kof 2k2 in southern california

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
hello all!

for those of you who are trying to find kof 2002 in the valley or other places in southern cali,
i found and played it at two different places

the first one is in Family Fun Arcade. here is the web address where you can get the location:
<a href="http://www.teamfamilyfun.com" target="_blank">www.teamfamilyfun.com</a>

the second one is at the arcade in ucla (forgot the name and web address, but if you go there and ask around the ucla campus, you'll find it)

well thats it, good luck and have fun

note: this message is dedicated to this forum cuz ive been reading this forum alot over the past two years and all you people are cool, plus it gave me more of a reason to play fighting games, so hats off to you all! ;)

aria

Former Moderator
I know of the arcade in on the dreaded fUCLA you speak of (The arcade is nice, BTW, my animosity is to the worthless Bruins, not the arcade).

It's located in the student union (If i remember correctly, on the second floor).

Ask anyone there were the student union building is and you're set.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
im not into sports, but i know whatcha mean hehe

also the student union is called something else, it starts with an A or something

i should also note that i go ucla for anime club and thats how i found that arcade, so yay for anime!

AZER

n00b
I've been searching for a more convenient KOF2002 machine for quite some time now. Thanks TemJin3000. =)

When do people usually show up to play KOF at UCLA?

By the way, it's called the Ackerman Union.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
when i went there last night, like 15 mins before they were closing, everybody was playing capcom vs snk 2, namco games, and guilty gear XX,
and low and behold: the kof 2k2 machine siting there all alone and unplayed, so my mentor and i played it till they closed and still no one else came up to play. that really sucked too cuz i wanted to play one of the pros that usually play there (even though i suck hehe but i beat the crap out of my mentor using terry,joe,and kyo)

im sure that during the day though people are playing the crap outta it ;)

AZER

n00b
TemJin3000:

I see. I have another question. I heard that the KOF 2002 cabinet at UCLA has a different button layout than normal SNK games. Is this true?

Damn, I was planning on going to UCLA tomorrow because they’re having a tournament for MvC2/3S/GGXX/ST/CvS2, but I’m out of cash. =\

Let me know when you’re planning on going to UCLA again. It’s so hard to find competition for KOF outside of SHGL.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
the button layout is the same as regular arcades, but like this:
wp=0 0=wk
sp=0 0=sk

i'd be glad to play ya, i go to ucla just about every thursday for anime club, usually before it starts or after it ends i go to ackerman union. we could meet at the anime club if you want to and before or after it we'll go to the arcade from there, i'll even lend ya a quarter or two if ya need :)

reply yes or no for further details, especially if anyone else wants to go to the arcade too, the more the merrier, just go easy on me cuz i suck hehe

AZER

n00b
Unfortunately, that's the same day I go to intersession. I can’t afford to skip a day of intersession or else they drop me from the course, and it’s important. Sorry!

I heard UCLA has free play on Friday and Saturday nights. It’s $6 to enter, and all the game, except for a few Bemani Music Games, are on free play. Maybe we can arrange a get-together during one of the free play days and have a couple of casual matches. Hey, maybe if enough people show up, we can throw a tourney. =)

I plan on going to UCLA next Saturday.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Ah, L.A.
I'm sure the arcade at the Little Tokyo mini-mall also has KoF2k2 in it. I remember the 1st time I walked into that arcade...So many shiny-new Neo Candy Cabs...KoF2k1 in its own big-ass dedicated sit-down cab...Almost brought a tear to my eye...
And that lonely, dilapidated SvC2 cab in the corner...How very poetic...

Too bad I live in San Diego...This is a Capcom town...Very hard to find a NeoGeo cab here. Even more uncommon to find one in good condition. Sad.

aria

Former Moderator
Originally posted by Hentai Sama:
<strong>Ah, L.A.
I'm sure the arcade at the Little Tokyo mini-mall also has KoF2k2 in it. I remember the 1st time I walked into that arcade...So many shiny-new Neo Candy Cabs...KoF2k1 in its own big-ass dedicated sit-down cab...Almost brought a tear to my eye...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I used to live a few blocks from that arcade! Great place to play KOF and I agree with you: the probably do have it on that big unit.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
azer:

oh, well i would do the same if i were you too.
as for saturday, i usually go to family fun arcade (the other place above) and my ride doesnt like to go to ucla when she doesnt have to, so you think maybe we could play at family fun on a saturday, no free games, but the prices are good. besides that fact, i literally do suck at fighting games (but i'll try my damn best) so you might not wanna waste 6 bucks on me (but dont worry, everybody there are much greater than me so you could kick their asses hehe), more like 2 or 3, but not 6. but eh, i'll ask and see if i can go to ucla...

hentai-sama:

i know what that feels like too, i went to san diego last year, and for the couple of days i was there, no friggin snk stuff...DAMN YOU CAPCOM, DAMN YOUZE ALL TO HELLLLLLLLL j/k (that movie is so funny!) ;)