What the hell's with all this security?

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
I've never seen more than 1 thread closed before... what are you trying to prevent under "dreamcast games going out of print" and how mouse snapped at slice when he said go into the chat room. mouse, are you trying to tell people they can't converse with each other on the forums? isn't that what the forums are all about? and why did you close "none of this is news"? what is this, topsecret government files which are under tight security? Honestly, since when has controversy been something that has been so heavily censored on neo-geo.com? and why did you close my previous post, regarding where my post went? i wanted to say "thanks man" or something. Something isn't right...

Are you going to close this one too?

------------------
31436715.jpg

W

Whip's Disciple

Don't worry, they were just moved, you'll find them.

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
IF THE MOVING AND CLOSING SHIT KEEPS GOING ON, THE ONLY THING IN NEWS AND RUMORS WILL BE POSTS LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AS TO WHY THEIR POSTS WERE FKD WITH YAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAA
TOO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE BROTH

DEVIL_GUI

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Whip, no, that's not what i'm talking about. look in the News and Rumors section. look at the little icons to left of the topic. the folders with the lock on them are closed, meaning nobody can post further replies. i'm assuming this is done for security reasons.

------------------
31436715.jpg

That usually means that they have been moved, could have been closed though as well.

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NeoGML:
Whip, no, that's not what i'm talking about. look in the News and Rumors section. look at the little icons to left of the topic. the folders with the lock on them are closed, meaning nobody can post further replies. i'm assuming this is done for security reasons.

It has been moved to the Unrelated Topics forum.

When a thread is moved, it appears in the original forum as closed, with a tiny (and i mean a very tiny) disclaimer about where it was moved ^_^

------------------
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
Tomorrow's not looking good either.

W

Whip's Disciple

Yeah but if you read the last post, it says it was moved.

I used to be a mod, I know what happens, when you move it, the threads stays in the old forum, but is closed. That way you know it has been moved.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
goddamnit, NO!!!!! That's not what i said! look at the post "Eh, where did my post go? Bobak?" see the little lock right near the folder on the left hand side of the topic name? that means that "Eh, where did my post go? Bobak?" is CLOSED, and you CANNOT POST FURTHER REPLIES UNDER IT ("Eh, where did my post go? Bobak?")

hooo... sorry about that. you just need to understand.

*spazz mode off*
biggrin.gif

------------------
31436715.jpg

W

Whip's Disciple

I KNOW THAT BUT IN ORDER TO MOVE A THREAD IT AUTOMATICALLY CLOSES!

(SamuraiX:Try unrelated man.

That's where your thread went.)

M

Magitek_X

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DEVIL_GUI:
IF THE MOVING AND CLOSING SHIT KEEPS GOING ON, THE ONLY THING IN NEWS AND RUMORS WILL BE POSTS LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AS TO WHY THEIR POSTS WERE FKD WITH YAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAA
TOO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE BROTH

DEVIL_GUI

No, mabye if posts are moved the only thing is this forum might actually be *GASP*
news and rumors. Not spam and flames.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
no. no. no. no. "Welcome Orochinagi Members!~" (the topic which "Eh, where did my post go? Bobak?" referrs to) is NOT closed. the topic, "Eh, where did my post go? Bobak?" in the News and Rumors section was NOT moved. it was simply closed. the topic "Welcome Orochinagi Members!~" is in the Unrelated Topics, on page 3. ANd it is STILL OPEN!

edit: added "ANd it is STILL OPEN!"
------------------
31436715.jpg

[This message has been edited by NeoGML (edited April 13, 2001).]

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
I just checked your thread and the dreamcast one. Both are refered as moved. Maybe you should look harder for that.

Read on the left side of the screen of the post, between the NG.com banner and the upper limit of the first post.

It say something like "This thread has been transferred to Unrelated Topics".

if you still don't want to believe.....
http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001165.html Closed thread.
http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001122.html Open thread.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ragnarok (edited April 13, 2001).]

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Oh my FUCKING LORD. Nobody understands. okay, this is going to be a fucking page long.

the topic "Welcome Orochinagi Members!~" is STILL OPEN and i know it was MOVED from News and Rumors Section to Unrelated Topics on PAGE 3. i'm am 100% aware of this, but i am NOT talking about it. I am talking about how mods keep closing topics, such as:

none of this is news

Eh, where did my post go? Bobak?

CHAT PrOzErG

dreamcast games going out of print

The history of wtf happened on april 11

You will notice that a topic is closed when the "Post a Reply" button says "THREAD CLOSED" at a 25 degree angle with the CLOSED side of the phrase tilted upward, on a white, rectangular box which is overlapping the original Post a Reply button, which would have been there, had the topic been open. You will ALSO notice that a topic is CLOSED when you go into the forum and next to the topic name (directly to the left) is a small picture of a folder, which in the lower right portion of the little folder has a lock, which looks like it could be opened with a key, had it been a real lock.

I want to know why all of those topics are closed, and why the mods are keeping such tight wraps around potential controversy. and the stranger part is that Mouse kept yelled at slice for "giving prozerg a message" when he was only asking prozerg to go into the chat room. He also said "This is not a personal message base..." What? isn't this entire message board based around conversing with each other?

If you don't understand it this time... I'm gonna cry.

------------------
31436715.jpg

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
If you don't understand it this time... I'm gonna cry.

I'm gonna cry too.... did you checked the links in my post? Both are the thread "eh? where is my post? Bobak?"

The second one is in the Unrelated forum, open and ready for replies.

We know well UBBs. Gosh, if you don't understand this time, i will use a picture ^_^

------------------

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
alright fine. i hate you now.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

you're not my friend anymore. meanie.

------------------
31436715.jpg

DEVIL_GUI

NOPE MAGITEKX.......THIS PLACE WILL BE FULL OF "WHERES MY POST, WHY WAS MY POST CLOSED ETC" THREADS........
I KNOW THE BOARD AND THE MEMBERS.......ORO WILL FALL AND DROP DEAD QUIET.......N-G PEOPLE WILL STAND UP AND SAY SOMETHING......

FACT THAT IS.....WELL THE ACTIVE POSTERS ANYWAY........THERES PROBABLY 100 NOW, 50 FROM THERE, 50 FROM HERE.......

.......YOULL SEE......
DEVIL GUI

(AND NEOGML I GOT WHAT YOU SAID FROM THE START.......THEY ARE CLOSING ALOT OF THREADS EH?......ODD)

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
yeah. they are kind of right, if you follow Rag's links. but the strangest thing is, why isn't Welcome Orochinagi Members!~ in this forum? if all the other topics have been closed and moved, there should have been a dead, closed copy of Welcome Orochinagi Members!~ here in this forum too right?

------------------
31436715.jpg

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
alright fine. i hate you now.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

you're not my friend anymore. meanie.

That means that i don't have to use the pic?
*deletes the jpg file of the PC*

Just kidding, pal.

BTW, I checked the other threads you named and most of them has been moved too
biggrin.gif

Magitek: Don't say anything about GUI caps unless you want an eternal flamewar. That's a lesson i learned soon today ^_^

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ragnarok (edited April 13, 2001).]

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
okay okay man, stop shaming me. do you want me to shine your shoes or something? aaahhh!!! help!!!

biggrin.gif

------------------
31436715.jpg

DEVIL_GUI

STOP TYPING MAGITEK_X........I DONT LIKE YOUR ARROGANT PIDDLY ITSY BITSY LETTERS MYSELF, BUT IM TOLERANT........
DONT WHISPER, ITS RUDE.......
IM TALKING A NORMAL LEVEL......YOUR WHISPERING, <H1> IS SHOUTING KIDDO.....
NOW LET MOMMY TUCK YOU IN, IM SURE THAT REALISATION WAS TO MUCH FOR YOUR SMALL BRAIN AND YOULL KEEP UP THE FRAGILE MINDEDNESS WHEN YOU RECOVER.......
DEVIL_GUI

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
okay okay man, stop shaming me. do you want me to shine your shoes or something? aaahhh!!! help!!!

Not a bad idea..... kidding!!

Nah, excuse me if you thinked i was somehow offensive. Just making fun of a fun situation. No hard feelings, ok?

------------------