Interesting find regarding Ghost Lop

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I haven't really been keeping up with all of the talk regarding this game and I am not sure when this game was first mentioned if it was out of right field and no one had heard of it before or not.

At any rate, I'm cleaning my room up and I found this milk crate full of old gaming magazines. I was in the process of bagging them up to store away and every once in a while I would find one with an interesting cover and flip through it.

I came across an issue of EGM that has this ultra WEAK drawing of Ryu on the cover (Issue 89, Dec '96) and it mentioned Street Fighter III so I figured I would browse through it to see if it was actual pics and such of SF3 or rampant rumor mill EGM used to do alot.

I'm getting off subject here...anyway I'm flipping through and I come to page 143 which has a couple of page coverage on the AMOA show. I saw a page devoted to Sam Sho 4 and then on page 150 I saw 1/3 of a page devoted to Ghost Lop. Listed below is the text on the page verbatum:

"Ghost Lop is an interesting Bust-A-Move-style puzzle game. The story is that you're a ghost hunter, ready to take out ghosts with your trusty red and blue power balls. There is a Story Mode where you first get tested by your fellow ghost hunters to make sure you can cut it, then you're on to ghosts like floating dogs and other strange creatures of the night.

There are three types of blocks.Two are colors: red and blue--you can choose to break these blocks by hitting A to throw a red ball, and B to throw a blue one. The idea is to throw your ball as high as you can to break off sections of balls, and that will give balls to your opponent.

Those balls are Skulls, and takes two hits to destroy--a real pain. The last type of ball you deal with is a bomb with sunglasses on. When you hit him, he blows up a section around him for easy points against an opponent. You also have to catch the ball on its way back down, or all the balls come down a level (just like if time runs out before you throw your ball)."

Like I said I haven't kept up with the whole discussion regarding this game so I don't know if a bunch of people already knew about it before the proto resurfaced. Still it was a nice little suprise to see that in the magazine :) .

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Whoops, I posted this in the wrong forum. I meant to put it in General Discussion instead of News & Rumors. My bad! :cool:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yeah, I do rememeber somebody mentioned he read info about that game in a magazine. It looks like the game was very close to see the light of day, but...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
wow thanks.

seriously.

its not just a puzzle bobble clone.

all dick head was able to offer was that it 'plays differently from puzzle bobble with a learning curve' or something to that effect.

now it actually sounds WORTH playing.

snk should do a cheap release for dreamcast buttrock ....PETITION!! :D

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Thanks for typing that up.

I would love to have a game of this, there are never enough puzzle games.

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
They could release it together with some other puzzlers like eg. Money Idol Exchanger. More people need to know about its' brilliance!