MVS & Flash roms question

KainDC

New Challenger
Hi, I just have one question about MVS cart with Flash roms. I have some MVS cart, some with serial number on the label and some have it on the side of the cart (silver SNK seal with serial number.) Now, Does SNK the its self use Flash rom on their MVS games? Because even with the above serial on label or Seal by the side of the cart, that some cart still have Flash rom in them. so what's the deal here? So does this mean not all MVS cart with flash rom in them are bootleg or pirate/HK version?

Need some info on this. Thanks.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
SNK does not use Flash ROMs at all in their carts. These are probably just really good fakes. It is a big business in Hong Kong and Korea to make realistic looking items that are cheap. A friend of mine just bought a Samba De Amigo set from Korea that had two pairs of Maracas, a copied version of the CD and the mat. All looked 100% authentic, of course none were made by Sega. The thing cost $30, that would have been $180 or more in the states. The thing is, the Neo Carts have been shown to degrade over time, if they had used a different medium to store the games on, we probably would not even care at this point
smile.gif
Yes, those carts are boots... and I know the feeling, I have some myself.

-Nick