Is NGF bad? Post worst complaints or best compliments

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Hi, this is my first post to this board. I just want to know is NGF bad? I've noticed a lot of people giving them a hard time and dissing them on this board. I was getting ready to spend $600 to get the US version of KOF2000 and now that people are accusing it of being a fake. I don't know what to do.

But regardless of the outcome on NGF, all I gotta say is at least someone is trying to bring out new Neo Geo games in English to the U.S. (Even if they are real or fake). I mean come on guys, it's not like SNK gives a damn about us anymore!

------------------
Check out my new site Game Collector at http://gamecollector.filetap.com

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
why is NGF bad
do you know what you
just said man?
your going to pay
NGF 600 dollars on
a game that is
valued at 300-350
for the japanese
version which by
the way plays in
english if you have
an US neo geo
take a look at it
NGF wants you to
pay an extravagant
amount of money
on a
cart that they
probably switched
out the japanese docs
with their own
does that justify
charging you 300+ dollars
so you can have
a now violated cart
which even you admit
you have doubts about
thats just from
what your saying
?
your call man

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Actually I didn't have any doubts until I read this forum, I mean come on if a bunch of people accuse something being fake wouldn't you try to evaluate the situation? As far as paying the extra dough for the cart I can understand if what they say about the high cost of the low 100 print run. They said if they made a 1000 copies it would be the same exact cost as the Jap version.

Now no one is making anybody buy the US NGF version for $600. NGF even sells the Jap version for $269 the best price I've seen yet. But as a game collector I prefer english versions way over the japanese versions, I can read english and I can't read japanese.

------------------
Check out my new site Game Collector at http://gamecollector.filetap.com

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SNK not giving a "damn" unaceptable, snk does give a damn and a big one at that... buy the japanese version you will never have to question its legitamacy and when this US homecart kof2k crap blows over then you'll regret not buying the japanese version,on a personal view i bought the jap kof2k and i think its beautiful. Also snk i look at as a purely fan based company there mvs format is unstoppable and they have served us for 10!
years, the games may be expensive but NEVER did i once feel ripped off. sighning off

-LWK-

------------------
Who comes next to be my
goat

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SNK not giving a "damn" unaceptable, snk does give a damn and a big one at that... buy the japanese version you will never have to question its legitamacy and when this US homecart kof2k crap blows over then you'll regret not buying the japanese version,on a personal view i bought the jap kof2k and i think its beautiful. Also snk i look at as a purely fan based company there mvs format is unstoppable and they have served us for 10!
years, the games may be expensive but NEVER did i once feel ripped off. sighning off

-LWK-

------------------
Who comes next to be my
goat

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hello my name is Michael. I don,t normally post here but now I have to. Frank (Moria/the
one) is my fellow neo fanatic and good friend. The whole thing with NGF (Nut Guzzling
Fuckers) envoled me also. For the first few months of dealing with NGF Frank and I were
splitting the cost of the carts. Now I am going to tell you the real deal. NGF is full of crap.
Dion says you were happy before so what is wrong now. Listen Dion peer pressure has
nothing to do with getting fucked in the ass by NGF. RB2 was not in good/mint condition
when we got it. I don't know what you think but first of all if the insert is made by you it is
not mint. Second of all you claim you sent us the game upfront but the situation is more
complicated. We sent NGF $400 for LB2, two months later you talked to us and said that
you could send us RB2 for $250. Yes you said you would send it first and expect our money.
I am not the smartest guy in the world but if we didn't send the money, you had our $400.
Regardless if it was for another game or not if we don't pay then you don't have to send
the other game. You were being sooooo selfless. Thank you ohh great one Dion. Then when
we got it (RB2) the sticker was coming off of the cart and it was scracthed up. To be
honest we were very happy, two neo newbies getting a cart sure. Right away we notice
the insert was wrong you told us that that was normal. Normal for you nut guzzling fuckers
but not for a mint SNK cart. We later ignorantly sent you more $ for the ghostly MS3. You
said your on the list you will get one for sure. Some time after the release date you
convinced us to get some other carts for the money we sent you. Never again did we hear
about or get Metal Slug 3. We didn't feel it was a good trade off the games were only
average. Some how we still decided to get the new AES from you. Only after your promises
of greatness and attemps to make us cream our shorts about the sorry excuse for an AES
we got. Ok seriously what in the FUCK makes you think that we made the stuff about the
screws? NGF tries to pass it off as being petty but who wants to give Frank three of the
screws from their AES? Right, no one does because it is bullshit to have them missing.
Exspecially when you pay 500$ Plus you sighned the damn bottom! Please Dion tell me why
you feel it is needed for you to put you name on the bottom of things. There is no
weaseling out of that ask Shawn about his DOA cart so graciously signed by dion also. Will
you so be a good NGF and fix the the problem like you did with shawns DOA cart? Do you
think that the stuff we pay for is your preschool toy. Really Dion who the FUCK wants your
ugly ass signiture on their nice SNK merchandise.
NGF also looks bad with all of the bullshit responses. Often don't answer the problems and
suck their own dicks at the same time. If you could answer a problem without having your
dicks in your mouths then maybe neofans would have respect for you. We were never
informed we would get NGF inserts in our games I think that is bullshit. So if you would
please send us a new nonretarded nonDionized AES case with three screws, the real inserts
for NAM 1975, Sengoku, and RB2(and RB2 sticker) that would say something. I won't talk
crap about NGF again if you do the HONEST thing and fix the errors NGF has caused. We
would gladly send you the Dionized case, the NGF inserts and sticker. Maybe then you can
sell them to someone without hiding the truth. To all the other neo fanatics I apologize for
my rant. Wouldn't you guys want to know if you had an official insert, or a unofficial fake.
Would you guys be mad and want another AES case if DION sighnd on the bottom? I believe
we should keep our love for neogeo and collecting as bullshit free as possible. If you hear
from me another time my name will be Sogetsu-THE ONE.

I expect a responce that is BULLSHIT FREE! (Of course the first responce was bull shit! Toatally sounded like dions cocky ngf ass. Then, I finnally wrote Chris a email. He told me that he wants to help me with the problems that I had with the crap that they sent.. I think that they should put chris in the lead if they want any customers at ngf. But I am still working out what must be done to make me happy again. Which it will be very hard to do....)

C

Caris Nautilus

wow thats the wierdest looking post ive ever seen

------------------

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited January 12, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited January 12, 2001).]

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi Neo Geo fans,
I say THUMBS DOWN for NGF!
I wanted to but some games according to their AES prices. The JPN were 2-3X cheaper than their US counterparts, so I wanted JPN. I wrote to DION and asked for two JPN games totaling $200. DION said, "we are all out of those games, but I can send you the US versions ASAP." The Us versions totaled $650. Now you know where DION stands; not with the NEO GEO community, but for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. For example, KofF2000. (My JPN costs me $300) I will not buy games from the rip-off, piece of shit.....@#$%@$!#$!!!!!!

NSX-T

[This message has been edited by NSX-T (edited January 12, 2001).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
See, this is the kind of problem that continually haunts NGF. Their past ripoffs come back to them, over and over. And you'd think that a company wanting to reverse its bad reputation would take great efforts to fix their past problems. But Dion just laughs and ignores Moria and his friend . . . doesn't give a sh*t about them.

And people like Geddon, Force, and Billy Pitt (who is too afraid to even post here, why is that I wonder?) get up here and trumpet great things about NGF, and wonder why people won't do business with them? Here is one of your answers, there are many others, but why would you guys promote NGF when they have ridiculous past behavior like this? And when the won't do anything to correct this kind of past problem?

The only reason I can think of is that you just don't care about anyone else, as long as you get what YOU want, everything is fine. Which really doesn't reflect well on you guys, as far as the community goes. What a shame.
frown.gif

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I have had several good transactions with NGF with official cart purchases. I have never bought a coverted cart, so I don't know how that works out... Bottom line is, if I wanted to pay NGF's prices for stuff, and I would go back and deal with them again.

Chimp: I have a question for you. Why should I care about "the community"? At first it was cool because it was a bunch of guys sharing info and helping each other out, but now it has resorted to a mob who does nothing but piss and moan about what NGF does, like they were even that significant to worry about up until a month ago anyways. And when they finally do something worthwhile, you do everything in your power to discredit them.

When I was actually into neo (I sold all of my stuff and now I just hang out to watch you guys bicker---it's quite funny) I was in it for the games. Not to care about "the community". In all honesty Chimp, why should I care what you, or Shawn, or geddon, or anyone else thinks of me? Or why you would care what I think of the community. Would that keep me or you from enjoying the games any less?

And about recommending NGF as a good place to buy...

I have many times recommended NGF by passing along my experience. However, I also always say that some people have had bad experiences, so it's their call. I just never said anything in my recommendations here because for every good post about NGF there is 3000 negetive posts, so why bother with the negetive stuff in my posts when there is enough of that already here?

In the end, it's about the games, not about who can come with the biggest flame to shut the other guy up.

Matt

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by Force:
Chimp: I have a question for you. Why should I care about "the community"? At first it was cool because it was a bunch of guys sharing info and helping each other out, but now it has resorted to a mob who does nothing but piss and moan about what NGF does, like they were even that significant to worry about up until a month ago anyways. And when they finally do something worthwhile, you do everything in your power to discredit them.

Why should you care about the "community"? If you have to ask that, then obviously it proves my point that you only care about yourself. Thanks for confirming that point, Force.

Originally posted by Force:
When I was actually into neo (I sold all of my stuff and now I just hang out to watch you guys bicker---it's quite funny) I was in it for the games. Not to care about "the community". In all honesty Chimp, why should I care what you, or Shawn, or geddon, or anyone else thinks of me? Or why you would care what I think of the community. Would that keep me or you from enjoying the games any less?

Its not that you should care what we think ABOUT YOU, its that you should care what HAPPENS to OTHER PEOPLE who are PART OF THIS HOBBY. Moria The One is a good example, he and his friend were new to the Neo and got ripped off multiple times by Dion & Co., and thats just plain pathetic. If you had any sense of integrity, you would have some empathy for them and not want to see that happen to other people. I have integrity in the sense that, I've sold several items to neo-geo.com forum members (in particular, two brand new U.S. Neo CD systems), and I wanted to be absolutely certain that they were happy with what they got. They were, both people emailed me that the transactions and communication were excellent, and I felt good about them.

And the bottom line in all of this is that NGF has pulled this kind of crap for so many years, that there's no REASON to trust them anymore, period. The ripoffs, the attitude, the lies about authentic carts (with fake worthless "NGF" inserts), the "private" auctions to prevent newbies or ignorant people from learning the truth, it all has built up over the years to the point that their rep is shot, and no one wants to deal with them anymore. It's done, its over, no point in trying to reverse the trend . . . if NGF had taken a different approach starting years ago, it might be otherwise, but they didn't, and thats about all there is left to say.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
They say people that don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. Looks like NGF isn't very bright since alotof the same things keep coming up over and over and over....again. I think that NGF wants us to talk about them so they can get their ego pumped every time. Why not just ignore their posts and just pretend they weren't even there? Don't give them the pleasure of seeing themselves talked about so much?

------------------
--Long Live Bomberman!!!--
25012962.gif

S

Silent_Scope

chimpmeister:
We always see some selfish dumb asses so just ignore them if they don't care about "community".