Check this out!

Mike

Bead Banger
Soon now that Big Bear and co. have brought us MVS cases, there is going to be a market for already complete MVS cases with Insert and Manual.

Instead of having to go through the trouble of having to buy Nick_the_fury's CD with only 28 inserts and manuals, I am sure a lot of people would just like to order the case with the insert and manual already installed in the case for the games they have.

Personally I would pay $25.00+ a case for the insert and the manual to already be printed, installed, and given the proffesional looking finish.

Best of all no *** bullshit!!

There is a serious market out there for anyone that has the time and funds to hit this thing straight on!

There muse be more runs of the cases!

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited April 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited April 11, 2001).]

I agree man, I too would buy a case with manual and insert for $25 for some of my games. I don't know if I could see doing it for a game like World Heroes or some other $5 game but it is a neat idea. Maybe a few of us could put our collective heads together and come up with unique inserts and manuals for the MVS games...

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
It has been mentioned that there might be some work done to modifiy the existing inserts that are around so that they fit into the boxes Big Bear has made, but until we have them, we can not do much.

As far as manuals, so far they are a PAIN to print. Have not found a really good solution for printing multiple copies that does not require a lot of intervention. Been working on that problem for a while....

As far as manuals that are out there, so far there is:

Digger Man
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 3
Neo Mr Do!
Pop 'N Bounce
Puzzle Bobble

Thats all that are done (that I can think of!) Captain Tomaday is close to being done, Neo Bomberman has been started, and we have a third manual that has also been started and should see release in a few weeks!

If I could come up with an easy way to print stuff, I would be all for it, but Kinko's has decided to raise their prices considerably.... Inserts are relatively easy to print, but with Kinko's new pricing structure, 1 print costs $8.90 before taxes....
frown.gif
A typical manual would cost a little under $36, and the MS3 manual would cost $54.....
frown.gif
I can not believe what they did with their pricing. I was only paying $2/print at one point.....

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
I just have a rhetorical question of curiousity ... why do you guys "print" the manuals and inserts? Do you replace lost ones? And doesn't that make them fraudulent and in theory not worth the paper they're printed on? Like I've said before, I'm not a NEO GEO collector, just an SNK game player. I do take care of my DC, PSX, N64, etc games ... I would consider any manual that didn't come with the game to be fraudulent.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DK:
I just have a rhetorical question of curiousity ... why do you guys "print" the manuals and inserts? Do you replace lost ones? And doesn't that make them fraudulent and in theory not worth the paper they're printed on? Like I've said before, I'm not a NEO GEO collector, just an SNK game player. I do take care of my DC, PSX, N64, etc games ... I would consider any manual that didn't come with the game to be fraudulent.

No, we do not replace lost items, hell, we put them online so others can use them. What we have created are inserts for games that did not see a release on the home system, or an english release (and also Metal Slug because many people convert the game).

So, if you had a converted Metal Slug cart, you could get a nice manual/insert/sticker for the game. Now if you have a Puzzle Bobble MVS cart and one of Big Bear's cases, you can have an insert and manual for it!

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Fradulent, Well why dont you just go buy these manuals. You cant because they were never made.
There is nothing "Fraud" about FAN ART given away for FREE.
Diggerman, P'N'Bounce, PuzzleBobble, etc never saw a home release. There is no "official" manual in existance anywhere. So we make our own for fun. Thats what its all about. We make them for us, and if anyone wants to use em, they are more than welcome.
Now MS3 was released, but only in Japanese. We choose to release that one because we thought it would be cool to have a MS3 manual in English.

As far as worth the paper they printed on, well we dont sell jack. What is something worth that's freely given? Many people have written that they enjoy having this stuff in their collections. They know its fan art.

------------------
buy Nick_the_fury's CD
-------------------

To address this, I do not sell anything.
That's Shawn selling a cdrom & that has nothing to do with me. If you have any questions about it you would need to contact him.
I placed all those scans up on the internet for months so people could download them for free if they wanted too.
Thats all.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
thanks for the credit but I had nothing to do with it
smile.gif
You should thank Big Bear. it is indeed a nice option, but alas it is also a limited supply it seems as well.

Mike

Bead Banger
How could it be a limited supply? The hard part is over, the more that they make and sell the more money they make back on the moldings and expenses.

It just doesn't make sense that they would be a limited run if the demand is there. So what happens when someone else makes different MVS cases and they decide not to go with the red color? Not that it's a big deal to me but, I would like all my cases to at least be the same size and function the same way in terms of opening.

The-Bus

n00b
Just wondering... How in-depth are some of these manuals? My favorite MVS-only game is by far, MIEx (or also Puzzle Exchanger). The actual rules are very simple but there's no strategy or tips/hints included. I think things such as those would make fan manuals the most valuable. Personally, I don't see much sense in making a manual that just reprints what I see on the screen -- but if it's something unique, well, then, that's a different story.

------------------
Small potatoes make the steak look bigger.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The-Bus:
Just wondering... How in-depth are some of these manuals? My favorite MVS-only game is by far, MIEx (or also Puzzle Exchanger). The actual rules are very simple but there's no strategy or tips/hints included. I think things such as those would make fan manuals the most valuable. Personally, I don't see much sense in making a manual that just reprints what I see on the screen -- but if it's something unique, well, then, that's a different story.

Well, I would give you a link to a manual, but unfortunately they are all done for the time being....

So, I'll blab about a couple....

The MS3 manual we created has all of the SNK information on MS3 included, all in English, including a storyline to go along with the game. It has been a while, but I believe we reworked the original SNK story somewhat. By for, it is the biggest manual we have created so far, and also the first. Hell, it was written before we ever even touched the game! Even the insert we created has an error in the story line, but if I give away the error, it is a spoiler.

As far as a game like Pop 'N Bounce and Puzzle Bobble, the manual includes some instructions for how to play, and additional storyline. They also include shots of some of the arcade artwork. The PB story line is loosely based on the story for the original Bubble Bobble while the stories for Pop 'N Bounce were created from scratch.

All in good fun, we can make our cart collections 'complete' and provide a service to any fan who wishes to try to do the same. All you need to do is download them and print them.

Why did we originally start doing this? Initially Nick_th_fury wanted a Flipshot insert and sticker for his black cart. He inquired about it from the 'competition' and got the price, 4 bills! So, he made his own! He started with Flip Shot and Money Puzzle Exchanger. Then he did Ganryu. Then I got involved, I started with Puzzle Bobble and Pop 'N Bounce, and then Metal Slug 3. With Metal Slug 3, I decided to give making manuals a try, and thatwas when they were born. Jeff Kurtz also got involved, and made a Metal Slug. That is how it all began, and if I got anything wrong, please chime in. This all started around May of last year I think.....

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mouse_Master:
No, we do not replace lost items, hell, we put them online so others can use them. What we have created are inserts for games that did not see a release on the home system, or an english release (and also Metal Slug because many people convert the game).

So, if you had a converted Metal Slug cart, you could get a nice manual/insert/sticker for the game. Now if you have a Puzzle Bobble MVS cart and one of Big Bear's cases, you can have an insert and manual for it!

Okay, thanks for the explanation. Now I understand. Thanks for being nice about teaching me about it.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DK:
Okay, thanks for the explanation. Now I understand. Thanks for being nice about teaching me about it.

No problem. We are Neo fans like everyone else!