!Arcade!'s Phantom-1 Converter

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I've had this thing for a while now and I must honestly say that I am impressed with the quality and the fact that it's worked with all the games I've tried, from Baseball Stars, right up to Prehistoric Isle 2, Ganryu, and Strikers 1945! I don't have Garou, Kof99, or Kos2K MVS carts to test, but other do and have attested to their compatibility.

I'm recommending to EVERYONE that wants unreleased game on their home system to get this converter! The only reason you would want to get a cart converted now is to have a nice box, insert, sticker, or whatever other reason. If you just want to play the games, do yourself a favor and buy the converter! Look at it this way. If you want a Strikers, Ganryu, or PI2 home cart, you're going to spend over $400 to do so. You might as well buy the converter.

On a side note, there is an issue with newer boards from when SNK redesigned the system boards. They removed the audio lines from the cart port. It's a no-brainer for people that can use a soldering iron to add the lines themselves if they want to use the on-board audio jacks.

Again, I highly recommend this converter, so get one!

Jeff

spaceman

n00b
Hi JM,
I'am considering bidding for one of these converters.Could you set me straight and put a few of my fears to rest?
How would you rate it's build quality?
Can you forsee any faults occuring regarding it's design?
How would you rate Arcade's service,ie email correspondance and speed of shipment of the goods after payment?(how long did it take to arrive after payment and end of auction?).Good customer service?I'am a bit dubious of their not insignificant negative feedback.
Any info greatly appreciated
cheers spaceman

LastResort

King's Dry Cleaner
Spaceman

I live in Belgium and the shipping was extremely fast. Took only 2 days to get here.
!Arcade! uses FedEx to ship them. Would take about the same ammount of time to ship it to the UK.

The convertor itself looks very solid build.

LastResort

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by JMKurtz:
I've had this thing for a while now and I must honestly say that I am impressed with the quality and the fact that it's worked with all the games I've tried, from Baseball Stars, right up to Prehistoric Isle 2, Ganryu, and Strikers 1945! I don't have Garou, Kof99, or Kos2K MVS carts to test, but other do and have attested to their compatibility.

I'm recommending to EVERYONE that wants unreleased game on their home system to get this converter! The only reason you would want to get a cart converted now is to have a nice box, insert, sticker, or whatever other reason. If you just want to play the games, do yourself a favor and buy the converter! Look at it this way. If you want a Strikers, Ganryu, or PI2 home cart, you're going to spend over $400 to do so. You might as well buy the converter.

On a side note, there is an issue with newer boards from when SNK redesigned the system boards. They removed the audio lines from the cart port. It's a no-brainer for people that can use a soldering iron to add the lines themselves if they want to use the on-board audio jacks.

Again, I highly recommend this converter, so get one!

Jeff

Jeff,

Is there anyway you can test if this converter do any damage to the system in the long run?

William