NCS is offering Nightmare in the Dark MVS

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
In an effort to sustaint their Neo loyal, NCS is offering the MVS version of Nightmare in the Dark. Go check the "News" page and you will see their port. It ain't cheap at $550, butthat kind of price point is to be expected from a new MVS release.

http://www.ncsx.com/

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Cool, I'll order the MVS version from them then instead of H.A. Franz. Now if they can only sell !Arcades! convertor.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
I wonder if Nightmare in the Dark is using the encryption like all the other new MVS games. I guess this will be a great way to test out the !ARCADE! convertor and see if they changed anything.

------------------
25052802.gif
Look me bouncy!!!

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Someone was saying that NITD played like Ghouls n' Ghosts but NCS is saying it is more like Puzzle Bobble or Snow Bros. except with Halloween characters. Sounds like a waste to me.

Later,
Jeff

C

Caris Nautilus

It's not a scroller, It's like sno bros. The screen is static...

Originally posted by SoloFenris:
Someone was saying that NITD played like Ghouls n' Ghosts but NCS is saying it is more like Puzzle Bobble or Snow Bros. except with Halloween characters. Sounds like a waste to me.

Later,
Jeff

------------------

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
It's good that NCS is considering the MVS title to "Nighmare In The Dark", especially since it's been said by many people that !Arcade!'s game converter works exceptionally well.

I won't be getting the MVS... but with future MVS titles around the corner, I don't see a shortage on game titles anytime soon.

NCS should actually consider selling the converter as well... maybe !Arcade! could get them to get a bunch of them in stock.
smile.gif

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
$550 for a MVS game, WOW! I thought home carts are expensive.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Where on their site do you see this? I've wasted enough time looking that I now ask directly.

Thanks

Robi15

20 Year Member
A Snow Bros like game!! Arrghh. Must have it. Does anybody know how many MEGS the NITD game is? Any screenshots available somewhere yet?

I really like the classic Snow Bros game.

----------------
NEOBIOS.gif

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited January 19, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

I agree, I liked Snow Bros a lot too. I recommend picking up the Genesis port -its pretty accurate (the emulated version is great).

Bobak!

B

Bobak!

I agree, I liked Snow Bros a lot too. I recommend picking up the Genesis port -its pretty accurate (the emulated version is great).

Bobak!

Robi15

20 Year Member
I have the Snow Bros on the original Jamma!
That kind of game to Neo Geo would be super!
Nitd- is it going to be a limited releace on MVS?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Any home user that is thinking of buying the Nightmare in The Dark MVS from NCSX... Remember, MVS titles, unlike their home system counterparts, go down drasticly in price over a short period of time. All new Neo Geo games are around $500 for the MVS, but within three to six months hit the $180 and under mark... by a year after the release they are everywhere for under $100 (For example KOF 99 is going for about $100, Strikers 1945 Plus is $90, Ganryu is $25, Metal Slug 3 is holding strong, but is down to $225). I would like to support NCSX's decision to stock MVS titles just as much as the rest of you, but unless you have money to burn, wait... this game is not going to be a limited run. Not with all the press and the ad in Replay Mag. Apple Photo Systems thinks this game is going to be hot (another Bust-A-Move Maybe?) And it looks like they are gearing up for big distro. The price will drop quickly, so save your cash for Arcade's converter in the meantime!

-Nick