned by SNK or a separate company, I wouldn't expect to see another Nazca release.

In any event, SNK owns Metal Slug, so there will not be a rogue release of MS4 on another system, unless SNK sells the rights to it. Given the intelligence level Aruze has shown in throwing away money by killing SNK outside of Japan, maybe that isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.
wink.gif