Why NGF sucks so much -- the FAQ...

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
Hey there people. Last night (well technically this morning) I came across the anti-NGF banners at http://www.fanscene.org/ (great site by the way) and I decided to put one on my site. I know my current site is not a Neo site, but I figured it would still be funny if I put it there, and if I ever revive my old Neo site, I would move it there. I decided to put an explanation of them, since not many people that go to my site will know who the hell NGF is. This gave me an idea to write up sort of an FAQ about all the bad/stupid things they've ever done. I'm not sure if this has ever been done, but I'd like to try it. I think it could be a useful document to show to people before they attempt to deal with them. Now, I myself never personally dealt with NGF, and I never plan to even if I had a gun to my head, but I know a lot of you out there unfortunately have, or you've heard horror stories about other people's dealings with them. I need you guys to post your stories here, or preferably email them to me, and I'll add them to the FAQ. This will be sort of a "living document", meaning when NGF fucks up miserably in the future, I can add to the FAQ. When they say something amazingly pompous, cocky, or stupid, that as well can be added. I'm really looking forward to trying it, but I'd need everybodies help. Let me know if you guys think this would be a good idea. Hope to hear from someone soon.

--Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
http://hivebalur.net/txk/

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by chainsawyak:
Hey there people. Last night (well technically this morning) I came across the anti-NGF banners at http://www.fanscene.org/ (great site by the way) and I decided to put one on my site. I know my current site is not a Neo site, but I figured it would still be funny if I put it there, and if I ever revive my old Neo site, I would move it there. I decided to put an explanation of them, since not many people that go to my site will know who the hell NGF is. This gave me an idea to write up sort of an FAQ about all the bad/stupid things they've ever done. I'm not sure if this has ever been done, but I'd like to try it. I think it could be a useful document to show to people before they attempt to deal with them. Now, I myself never personally dealt with NGF, and I never plan to even if I had a gun to my head, but I know a lot of you out there unfortunately have, or you've heard horror stories about other people's dealings with them. I need you guys to post your stories here, or preferably email them to me, and I'll add them to the FAQ. This will be sort of a "living document", meaning when NGF fucks up miserably in the future, I can add to the FAQ. When they say something amazingly pompous, cocky, or stupid, that as well can be added. I'm really looking forward to trying it, but I'd need everybodies help. Let me know if you guys think this would be a good idea. Hope to hear from someone soon.

--Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
http://hivebalur.net/txk/

Yes, that would be a great idea! I have never dealt with NGF, but the horror stories that I've heard defy logic!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited January 16, 2001).]

Mike

Bead Banger
I bought a neo geo one slot MV1-B from Dion.

Dion knew that this particular model one slot only plays the Irritating Maze cart which is the game with the track ball.

Dion never told me this and instead told me that the one slot can play ANY mvs cart.

He also posted several of these on ebay for sale with the "play any cart" on the item description.

When I informed Dion that this one slot isn't playing any of my games he told me to send it back to him and for $50 he would make it work.

Instead I sent it to Jeff Kurtz who for $30 fixed it for me and returned it quickly.

During the process that Jeff was fixing the one slot he needed an SOP style rom and couldn't find one. (he later fixed it with a socket instead)
So I contacted Dion about sending me the part and he said that my "warranty expired the moment I sent it to Jeff".
Funny thing! I was never told I had a warranty! I thought he wanted to charge me $50, but now I HAD a warranty?!

Later on, in the chat room on this site, he admitted to having to sending me the one slot with full knowledge that it was only capable of playing the track ball.

He also refused to give me a tracking number on the package whenever it was sent to me.

C

Caris Nautilus

Yep, That's Dion, Thats also why you NEVER deal with Dion unless you want to take the risk of being screwed, Having to wait longer than you should for your stuff, Or going thru other hell just to get what you paid for...

------------------

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
And they wonder why they get such negative feedback....

Chris Ray actually started to debate this fact with me via private e-mail, saying that everyone that says bad things are just "obsessed" with NGF and should leave them alone. I told him simply that people WOULD leave him alone if he would stop coming into areas where he's not really "welcome" in the first place.

Besides... even though I have never dealt with them, their past track record is all I need to know to stay clear away from them. And about the "flames"? Well, even if I don't put in two cents, there will be plenty more to take up the slack... lots of them actually dealing with them.

ANYHOO... that's my rant of the day. I'm off to budget in one of !Arcade!'s choice MVS converters.
smile.gif

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Has anyone ever filed mail fraud charges against these guys? They cant go around doing this shit to people and not get punished for it. Exactly how long have they been in business?

[This message has been edited by NeoTurfMasta (edited January 18, 2001).]