PNG Update. Need help and contributors bad.

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
I have some bad news concering my attempt to get hosted by Gamespy. It was unsuccesful. I got this message from BoilerMaker

Hey there,

Unfortunately, your site doesn't quite meet up to the level of quality that we
adhere to for hosting with us.

Thanks for your interest in the GameSpy Network!

I need contributors please. If you got anything like reviews, game info, screenshots, etc. I'll appreciate your help.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
What motherfuckers they are. Yeah and with all the other retardations hosted on that Nutwork....
Nothing to be down about, they arent worth the pain anyway.

Real sad how things turned out with those scrotum twisting lunatic dope fiends.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
:(

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: rarehero ]</p>

S

snkneogeousaCTH

Hey, listen, that's too bad. But if you want to give it another shot, I have a few ideas:

1. Get off that think called a hosting service (angelfire), and try moving to brinkster (brinkster.com). Their hosting service is ad-free, and you can still use SSI.

2. Reeeeeedesign! I would redesign the site. Heck, I'd even do it for you. I have some webdesign experience... PM me if you're game.

Otherwise, the content looks good, but whats with all the GameSpy stuff if you aren't hosted by them??

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
In order to get hosted with Gamespy, particularly for something as comparatively all-encompassing as a Planet* address, your site had better be two things:

1. Very complete
2. Professional in design

While yours is a good start, it is currently neither of those things. While I'll agree that he could've given more specific reasons for the refusal, it's not that surprising. You need something to give the site some flavor. Badly-recolored sprite rips aren't going to cut it. Find a graphic designer to make it look like the classic black and gold, or perhaps like a red-and-white MVS cabinet. There really isn't much about your current design that says "Neo*Geo."

Don't just give up. There's always a chance... I got <a href="http://classicgaming.com/ninjagaiden" target="_blank">my site</a> hosted by Gamespy, quite by accident. Were I in his position, I wouldn't have given you the hosting either, to be honest. I don't mean to come off as holier-than-thou or whatnot. Your site has plenty of potential... but basically what they want for a "Planet" anything is for the site to be a definitive resource... and yours is currently anything but that. Give it some more "oomph" in the content department and a bit of visual muscle, and your odds will improve mightily.

-Deuce

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Deuce:
<strong> Don't just give up. There's always a chance... I got <a href="http://classicgaming.com/ninjagaiden" target="_blank">my site</a> hosted by Gamespy, quite by accident.
-Deuce</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's you?! I really enjoyed reading this site a few years back. Good Shit!

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Yup, that's me. I've had my fingers in many internet pies over the last ten years. :) Glad you liked it, though.

-Deuce

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
Do you know Kevin? Did you help with classicgaming or just the ninja gaiden section?

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: Neo Mike ]</p>

aria

Former Moderator
Don't let it get you down. A lot of the most creative/important/etc. people were swatted down on their first attempt. -the secret to their success?

- They never let themselves get discouraged.

The best way to think about it is "Oh, yeah? Well I'll show them an even better website."

S

snkneogeousaCTH

Well, heres an old skool mvs cab design I whipped up...
<a href="http://www12.brinkster.com/zzt01/neogeo.html" target="_blank">old skoolin.</a> if you like it, PM me and I can nwalk you thru it.

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
That design looks great. I'm PMing you right now. Oh and it's KTNP not KNTP.