AAAHHH!! NGF Metal Slug going for over $700!

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Yeah, the game has the wrong color stripe and is missing the warning sticker on the
cartridge. Man, I guess I need to quit my job and make fake games for a living.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Em, looks like the buyer found out that this is a NGF product....

It seems that some one made contact with this buyer. Bid retracted.
saevil.gif

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Ha Ha, Can anyone translate the bid retraction? It would be funny to find out what the bidder said.

Ryan

Large

, ,
The bid retraction just says, that the seller mailed him that it is not the original Metal Slug.

Large

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
So what does that mean, it's a conversion. were the mvs roms placed on some homecart board redressed and resold..or is this one of the japanese carts they bought for $350 or so and redressed as a metal slug cart.

This is what I hate about the NGF cr@p. They never tell the buyer what they are getting and therefore the confussion. I feel bad for the buyer becuase the more then likely overpaid for this. but the description in the auction would make you believe it is a metal slug english cart. so some unspecting buyer my bid on it as such not knowing better. Reason 1,237 why I never will support NGF.

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
i emailed the high bidder with this

"im emailing you to inform you that the metal slug you are bidding on at ebay is a fake copy made by neogeofreak. Neogeofreak is very well known to sell fake arcade conversions and this is one of them. If you were to compare this cart to a real one... the insert and the cart have the wrong color stripes on them. I would suggest that you retract your bid asap knowing that this game is fake
for more info on the stuff that neogeofreak does. visit the forums at this site www.neo-geo

dont u guys think it would really suck if u didnt know anything about ngf and you bid on this game and gave 700 dollars away for a fake game?!?!?
This realy pisses me off about ngf

S

Silent_Scope

That's really sad.
Maybe that person loves to collect fake carts....

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
the seller labrego has taken recent actions to inform all future biders that the cart is converted from MVS

------------------
setsuna_color_winpose.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by rstreck:
Ha Ha, Can anyone translate the bid retraction? It would be funny to find out what the bidder said.

Ryan

The seller said this:
email of the provider got that it here not around an original concerns oneself

Well.. basically by reading this, he retracted his bid because the cart wasn't authentic (in his case, 'original') LOL I guess Dion couldn't take this one down! lol

biggrin.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited January 16, 2001).]