Playmore takes legal actions against bootleg...

Panzer K

n00b
It looks like Playmore is upset with all the mess the bootleg copies have made to Mexico, one of the most important consumer of Neo Geo games, on a mexican newspaper called "la prensa", the one were most of game distributors publish game prices an announce was made about taking legal actions against all those who sell, buy, use or distribute bootleg copies of KOF 2002.

I´m not sure if actions like this would work since Mexico is 2nd consumer of piracy at global level,and it has almost 100000 or more Neo Geo system on the country or more, you can see that by checking that at every corner you will find arcade machines and all are Neo MVS systems.

Can Playmore actions hurt bootleg market?
The Neo can be saved from this plague?

stay tuned for more news :p

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/panzer_k2002" target="_blank">Newspaper announce</a>

Mercedes

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks for the information. I would really like to see Playmore take legal action against bootlegging. Hope floats.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Mexico is 2nd consumer of piracy at global level,and it has almost 100000 or more Neo Geo system on the country or more, you can see that by checking that at every corner you will find arcade machines and all are Neo MVS systems.

Really,so that's where they're all at huh.

BJMFH

Morden's Lackey
So I guess I'll be moving to Mexico. ;)

Now if only playmore could do something about a certain duo...

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Go GO GO playmore!!
A good news... even if the best news would have been to know there aren't any kind of piracy at all...

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Interesting.

If they are successful in Mexico they may take action elsewhere, which would be a good thing.

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
hmmm...thanks for the info...I'm glad that they are taking legal actions against the sale of bootleg copies of games :D ...

T

Takuma79

thats great, cause if the keep kicking asses and taking names maybe "you know who" will find his ass and freaked carts out of business :)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I can't wait until they take legal action

here in the states, specially in Las Vegas.

Parallax Abstraction

King's Dry Cleaner
Playmore's certainly going to have an uphill battle combatting piracy in Mexico, but they must think they have a shot of at least partial success if they're going ahead with it. They're legal department is gonna' be working overtime for a while I think. :) I really hope they succeed and start cracking down on pirates in other places, not just the United States. Asia has a very big bootleg market and as that's where a lot of Playmore's arcade market share is, they'll realy have to work on it there too. Good for them for sticking it to the pirates though!

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I always wonder though, when they or any company takes action for stuff like this I know that they close down the company or person who is making bootlegs, but do Playmore let's say get any money or what happens? When it comes down to this kind of thing I don't really understand.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
This is great news!!! Lets hope they win and keep it up!

GAMEFAN

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Great news. Vegas next, perhaps? *** could be skating on thin ice.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Unfortunatly it wont work... I think its just about as dead end as our chance of trying to wipe out all terrists.

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Originally posted by Tehcno:
<strong>Unfortunatly it wont work... I think its just about as dead end as our chance of trying to wipe out all terrists.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Too easy man!
Too easy to say that and to do nothing!
Playmore is going to do something!
Playmore will probably do their best to kick bootleger' dumper' sweep ass!
The more these "!=*#& will receive the more it will be for everyone!
Of course any of them won't be kicked but this is only the begining...

:mad:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Scalpeur:
<strong>

Too easy man!
Too easy to say that and to do nothing!
Playmore is going to do something!
Playmore will probably do their best to kick bootleger' dumper' sweep ass!
The more these "!=*#& will receive the more it will be for everyone!
Of course any of them won't be kicked but this is only the begining...

:mad: </strong><hr></blockquote>

well... very good thoughts on that.
Thank you.

POOPERSCOOPER

Zero's Secretary
It will be a very hard task for playmore, and I certainly doubt it will be a success. Legal actions can only go so far in mexico.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
there are neo geo games in vegas? whoa i missed that. I went to vegas in the summer hoping to have a good match versus someone outside my circle of gamers. oh well, and take in consideration that in front of the supreme court in mexico there is a market that is unauthorized to sell, so if they can't force people to leave out of their doors knowing they sell a shitload of piracy items, much less will they do something about the gaming industry.