The Naomi Project Needs Your Help!

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
To mods:
I know that this isn’t exactly neo related, but I am putting this here because it will get the most exposure here. If you still feel after reading the message in its entirety that it is Unapropreate, please move it immediately.

Anyway, Myself and some other members (C.T.H and some others) are working on a database of all the Naomi games. Each game will have a page that contains info about the game, screenshots, and a review.

A FAQ section is also being planned, as many people are not knowledgeable about this fairly new arcade system. There also isn’t anything of this magnitude on the Internet.... until now!

The database is very small right now in its infancy, but with your help it can grow! We need the following for games that aren’t already linked of the software page:

1.Reviews
2.Cart Scans (please scan at 100% no less than 100 dpi)
3.Any other info about the game.

The information that you send will be credited to you on the page that it displays.

You can send all info that you have to Sconyers@agtelco.com, or you can PM me as well.

I believe that a database such as this will be very informational, and will answer many questions about this fairly new arcade system. With your help it can be possible.

Check out what is finished so far by clicking the banner in my sig!

<small>[ July 15, 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: neo-geo 2 ]</small>

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
sadly i have nothing to offer, i may be able to get some screens for games and cabinets. Good luck on your project

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
If anyone have any information regarding the keyboards used in the typing games I would be really happy. As far as I know you won't need any special I/O board and you use the USB connector somehow. Pictures I've seen show the dreamcast keyboards but I havn't seen how they are connected. Hopefully it is as simple as cutting the DC plug off and splice it to an USB connector but I doubt it.

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
I would be nice if the games that were ported had a box saying "Also available for..." and a link to some info about the port. Dreamcast games (wich is the console that has most of the ports) could use <a href="http://www.sega.co.jp/dc/db" target="_blank">http://www.sega.co.jp/dc/db</a>

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
@Pingu:
The keyboards used are simply dreamcast keyboards with the plug cut off and a molex connector attached to it. The molex plug connects to "CN7" and "CN8" for player 1 and 2.

@Fluff_Daddy
Thats a great idea! I will be adding that as soon as I can.

Thanks for all the info ad the tons of PM's guys. It looks like this will be up and running in a couple weeks.

Spawn76

New Challenger
Dear,

it is an exellent idea, I fight since 2 years to understand all about Naomi hardware :)

my last problem is to wire the "Link" for Beach Spikers ! I bought the Beach Spikers *special kit to wire 2 cabinets but I had no manuals :(

I think you can add a MANUAL section :)
I have many carts/gdrom i can help you to take photos :)
Plus I have a special edition of Naomi Universal Cabinet in black color (for the out of the game cosmic smash :)

Spawn76

New Challenger
in strange connector

CN6 and CN7 are used for Special Capcom 6 buttons control panel. In order to use Dreamcast controller !

I have a another cable for Capcom Converter in order to get 4 player wires :)

R

Raiiden Fighter

Hey Brian I sent you several Pics

Ill try to get some more up in a little

This seems like one of the better Ideas I have ever seen

Site looks great however you are missing alot of Naomi Games

Ninja Assault On Naomi 1
Shikigami No Shro Naomi Gd rom
Resident Evil Survivor Code Veronica Naomi 1
Psyviar 2 Naomi Gd rom

If I can think Of anymore Ill lt you know

Please check out

<a href="http://www.system16.com" target="_blank">System16.com</a>

they have alot more

Also Soul Calibur is a proto naomi game

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Raiiden Fighter ]</small>

Igniz

Island Native,
No offense , but all your site is right now is a direct copy-and-paste from system16.com.

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
neo-geo 2:
@Pingu:
The keyboards used are simply dreamcast keyboards with the plug cut off and a molex connector attached to it. The molex plug connects to "CN7" and "CN8" for player 1 and 2.
o_O Now that's even better, Do you know the pinout? Mmmm, Typing of the date this weekend hopefully :)~~

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
I would like to thank everyone once again for all the info and images (Raiiden Fighter thanks for the kickass images)

I added about 10 more pages, and I will be working all night tonight on the site.

@ Pingu, I will pm you later about the pinout.

@Igniz, Yes, the site mostly has info that was found at System16. BUT the completed will have much more. The cart scans are starting to come together, and the reviews as well!

@SNKOOL, Sorry, this will be a naomi only site.

Again, thanks guys, and write me some reviews!!!!

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: neo-geo 2 ]</small>

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
If what I'm seeing is only the beginning, this has a lot of potential.

All of the carts I have already have scans on the site. I do have printed copies of the Capcom vs. SNK, Naomi 1 motherboard service manual, and the GD-ROM service manual. I also have the extras for Project Justice.

One suggestion I have is to include pictures and information of the hardware, including the Capcom I/O board.

I plan to start my Naomi project after my CPS2 one is finished (which will hopefully be this weekend), and once that is finished I'd be willing to contribute something about it.

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hmm... some of those games are quite beat up. A tip would be to remove the pcb from the casing and skrub the outside with some kind of cleaning solvent and a soft brush or something similar, the inside is some special conductive paint that I suspect will easily be scratched. The PCB itself will also be dirty under the ventilation holes. It really looks kinda neat but remove it with a soft toothbrush and perhaps a bit of 2-26. I guess there was a reason the naomi2 wasn't white. Nicotine yellowish carts and systems are not that good looking. ^^;

<small>[ July 17, 2003, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Pingu ]</small>

strider88

NEST Puppet
This is a great idea! picta coming soon as well as the great monkey ball control panel :)pictures.

I think that technical info is a must! wiring and pin-out power supply info is a MUST.

GREAT WORK

Peace

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah, think I could import carts quite cheap to Europe at least. capcom vs snk, DOA2 and some other titles for 15-20 euro or something along those lines.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I would be pretty interested in have info about using a naomi at home in a supergun-type set-up. I know the Naomi is quite a complicated non-standar board.
Also a lot of info about the market value of the games and what do you actually need to play them would be useful.

Amano Jacu:
I would be pretty interested in have info about using a naomi at home in a supergun-type set-up. I know the Naomi is quite a complicated non-standar board.
Also a lot of info about the market value of the games and what do you actually need to play them would be useful.
Naomi is definatly tgoing to be the next MVS as far as home collectors are concerned, it's already reasonlbly cheap to pick up the games it's just the non availabilioty of a supergun that is holding people back!!

Oh and one thing... I applaud the idea of a Naomi Site but i REALLy wouldn't rip off <a href="http://www.system16.com" target="_blank">www.system16.com</a> word for word........ shame oh_no