Samurai Showdown 5 is for real and guess what it will be like???

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
An Rpg! Serious! My super gameing dude friend told me that it was confermed by Aruze of japan. I think that the only way that the game can be super sweet is if they put actual fighting in the RPG when you do the battles..
Watcha guys think?

"farts turn purple in the spring time"
quote from myself....

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Really? For which game platform is it developed for?

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Moria/the one:
An Rpg! Serious! My super gameing dude friend told me that it was confermed by Aruze of japan. I think that the only way that the game can be super sweet is if they put actual fighting in the RPG when you do the battles..
Watcha guys think?

"farts turn purple in the spring time"
quote from myself....

LOL you guy's belive this ?!
Oh yeah there is a SS RPG already it's on CD and it suck's......

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif

"Dont play with Fire !!"

[This message has been edited by PrOzErG (edited April 13, 2001).]

G

Gojira

Well this is news and rumors, but I was hoping for a more reliable source than "super gameing dude friend".

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gojira:
Well this is news and rumors, but I was hoping for a more reliable source than "super gameing dude friend".

Hey Gojira man "the SUPER MAN FRIEND OR SOMETHING.... guy is lying"

------------------
kofKAnimated2.gif

"Dont play with Fire !!"

[This message has been edited by PrOzErG (edited April 13, 2001).]

There have been rumers of Samurai Showdown 5 for quite some time. It probably has been mapped out as far as characters and story line but it probably never got into the actual production phase. Who knows if it will ever be finished and released, knowing Azure they will just convert it to a Pachinko machine.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samuraiX:
There have been rumers of Samurai Showdown 5 for quite some time. It probably has been mapped out as far as characters and story line but it probably never got into the actual production phase. Who knows if it will ever be finished and released, knowing Azure they will just convert it to a Pachinko machine.

Ummm, didn't they already? What was that new Samurai Spirits adventure game for the PC someone posted to this section a while ago?

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Isn't that technically called Samuari Showdown RPG 2? not SS5?

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sonic1687:
isnt it shOdown not shOWdown?

Well, technically it's "Spirits" not "Showdown" or "Shodown". I wonder who sat down and decided to call it Shodown in the U.S., and I wonder what the significance of the missing 'w' is... It can't be to sound cool, because it sounds the same either way... That's something I've always wondered. Does "sho" mean something in Japanese? That would make too much sense for an American renaming though....

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
To settle the Samauri Sho(w)down thing, it was:

Samuari Shodown
Samuari Shodown 2
Samuari Showdown 3
Samuari Showdown 4

I have all 4 original SNK carts sitting in front of me as I write this... So they are both correct!

-Nick

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chainsawyak:
Well, technically it's "Spirits" not "Showdown" or "Shodown". I wonder who sat down and decided to call it Shodown in the U.S., and I wonder what the significance of the missing 'w' is... It can't be to sound cool, because it sounds the same either way... That's something I've always wondered. Does "sho" mean something in Japanese? That would make too much sense for an American renaming though....

Knowing SNK, it was going to be Samurai Hodown, and someone figured out that was bad, so they changed it to Shodown, SNKglish.....

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chainsawyak:

The reason for the change of the name from "Spirits" is merely typical game "hardening" for the American market. It happens very often to game titles, the USA is a more violent society and violence appeals to us. Which sounds more violent, a "Spirits" or a "Shodown"? Since I'm into drifting cars, I'm really familiar with Japanese car crew names, too. Often they signify grace (animals, nature, dancers), innocence, and sometimes royalty. But in the USA car crews for Japanese cars almost infallably have names that suggest pure superiorty, dominance, outlaws, and even violence. The fact is, Japan is a more innocent society. But I love my country -- God bless the USA!

As far as the missing "W", it was probably a typo or it was left out originally to make "Spirits" and "Shodown" have the same number of letters (also same a "Samurai").

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
The "already" was meant to refer to the pachinko game, but anyone still have the link to that site with the adv. game, or opinions from someone who has played it?

[This message has been edited by Neo Bomber Man (edited April 13, 2001).]

I still think that SS 5 will be a "x years later" game , like MOTW that is.
Picture it:
Ukyo is dead , and he has a son..
and so on

------------------
LOOK MOMMY!
I AM STILL A SUPERSTAR!!!

D

DigiPunk

I can't believe you guys don't know why they used "shodown" instead of "showdown".. Think about it silly

Shogun.

There you go.

------------------

Respect your Elders - Play 2D.

PSO- Look for me as Flank, Primpcess, or Rolf on Ship:Titania Room:Neo Geo World