PLAYMORE UPDATE-!! jul 10th- Oficial Game pics!!!!!

vishema

Genam's Azami Sharpener
<a href="http://www.playmore.co.jp/" target="_blank">Clicky!</a> They're great!! drool_2

<small>[ July 10, 2003, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: vishema ]</small>

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Playmore has had more names in the last year than Japhei... wink

Ok, maybe not that many.. but it's a whole fucking lot.

<small>[ July 07, 2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: VanillaThunder ]</small>

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I hope for a GREAT 2003

an Art Of Fighting 4

a good Metal slug 5

and a sequel to Last resort

a man can dream,right? :D

QnzNeoGeoChick

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
vishema:
Change of our Company Name

Thank you very much for your continued support.
As of July 7, 2003 we would like to inform you of our name change to the following on the same day, aiming at the revival of SNK-Brand that has your longtime support:

SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION

We are sure to make every effort to release not only popular lineup such as "KOF", "SAMURAI SPIRITS" and "METAL SLUG", but also brand new game titles and Amusement Machines.

Your further patronage and support will be greatly appreciated.

all right!! buttrock this will sound a little bit more familiar :D . More KOF, Samurai Spirits and Metal Slug!?? I'm in!!! drool_2
Wow. This...is...great! SNK is back! :D Oh, my god! I can't wait for the great games they will have. :)

<small>[ July 07, 2003, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: QnzNeoGeoChick ]</small>

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
QnzNeoGeoChick:
vishema:

As of July 7, 2003 we would like to inform you of our name change to the following on the same day, aiming at the revival of SNK-Brand that has your longtime support:

SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION

We are sure to make every effort to release not only popular lineup such as "KOF", "SAMURAI SPIRITS" and "METAL SLUG", but also brand new game titles and Amusement Machines.

all right!! buttrock this will sound a little bit more familiar :D . More KOF, Samurai Spirits and Metal Slug!?? I'm in!!! drool_2
Wow. This...is...great! SNK is back! :D Oh, my god! I can't wait for the great games they will have. :)
But it's the same company, with a different name. . . spock

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Garou < AOF3 with 688megs = Eye Candy

<small>[ July 07, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Setsuna1982 ]</small>

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Sounds like they really want to make it all happen.

Great news :)

<small>[ July 07, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: leGionellz ]</small>

QnzNeoGeoChick

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Amix:
QnzNeoGeoChick:
vishema:

SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION

Oh, I see. Anyway this is great.

vishema:

SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION

Ask them if they are going to continue supporting the MVS or if they are moving everything to an other system such as the Atomiswave :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Amix:
QnzNeoGeoChick:
vishema:

SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION

SNK = Playmore = SNK Playmore

I mean, Playmore is SNK, same people same shit... the transition period was shakey while the former SNK uper-ups regained control of everything after the bankruptcy, but really... as said a million times, it is all the same.

-Nick

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
* shrugs*
the company name means nothing in the end
playmore,snk playmore...whatever
the geniuses behind a lot of the older games are gone now anyway

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
"Playmore" was a retarded name to begin with.

And it has definitely rubbed off on them.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Fran:
* shrugs*
the company name means nothing in the end
playmore,snk playmore...whatever
the geniuses behind a lot of the older games are gone now anyway
Even the most glorious mask cannot hide change frown

aria

Former Moderator
nruva:
as said a million times, it is all the same.

Exactly as Nick mentioned, when SNK tried to break itself from Aruze by bankrupting itself in Japan and then reforming in Korea, it ended up in a trademark battle with Aruze over the right to use the actual name "SNK" within Japan (but not outside, i.e. the US, HK and EU). Now it sounds like they may have recieved the upper hand for some reason, and have taken the initiative.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
They also mention something about new Amusement Machines. I wonder -- would this be the elusive MVS 2 hardware that we've heard so little about?

EvilWasabi:
"Playmore" was a retarded name to begin with.

And it has definitely rubbed off on them.
I agree. The first thing I thought of when I learned about the "Playmore" name was Engrish.

SNK is about "New Japan Project", or what I've afformentionally called, "Revitalized Japan Project".

deffty

Kula's Candy
Is no use changing name to look like SNK, people won't change their opinion of playmore unless they release some good games that are worthy to mention. :o
To me, Playmore is Playmore, SNK is SNK. eek_2
They better do a good job on SvC or they can starting thinking a new name...Playless
angry

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Now it sounds like they may have recieved the upper hand for some reason, and have taken the initiative.
I caught myself wondering where this "shot in the arm" came from. Makes me wonder why the apparent need to get that SNK name back into the title.

I'd like to think that through all the trouble and strife, the SNK we know and love will get and keep their ducks lined up and start kicking ass again. I just hope to God they don't gamble on things that may break them before they get rolling again.

Now all we need is an assurance that the old teams are getting reassembled, Shinkiro's going to jump ship back to them, and they're going to get some lead out and release some games we all want.

AOF 4
KOM 3
Garou 2
RB 3

buttrock

deffty

Kula's Candy
Yes, the first thing they should do is get Shinkiro back no matter the cost.
Without him, Playmore will never look or feel like SNK.
Fuck that stupid artist who responsible for 2001.
shame

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Bobak:
nruva:
as said a million times, it is all the same.

Exactly as Nick mentioned, when SNK tried to break itself from Aruze by bankrupting itself in Japan and then reforming in Korea, it ended up in a trademark battle with Aruze over the right to use the actual name "SNK" within Japan (but not outside, i.e. the US, HK and EU). Now it sounds like they may have recieved the upper hand for some reason, and have taken the initiative.
It could also be that maybe (and this is completely talking out of my ass as I'm naive as to Japanese Law) that the IP rights expired on it and it may be free to use to the first registrar or something.

Maybe they had an agreement on fair use of the name for a time?

Who knows?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
deffty:
Yes, the first thing they should do is get Shinkiro back no matter the cost.
Without him, Playmore will never look or feel like SNK.
Fuck that stupid artist who responsible for 2001.
shame
Screw Shinkirou.

Get Senri Kita and Tonko doing all the art.

Get Tate Norio and Sha-V on the music.

And they're back in business.

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
wow, you guys are really picky...company has to change sometime...people move on to other company, things just happens...just keep on moving and see what the company is gonna do next.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
this is great news even though all they did was slap SNK on their name it may give them the boost they need. There is a lot in a name so this could give them a sales boost because it is SNK but at the same time it may pressure them to be SNK and make SNK quality games

They also mention something about new Amusement Machines. I wonder -- would this be the elusive MVS 2 hardware that we've heard so little about?/QUOTE]

these new amusement machines are probably photo stops, plachinko machines (is that right?), and stuff like that not nesesarily a new MVS