What typa Neo gamer is you?

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

A) Are you a Neo collector that is out to own every single Neo cart so you can display it as it was fine china but actually dont play thoes games?

B)Are you the type of gamer that buys/collects Neo carts to have 5 of every cart and continue to use Neo as a source of income?

C)Do you Collect Neo carts to own as your personal collection of games that you feel you need to have cuz the growing rareness and uncommon avalability of the carts?

D)Are you the typa of Neo gamer that buys or collects many Neo carts to own cuz they are soo cool to have, actually play and talk about?

E)If you are a Neo buyer or collector, Does it matter to you the authenticity of a Neo cart(meaning do you care if the cart is a great looking fake like a Jap AES converted to US AES cart)?

SNK DEVIL) Are you the type of Neo gamer that "only buys" and doesnt giva shit about collecting Neo carts cuz in that greater way is a true Neo gamer that actually plays thoes cool Neo games, is a dedicated Neo gamer with honor, isnt afraid of opening a new Neo cart and denting the manual, is willing to buy a second same cart for the love of neo, cares to see other Neo fans free of phony fake rips and cons, is ready to war/expose against any corrupt or unneccessary cart tampering/modifications that are out for a profit?

You can answer these anyway you wish.

------------------

bloodbar.gif

S

Silent_Scope

I don't collect Neo AES carts. And I don't collect every Neo cart. I don't collect Neo AES carts so I can display it as it was fine china and actually don't play thoes games. I buy those games I like.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Playing the games I purchase is more important to me than collecting them. I don't care if the game is missing the insert or spine card; I buy it for the sole reason to expereince it!

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I guess I'd fit in to the(although I do not consider my self one) SNK DEVIL area. The only neo platform that I own is a NGPC, but I treat my games the way I collect my transfomers: sure they might be worth something now or in ten years, but what's the use if you don't take the time to enjoy them? I always rip them(TFs and VG) out of the packages as qucikly as humanly possible. Sure the box may be dented, or the cart might get a scratch or rip on the sticker, but oh well! It's not worth the money or effort if it just passes from your hands to the next person's in ten seconds, or if it sits on a shelf collecting dust. That would be a waste of good neo.

------------------
How does it feel to be well done?...but I bet you taste terrible
winpose.gif

Robert

20 Year Member
I'm a neo collector but I don't want to possess all the version of one cart(european,us and japanese).I take care of the box of the cart(I try to collect only mint versions).But playing is the most important thing and I will not pay for a mahjong game.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I try to keep them in perfect condition, not to keep resale value high, but to ensure long life and playability. Got to be authentic. If I can only get a bare cart, I will go with a fan-created stylised insert, and not some BS NGF basement-made fake insert. No fakes for me, and I do my best to make sure no one else gets suckered either.

I tried to make a little extra $$$ on such items as Faselei for the pocket, by buying several and intending to hang on to them until their resale went up, but instead, I have been doling them out to fellow gamers at my own cost, because I prefer the idea of someone like that having it.

If I am not going to play the game, I see no point in having a copy (or multiple copies).

-SNK_DevilMotor_Unitron

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I agree with you on the mahjong games. I do own a lot of neo stuff but can't see buying those quiz and mahjong games because they will never get played. I actually want to play the games I buy.

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
LOL!!

It's a funny topic... When i buy a new Neo Cart, it's to play it till dead! Is there anybody stupid enough to buy a cart and watch its price growing up???(except NGF boy's band)

I like to think that every KOF2K buyer is playing it a lot, cuz it's a great game, and cuz Neo Geo is a game plateform, not stocks or shares...

See ya, and have a great KOF2K :o)

[This message has been edited by Vince2K (edited January 15, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Vince2K (edited January 15, 2001).]

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I have about 14 home carts that I keep as purty' as I can. Also, I have about 35 MVS carts that I also take extreme good care of. However, I also play my games. Pretty much everyday, at least a little. My cabinet gets the most time, just 'cuz it's easy (don't have to use the main TV) and my favorites are already plugged in.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

K

kyoisthekof

I collect the carts that I think myself and my friends will enjoy playing!

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I only buy good games. I am collecting all KOF series, but I like all of them. I will never end up collecting all the Neo Geo stuff, even if I am a milionaire. To me, it's weird to have games that you hardly play--so I get rid of them on ebay. And, I usually don't sell my Neo Geo stuff, unless I hate that particular game, rarely play them, or have the cheper MVS cart (I sold my LB homecart, just a while ago, quite after I got MVS version--and I don't know why. My LB's graphic is really screwy :.(

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

spaceman

n00b
I buy neo AES and MVS to play and enjoy them,i don't collect so they can sit on a shelf and collect dust without ever being enjoyed.I just can't understand that mentality.Nor can I fathom people who collect certain carts just for financial investments/speculations that one day they will own a really rare and expensive game.
I can appreciate fans who collect us,jap and euro versions of particular games.
Are there really people out there who buy several copies of one game,ie horders.I'am trying to obtain MOTW and it's reallly anoying knowing that there are people who own more than 2 copies of this game,this is just plain greed.Give the rest of us ago.
What do you think?

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
First of all, I love SNK for their artistic integrity. Second, SNK simply makes some of the best games ever, with a great amount of care put into every aspect of each game. I buy and play the games I want (Over and over again!). I have always prefered Mint, Japanese games for their art, and I just like being picky about the condition of my games! There is nothing like a fresh, tasty cart!

I don't buy my games to disply, I buy them to play. It's a shame that someone would just put a cart of a great game like Metal Slug 3 on the shelf and never play it!

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

B

Bobak!

I'm a SNK Devil at heart with a mix of c & d. I want to collect all the games, but that's because I love playing them. The games I play regularly naturally whittle down to a smaller number than my total, but I do touch and play all of the games I buy (even the ones I can't read -like majhong).

But damn it, I'm also my own world unto myself...I'm Bobak! :P

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I lean more toward the SNK DEVIL persuasion. I buy the games to play them. If I don't like a game, I pass on it- or if I already bought it, I sell it, hoping that someone else may like it.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

I buy MVS games because the AES prices are a ripoff. I buy games to play them and not to look at them, so I only get a few selected. I`m not keen on fighters either so I have 2/3 fighters and thats enough. That makes me lucky as that means there arent much games to buy! I just bought a home system for cheap and I`m getting the adaptor and selling my Super Gun so I can play the MVS carts without having a shitload of wires being an eyesore. Although I prefer when games come in box with original marquee I do not give a damn as long as the cart works. If I want a game badly and it is difficult to find like Super Dodgeball I`ll get somebody to burn a copy of it for me as long as its cheaper of course.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Originally posted by spaceman:
I buy neo AES and MVS to play and enjoy them,i don't collect so they can sit on a shelf and collect dust without ever being enjoyed.I just can't understand that mentality.Nor can I fathom people who collect certain carts just for financial investments/speculations that one day they will own a really rare and expensive game.
I can appreciate fans who collect us,jap and euro versions of particular games.
Are there really people out there who buy several copies of one game,ie horders.I'am trying to obtain MOTW and it's reallly anoying knowing that there are people who own more than 2 copies of this game,this is just plain greed.Give the rest of us ago.
What do you think?

Dude, I am not trying to offend you or anything, but isn't what you are doing now--you got extra KOF 2000 as a trade bait--kind of same?

As for me, I don't condone that kind of practice at all. Ok, so I may not be 100% happy that some people just stock certain stuff. But it's their money. They should be able to do what they want with it. None of my business.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited January 17, 2001).]

D

DigiPunk

First off, I gotta say that the concept of SNK Devils is the bomb shit. You should start you own group or clan on the internet or some thin' like that.

I have to say I agree with the SNK devils more than I'd like to admit. Although I'd have to admit I'm a little bit of C) and D). The rarity factor draws me in, but not too much. I do buy and play all my Neo games regularly, and talk about them here and with friends (2 of which I got started on the Neo).

I don't make SNK Devil status cuz I wouldn't buy a 2nd game just for the love of Neo.
As far as exposing all frauds and fakes goes, I'm in agreement with that except for Super Dodge Ball. I'd get that game by any means except stealing and killing to be able to play it on cart, converted or not.

It's okay for a cart box or manual to have a ding or scratch, no big-ass whup. Hell, even if it doesn't have EITHER box or manual I don't care on some games.

Okay, some of that was a little overboard, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi Neo Geo fans,
A)I am a Neo Geo collector.
B)No. I collect Neo Geo for fun, because video games is my hobby
C)Yes. I collect them according to their rareness..
D)No/yes. I just collect everything, and only play with a few games.
E)Yes/No. If it is fake, I am only paying for what it is worth. For ex., a converted MS1 is worth $250 vs. a real MS1 $700.
SNK DEVIL) I care about the game's cosmetics, but I am more concern with having the game.

NSX-T

[This message has been edited by NSX-T (edited January 17, 2001).]