NGF KOF 2000 has been added to Price Guide

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
It's been in the Master List for awhile now, but now it has been added to the Price List as an official English release. So, at this point are we now saying that this cart is official?

Ryan

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Oh Jesus! With the new Anxious NGF Basher rank shit and the FAKE ass KOF2K cart you can see that this whole fckin forum is down or at least owned by NGF.

Ya make me sick.

------------------

bloodbar.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Ryan, there was a discussion thread about this subject earlier. Geddon_jt, who maintins the Master List, has already agreed to modify the list to note that the English KOF2K was released by NGF. Although I too have problems with including it on the list at all, I think that adding that notation is a fair compromise to the situation. I think that Geddon_jt will eventually make that change, as he said he would back when this discussion thread took place.

Everyone knows my opinion on the status of KOF2K. I don't consider it official, based upon the discrepancies in Kale's report. Those are MY own conclusions, not Kale's, and anyone else interested should definitely download the report (it is a Word document) and read it carefully.

For those who missed it, go to this page and look for the link that says "KOF2000 Report", click on the link and d/l the word doc, open it up, pop a cold beer, sit back and have a good read.
http://members.aol.com/makiselgof/neoindex.html

Its very well written, a nice analysis of the various aspects of the cart.

[This message has been edited by chimpmeister (edited January 17, 2001).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by kyoisthekof:
What exactly is the problem with it though?

All I can say is read the report. There were at least four serious discrepancies in the cart materials, including a missing gold sticker on the "U.S." cart (and a shadow where one had probably been removed), different paper used for insert and manual, color bleed errors (which show under magnification in some areas), and a cart sticker with a different non-coated material and square edges. To me, it looks like they swapped stuff out of the Jap carts to make the "English" ones. Go read it, though, and judge for yourself . . .

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by chimpmeister:
Ryan, there was a discussion thread about this subject earlier. Geddon_jt, who maintins the Master List, has already agreed to modify the list to note that the English KOF2K was released by NGF. ]

Yes, but that was for the Master List. Now the game is listed in the Price Guide as well. I though Shawn updated the Price Guide, not John.

Ryan

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well I did see what you're talking about, Ryan. But I also saw that there is a green star next to the title, which indicates that the game was released by neogeofreak. That pretty much takes care of concerns about having it in the price guide . . . since its been "marked" with the green warning star.
biggrin.gif

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Well, even NCS confirmed that there was a US version of the game, but they never said that it was from NGF. So yes, I would say that including it on the "price list" would be valid.

This whole talk about NGF and this US KOF2000 cart has gotten totally out of control! We know what they're doing in order to create one, and we all know that only a handful of people were brave enough to actually take them up on their offer. NGF is happy for making their lunch money, and the 5 or 6 lucky souls that actually have a US KOF2000 Cart are happy with their purchases. That's all... it's not going to prevent anyone else from actually deciding to get an authentic Japanese copy, seeking the elusive US version that NCS originally planned to sell, or dealing with a hacked version by NGF (I don't care if the game itself and the parts are from Japan. Because they're placing their own artwork and labels on the thing counts as a "hack" in my book).

Let's just stop all this "It's not authentic" discussions... it's REALLY become tiresome.

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi Neo Geo Fans,

I have had a bad experince with NGF before. So if the KofF2000 is legit, I do not care. I will not buy it from them, because I have my principles.

I am happy with my KofF2000JPN. Get lost NGF!!

NSX-T

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by chimpmeister:
But I also saw that there is a green star next to the title, which indicates that the game was released by neogeofreak. That pretty much takes care of concerns about having it in the price guide . . . since its been "marked" with the green warning star.
biggrin.gif

Oh ok, I didn't see the warning star before.

Ryan

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by Lord Illicious:
bloodbar.gif

Oh Jesus! With the new Anxious NGF Basher rank shit and the FAKE ass KOF2K cart you can see that this whole fckin forum is down or at least owned by NGF.

Ya make me sick.

What do you mean? Were you mad at something I said? I was just asking a question about the Price List. I seem to recall many NGF topic posts made by you.

Ryan

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I'm still a little suspicious about this whole NGF thing. Only time will tell the truth. If NGF can get carts released that weren't on MVS then I would defintely think that would prove the legitimacy of King of Fighter 2000.