The King Of Puzzled Games...

Robi15

20 Year Member
What is the best Neo Geo Puzzle game in your oppinion and why? Does the size in MEG's count?

I'm looking for some new puzzlegames. I have Magical Drop III. Good one. But what about Busta a Move and Money Puzzle Exchanger and so on?....
corkysm74.gif

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, here is my take on the puzzle games on the Neo. Money Idle Exchanger is a great puzzler, but it is very similar to Magical Drop 3. Instead of the straight color matching, you now have coins. two 5s make a 10, five 10s make a 50, two 50s make a 100, five 100s make a 500, two 500s disappear. What happens is the game becomes very complex, and a lot of the frantic quality of Magical Drop 3 is gone... this comes from someone who has gotten a 43 chain reaction combo in Magical Drop... I can't do over 12 in Money Idle Exchanger! The game is good, but frankly if you want a game that is different then Magical Drop 3, you will be dissapointed with it, and Puzzle D Pon for that matter. Bust A Move (Puzzle Bobble) is a classic, but not my cup of tea. I just feel the game is more luck then skill half the time. But, if you want it, seek out part 2, it is much better all around. One of my personal favs is Panic Bomber, it is similar to tetris and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (if you remember that game). It is the standard falling tile placing game, but it can get very fast and furious at times, and it is great two player. Some of the older games are graphicly disgusting, but are pretty good. Puzzled is a great tetris hybrid which has you solving puzzles to free different items. Gan Gan is cool, and is basicly tetris in a box (the pieces are tiny people
smile.gif
but the catch is that the box is spinning, making the puzzle constantly change. For the record, the meg count does not matter, and I believe out of all the puzzle games, Magical Drop 3 is the largest... but it is really not that important. The one puzzle game I have not played (but badly want to) is Digger Man... I have heard it is a great little bolderdash game, but it is unfinished and pricey which means I probably will never check it out. Anyway I hope this helps,

-Nick

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by nruva:
Gan Gan is cool, and is basicly tetris in a box (the pieces are tiny people
smile.gif
but the catch is that the box is spinning, making the puzzle constantly change.

-Nick

Gan Gan is a fighter by ADK (known as Aggressors Of Dark Kombat in the English release). What are you talking about?

-BioMotor_Unitron

Robi15

20 Year Member
I have seen pics on digger man it looks something from like C64. Sucks bigtime.
Digger Man
dm1.jpg

I would like a puzzle game to be beautiful. So the graphics and meg count for me, i have to edmit, matters. If you look at the classic "PANG" series.

Pang
pangb001.gif

Pang 3
Pang%203%20(Euro)001.gif

They rock. I quess there s not much more after Bust a Move and Money Pyzzle Exchanger game available to neo.
I had "No Mr Do" (what Juan Escarsega stoled from me
frown.gif
)and i did not like it. Just cause the craphics where ugly.

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited January 16, 2001).]

Robi15

20 Year Member
He must have meant "Gururin"

Thanks for you'r thoughts, nruva
smile.gif

Eh, does anybody know this Neo Geo game? ZINTRICK
zin1.jpg

(Picture prought to you by http://www.daddelkingz.de

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Oushidashi Zintrik is one of those few CD-only games. Thanks for the picture, I had no idea what type of game it was.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Everyone has a different preference, but I think Money puzzle exchanger is the best ive played. MagicalDrop 2 & 3 are both great, but I like MPE better because it is harder. It takes more startegy, and thinking ahead. Where as startegy helps in Mdrops, but quick reactions can keep you afloat easily. In MPE you have to be quick & thinking at all times. Especially in 2player mode. Thats where MPE really shines. IMO, MPE is better in 2player by far than MD. In single player mode, Magical Drop is more fun. So you may want to choose between them based on wether your by yourself, or if you have someone else to play with.
Thats just my take. My GF likes them both equally, so go figure.

------------------
-nick_th_fury

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
As for what puzzles games are good to play, Panic Bomber is great. It's another Dr. Mario-type game, with blocks of 3 Bombermen that fall in "L" shapes. Plus there are two types of bombs with different effects to help clear the screen, as shown (sort of). Also has amicable music, action can get frenetic, control is super & fun factor is high. Never did 2-player mode but I bet it's crazy.
panicbomber4.jpg

Pop 'n Bounce gets top marks. It's like Alleyway, except with various power-ups, and you destroy animals/other things. Also, similar coloured ones can "join" to become larger, & if they become large enough, will give a power-up when popped. One great thing about this game is the fact that there are multiple layouts for each level. Meaning that those hippopotami & octopi below don't always appear in that formation. It seems to vary depending on score & lives remaining, though it might all be random.

popnboun3.jpg

popnboun4.jpg

You can also get a super power up, which does this: http://www.geocities.com/neobomberman/popnboun5.jpg and will lead you to bonuses like this: http://www.geocities.com/neobomberman/popnboun6.jpg

Magical Drop 2 is also worth picking up, Bust-A-Move & its sequel are so well known that I needn't explain, and I'm out of time so I'll have to leave it at that.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Thanks all. I think I'll begin with the Money Puzzle Exchanger.

Question:

Has anybody,like managed to finish the "Puzzled" or "Joy Joy Kid"?

I remember that it was so boring and hard.
With other words not worthy to buy one back.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i seem to like and enjoy joy joy kid,
and i dont expect support for this

its cute and innocuos enough

tetris without those ultra annoying russian themes to it

its probably not the best yeah
but so what

world heroes aint the best fighting game
but still some people are into it
meself included

me fave is drop 3
cos of the empress
and her whip

a pity she aint in kof 2000
shes very SM

B

Bobak!

While MDIII is a great game, I like MDII better. With the boss code, the empress kicks the @#$% out of her MDIII successor.

Bobak!