dreamcast games going out of print

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
i know this fourm is only suppssosed have snk games on it but i just got a dreamcast and all the good fighting games are going out of print but my question is if i do not pre order garou on dc or is last blade final edition already out of print like capcon vs. snk is already out of print is thier a resonable explation for this i do not like to buy used cd games alot of the time their are fubar games and do not play?

HAOHMARU

New Challenger
Yeah, I have been looking for a new copy of Soul Calibur since forever. I finally found Capcom vs SNK a couple of weeks ago after searching many stores to find it.

I think the best bet would be to order from an on-line store, like www.express.com or www.amazon.com. Either that or try ebay and only buy from people with really high feedback if you are worried. I have bought about 10 games off ebay and haven't had one problem yet...not to say that there isn't a chance for one.

------------------
"The secret is simply to simplify." - Bruce Lee

www.shodown.net

It seems that the Capcom games are the ones that are going out of print as far as Dreamcast games go. There is demand but stock has been sucked up and very few copies are left circulating.

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HAOHMARU:
Yeah, I have been looking for a new copy of Soul Calibur since forever. I finally found Capcom vs SNK a couple of weeks ago after searching many stores to find it.

Bro, go check music stores that sell games. A lot of them still have really old games. I found Soul Calibur at a music store. I don't remember which one though.

Jeff

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SoloFenris:
Bro, go check music stores that sell games. A lot of them still have really old games. I found Soul Calibur at a music store. I don't remember which one though.

Jeff

Good call. Also try K-Mart ... things don't move very well in K-Marts, sadly.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by $hockwave:
i know this fourm is only suppssosed have snk games on it but i just got a dreamcast and all the good fighting games are going out of print but my question is if i do not pre order garou on dc or is last blade final edition already out of print like capcon vs. snk is already out of print is thier a resonable explation for this i do not like to buy used cd games alot of the time their are fubar games and do not play?

I know that Project Justice, the next game in the Rival Schools series, is scheduled to be released April 27 or 29 (I can't remember which).

--Riot--

neoluva2001

Quiz Detective
I dont know about your kmarts but my kmarts dont carry dreamcast.So you may as well check your local gas station jerky.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
All I can say is preorder, I Preordered Project Justice, Mars matrix and Gigawing 2 from there site, also ordered a lot of the other software from capcom and they are pretty cheap also. Plus the company gets more money that way. It is not like you are saving a whole lot from getting it from a store or off the web instead.

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited April 13, 2001).]

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm more worried about Guilty Gear X, If it isn't brought over Im afraid it'll go out of print in Japan, right when I try to get it.

Robert

20 Year Member
We know the same problem in France.It's very hard to find games and when we find them they are always the same.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by neoluva2001:
I dont know about your kmarts but my kmarts dont carry dreamcast.So you may as well check your local gas station jerky.

K-Mart did carry DC, they stopped because they didnt pay Sega the bill for the merchandise Sega was sending them. KMarts still have old DC software though,tucked away in corners of the electronics dept that noone can see.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by outsider:
K-Mart did carry DC, they stopped because they didnt pay Sega the bill for the merchandise Sega was sending them. KMarts still have old DC software though,tucked away in corners of the electronics dept that noone can see.

You do not know how right you are. The KMart here in Fairbanks has the PS2 and DC games thrown together in one display case, but you would not even know the DC games were there because they are dumped in the bottom of the case with all the PS2 games dumped on top of them.

Of course, these are the same people that could not find their key to open the N64 case when I was trying to double-check the price of a game for Silent_Scope.

Dance, Karnov, DANCE!
karn_karnovstand.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!"

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited April 13, 2001).]

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black_Hayato:
I'm more worried about Guilty Gear X, If it isn't brought over Im afraid it'll go out of print in Japan, right when I try to get it.

All I have seen for sale of the import is the LE version of Guilty Gear X. Have they even made an unlimited edition yet?

Dance, Karnov, DANCE!
karn_karnovstand.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!"