Demitri?

LuisDePamplona

Super Sidekicks 2
Okay first of all, I noticed that only one Capcom char is non-street fighter WHICH SUX! It is tabasa, now as I am going throught the screen shots of SVC Chaos I see Demitri!?!?!?!?!? WTF is he in the game or what? Someone please explain...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Where have you been in the last weeks? We've discussed a lot about that, just check older posts in this forum, like this one:

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004965" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004965</a>

LuisDePamplona

Super Sidekicks 2
thanx, I haven't been at the forums nor online for a while now sorry I got a job! And I have to stay with my mother alot and now internet over there oh_no

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Hugo is from Street Fighter III: Third Strike

Andore and Andore Jr. are from Final Fight, Capcom has never stated that Hugo and Andore are the same person/character.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct:

Andore and Andore Jr. are from Final Fight, Capcom has never stated that Hugo and Andore are the same person/character.
It's pretty much a given though. But since he was in SFIII, I guess that automatically makes him a SF character. If you play the Alpha series, you'll see him in the Final Fight characters BGs.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
the roker:
Buro Destruct:

It's pretty much a given though. But since he was in SFIII, I guess that automatically makes him a SF character. If you play the Alpha series, you'll see him in the Final Fight characters BGs.
According to Studio Bent Stuff's "ALL ABOUT CAPCOM Taisen Kakutou Games 1987-2000," the character in Guy's Metro City stage in Street Fighter ZERO 3 (and SFZ2) is Andore while the character depicted on the billboard in the upper right corner of Cody's jailbreak stage in SFZ3 is Hugo.

--Chris

Master Chenug

New Challenger
is dan a secert characeter in it? if a game that doesn't have dan is a game that i don't want loco

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Master Chenug:
is dan a secert characeter in it? if a game that doesn't have dan is a game that i don't want loco
At the Japanese location tests, the 4th, 7th, and 8th CPU opponents were CPU-only sub-boss/boss characters (whether or not a player's actions in matches 1-3 or 5-6 influenced the CPU's selection of the 4th, 7th, and 8th opponents was undetermined, as far as I recall). The 4th match character would be either Hibiki Dan, Goenitz, Demitri Maximoff, or Geese Howard. The 7th match character was either a powered-up, very angry Ken Masters (referred to on various websites as either Satsui no Ken or Orochi Ken) or Bousou Iori (aka, 'Riot of the Blood' Iori). The 8th match opponent was either Shin Gouki or Shin Karate. No methods of selecting any of these as a playable character has been revealed yet.

--Chris

Master Chenug

New Challenger
thz for telling me nwo of couse i will buy the game when it comes out because it got DAN!!!! woooooooooohoooooo tickled

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
LuisDePamplona:
wait a minute so the game has been released?!
Not for another week or two. It has undergone a number of location tests in the last 5 weeks or so, however.

--Chris

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Buro Destruct:

In Final Fight Japanese if you hit Andore the lifebar says "Hugo"

Andore is the name for US/Euro version. Something similar to games like Street of Rage 3, Street Fighter 2 or even Garou (Marco Rodriguez = Kunshood Butt)

S

Simbob4000

Hugo is a SF character not FF he has only been in the last 2 SF3 games and SFA3 in Cody's background
yes hugo looks like a Andore but he is not one capcom just rip-off their own character why i don't know but they did the samething with Alex he look and has some of the same move as a character in SNSM but is not the same character.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Simbob4000:
Hugo is a SF character not FF he has only been in the last 2 SF3 games and SFA3 in Cody's background
yes hugo looks like a Andore but he is not one capcom just rip-off their own character why i don't know but they did the samething with Alex he look and has some of the same move as a character in SNSM but is not the same character.
Let's see here, he wears EXACTLY the same clothes, he has POISON as his manager, he has a move where he grabs you by the neck (similar in vien to Andore), and he hold his arms in nearly the same position.

Your right, he has nothing in common with Final Fight. Listen, you can take shit and try to label it as being fillet mignon, but in the end it's still shit. Same with Andore, you can call him Hugo if you want, but he's pretty much Andore anyway you look at it.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Setsuna1982:
Buro Destruct:

In Final Fight Japanese if you hit Andore the lifebar says "Hugo"
Andore is the name for US/Euro version.
I'm sorry, Setsuna, but your statement is simply not correct. I own several different Japanese versions of Final Fight, and several different Japanese guidebooks for the game, and the name Hugo never appears in any of them. In all versions of Final Fight the gang members in the leopard-skin unitards are Andore, Andore Jr., F. Andore, U. Andore, and G. Andore. The name Hugo never appeared in Final Fight, nor in any of its sequels.
the roker:
Simbob4000:
Let's see here, he wears EXACTLY the same clothes, he has POISON as his manager, he has a move where he grabs you by the neck (similar in vien to Andore), and he hold his arms in nearly the same position.

Your right, he has nothing in common with Final Fight. Listen, you can take shit and try to label it as being fillet mignon, but in the end it's still shit. Same with Andore, you can call him Hugo if you want, but he's pretty much Andore anyway you look at it.
Simbob's not saying that Hugo has nothing to do with Andore, or that Hugo has no connection to Final Fight. What he is saying is that Hugo's character design was inspired by (or ripped off from) the character design of the Andore family in Final Fight [in much the same way that the design of SFIII's Alex was inspired by (or ripped off from) Muscle Bomber's Aleksey Zalazof (aka, Saturday Night Slam Masters' "Biff Slamkovich")]. This and the fact that he has a Final Fight character (Poison) as his manager are the only 2 solid connections between Hugo and Final Fight. I've yet to see any Japanese source to indicate that Hugo ever had any involvement with the Mad Gear gang, or that he has any relationship to the Andore family. As previously stated, Studio Bent Stuff's "ALL ABOUT CAPCOM Taisen Kakutou Games 1987-2000" lists Andore and Hugo as two different characters. In terms of character design, Hugo and the Andore family may be nearly identical, but in terms of storyline they are separate characters.

--Chris

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Dash no Chris:
Master Chenug:
At the Japanese location tests, the 4th, 7th, and 8th CPU opponents were CPU-only sub-boss/boss characters (whether or not a player's actions in matches 1-3 or 5-6 influenced the CPU's selection of the 4th, 7th, and 8th opponents was undetermined, as far as I recall). The 4th match character would be either Hibiki Dan, Goenitz, Demitri Maximoff, or Geese Howard. The 7th match character was either a powered-up, very angry Ken Masters (referred to on various websites as either Satsui no Ken or Orochi Ken) or Bousou Iori (aka, 'Riot of the Blood' Iori). The 8th match opponent was either Shin Gouki or Shin Karate. No methods of selecting any of these as a playable character has been revealed yet.

--Chris
I miss the old days like in KoF 96 where you had to fight every opponent in the game before winning.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Dash no Chris:
mungrin:
Hugo is Andore's father and thats why hes so big
Andore's father is F. Andore, his uncle his U. Andore, and his grandfather is G. Andore.

--Chris
Hugo is Andore's big gay uncle

Solid Snake

King's Dry Cleaner
Wait, isn't Hugo from Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact and wasn't his backstory as follows:

Hugo (gang name - Andore) used to be one of the henchman for the Mad Gear gang in Metro City. When the Mad Gear gang was defeated by Hagger, Guy, and Cody, Poison (Another character in FF)
convinced Hugo to join Pro-Wrestling, and she would manage him. After he became very successful in the sport, he learned of a new Street Fighter
tournament and signed up to prove his strength, and ability.

Solid Snake

King's Dry Cleaner
Wait, do you think its a possibility that his last name might be Andore? Maybe Hugo Andore or H. Andore. Not that convincing, HUH! make_fac

Well, he still is the fucking man in SF3:3rdS and hopefully will fucking wicked in SvsC.

CrazyMike

n00b
Guess I will have to set things straight.

Hugo IS Andore. Want to know why? Because the name Andore was taken from Andre the Giant who Andore was based off of, but Andre's family complained or sued Capcom to change the name of Andore due to similiarities to their beloved Giant.

The name was changed out of their family's wishes and if you play Final Fight 2 US, his name is Hugo due to the lawsuit.

And, as mentioned before, in Street Fighter Alpha 2, long before Street Fighter 3: 2nd Impact, the representation of Andore is in the Final Fight background but is drawn to be updated and looks like Hugo. He is also in Sodom's ending in Alpha 1 and looks like his Hugo persona also.