Metal Slug X for PlayStation coming to US

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
Agetec, who brought over KOF Evolution for PS and DC last month will also bring over Metal Slug X for the US. Woohoo, guess I should cancel my pre-order on the import.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Really? That is a great news. How about LB 2. Are they or any US companies going to publish the title here?

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

S

Silent_Scope

Damn, so what's the reason I reserve import MSX for several months for? I thought this title will be JPN only........sigh
Agetec will bring this title over here for a reasonable price for sure.....man. I should wait a little bit more.....

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Metal slug X US !!! yeah baby

------------------
setsuna_color_winpose.gif

K

kyoisthekof

Is this game really worth having? I mean, say, is it worth having over the Neo AES version of MSX?

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi NeoGeo fans,
I have the original AES MSX, and it is worth the $300 I spent on it. MSX on other systems is OK w/ me, because I will eventually buy it too. In my opinion, MSX has to be better on the NEO GEO, because it is the original.

PSX or the PSX2? There will be a big issue, because look at MS1 for the PSX. The issue is the irritating load in the middle of the level.

NSX-T

T

TheDjinn

Too bad they don't make any more Saturn games. Metal Slug X with the 4 meg ram cart wouls have kicked ass!

S

Silent_Scope

Why Saturn? DC is much better platform to port over MSX.
Damn SNK, I can't get MSX and MS3 AES carts.......

HPMAN

UI resident
Well, just tested Metal Slug X on PSX recently, and I must say the game is really badly converted. Animation is badder than you could guess, explosions are ugly and so on...

The only positive points are the gallery and combat school...

A big disapointment
frown.gif

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
No Way! What happened, the game was looking almost perfect last May!?! Well, I hope you are just real picky
smile.gif

-Nick

PrOzErG

Il check it out and inform you after guys thanks !!

------------------
setsuna_color_winpose.gif

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
I just picked up Metal Slug X for home cart, and man is it wonderful. I don't expect the PS version to be a very faithful translation (The PS only has 2 megs of ram). I'm suprised they didn't go with the Dreamcast. SNK seems to have a good relationship with Sega.

I say if you really want a true version of MSX, and if you have the money and can find it, go for it! There's nothing like the real thing!

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
I am just curious what you guys expect from the PSX version of MSX. I remember when I got mine on cart I was amazed at the 506 megs that where in it. How does 2 megs of ram make a game that is bigger than some KOF's, AOF3, and ALL the fatal fury's? Also the third (or fourth) installment has the highest meg count for ANY game. I remember(trying to forget) the conversion of Samurai Showdown 3 to the PSX. What a piece of shit game that was. I think each character had 2 frames of animation....load .....load...you get my point. If it is HALF the game that MSX is on the cart then I will give hats off to it. I still don't know why they are WASTING their time producing PSX games anymore. Dreamcast or try and do something constructive with the PS2 besides making it a back-up DVD player......

I have the version of Last Blade 2 on the Dreamcast and it is pretty good. Looks like they ported an exact copy of the Cart version minus the cool fire effects in the fire stage and the sound isn't very good. Sounds like they ported over the sound from the cart. Over all it's a good translation, but ever since they had ported over the KOF's I was expecting more from them. I think that a port of MS3 would KICK ASS on the Dreamcast. Wonder if they will stop wasting their efforts on 2 megs of ram from the psx and work with the Dreamcast and Bring an almost Identical port over. What do you guys think?!!! .....Just my thoughts...

------------------
25052802.gif
Look me bouncy!!!

S

Silent_Scope

Originally posted by HPMAN:
Well, just tested Metal Slug X on PSX recently, and I must say the game is really badly converted. Animation is badder than you could guess, explosions are ugly and so on...

The only positive points are the gallery and combat school...

A big disapointment
frown.gif

What are you talking about? MSX isn't out yet and how can you get a copy? I think you are talking about Metal Slug not Metal Slug X on PS.......there is no way you can get the game ahead of time (schedule 1/25 in Japan)

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I agree 100% with djbomberman, MSX for the PSX is a complete waste of time. The system is so poorly equipped for a game like this, its a joke. Almost all the 2D ports of SNK games to the PSX were utter garbage, the first Metal Slug game was mediocre to poor, and I expect the MSX port to be even worse.

Agreed that they should port these games to the DC, not the PSX. Last Blade 2: Final Edition for the DC is an excellent port (yes the music and sound effects could have been better, but they do sound like the cart version music and sound which is fine with me). Metal Slug 3 for the DC would be INCREDIBLE, a GREAT idea for a conversion. Unfortunately, I don't see SNK or anyone else stepping up to make that conversion.

As for the PSX Metal Slug X game, don't get your hopes up; its likely to be a DOG, based on past experience and the weak PSX hardware. Don't waste your time on it, you'll only be angry and bitter about having wasted your money on it . . .
frown.gif

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, there are a lot of ways to get a game ahead of schedule... if it is slated for release and ship to customers on the 25th it must have been done about November of last year. Sent to manufacturing, duplicated... boxes and manuals are printed and the product is sent to distributors. If someone has a friend in the business, the final version could have been floating around for months by now... it is very possible (I am in the industry so I know it happens, and it happens a lot). Anyway, as for the comments on size... the Neo has 48MEG of RAM, yes, this is more then the PSX, but the size of a game does not determine how much ram it needs to run. And if it was optimized properly it will run fine on a PSX (or close) The PSX has 650 MEG storage mediums that will nicely hold the full game size of 506 MEG (which is bull shit to begin with). But, if you guys haven't figured out by now, this is 506 Mega bit, not Mega byte! That means that the game is Size/8 = Megs. So MSX is actually 63 MEGs (Look at your Neo Geo Rom files, ever wonder why they were so small!!!). Sorry for the ramblings, a lot of this probably does not make since, but I try
smile.gif
Later,

-Nick

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
The still shots don't look too bad. Unfortunately, from what I'm hearing here it seems I may gag when I see it in motion.

It is a fucking travesty that Metal Slug X was a no-show on the Neo-Geo CD. I'm assuming that there'll be midlevel load times again on PSX.

*retches at the memories of PSX KOF'95*

Oh, ANYTHING for a Dreamcast Metal Slug pack with all four MS titles in it. That would be even sweeter than Last Blade 2 Final Edition.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

PrOzErG

From the shots the game sucks!

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

S

Silent_Scope

I have to play it before I can make any comment. First, I don't have $$ to buy AES version of MSX right now. Second, I'll give PS a try......want to see how good/bad is it.

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
Neo Geo games are measured in Mega"bits" which means that if you want to know how big these games are in MB (Megabytes), you have to divide the number by 8. So, Metal Slug X is only 63MB of game data. Now, comparing that number to the Playstation's 2MB does not work as that 2MB is the PSX's "working" memory. All the game data is stored on the CD and loaded into RAM so that it can be processed and projected.

Just be careful in comparing the amount of data in a game and the amount of RAM a system has.

James

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Hmm, the pics don't look THAT bad. It looks decent enough to buy if you can't afford the Cart. Of course its gameplay that counts and I've never played MS for the PlayStation. Heck I dont even have a Playstation
-Shuuchan