It looks like the Neo is not the oldest system (in production)

snkool

Camel Slug
<a href="http://www.blood-sports.net/comments/1054451327,46329,.shtml" target="_blank">http://www.blood-sports.net/comments/1054451327,46329,.shtml</a> eek!

Discuss

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Isn't the Neo-Geo is the oldest system that still has games produced for it.

MVS Matt

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The systems might still be in production, but I'm sure I read somewhere that the last official release on the SNES was in 1999. So the Neo is still champ there.

I'm not sure when the last official NES game was produced, but I wouldn't be suprised if it had been support for longer than the Neo.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
well, in brazil, they still made master system and megadrive games for a good while :-P the systems too! until like... 2002 or something wink

- Daemon

snkool

Camel Slug
Master Giby:
Isn't the Neo-Geo is the oldest system that still has games produced for it.
I know the Neo is not produced anymore. Maybe you're right Giby. I was thinking production.

Cole

Kin Cle, ,
When people say the Neo is the longest running console, they are referring to the games released. (at least I would be, not that I ever actually say this but it has been around for a damn long time.. I suppose I can't vouch for everyone else :) ) There are many official releases each year from Playmore, how long has it been since the SNES or NES got an official release? I'm sure they both still get pirate carts put out for them, you know 5000 games in 1 carts and what not.. But like I said before it's about the official releases.

That aside though, that is amazing that the Famicom and Super Famicom remained in production by Nintendo themselves for so long! Does anyone know what the last official releases for the 2 systems were? I know SNES got Rockman & Forte in 1998, not sure of anything past that.

Edit: Hell, something similar to this for every system would be nice. Then we can see which really is the longest running console.

<small>[ June 29, 2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Cole ]</small>

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Cole:

That aside though, that is amazing that the Famicom and Super Famicom remained in production by Nintendo themselves for so long! Does anyone know what the last official releases for the 2 systems were? I know SNES got Rockman & Forte in 1998, not sure of anything past that.
In the US I think the last game for the NES was Wario's Wood's, I'm not 100% sure but if it wasn't the last it was one of the last.

Cole

Kin Cle, ,
Master Giby:
In the US I think the last game for the NES was Wario's Wood's, I'm not 100% sure but if it wasn't the last it was one of the last.
Heh, if that is the last US release then it's one hell of a game to go out on. :) Waiting for GBA remake of it..

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
What year was Wario's Woods? I kinda like that game. The last NES game I can think of off the top of my head is Kirby's Adventure from 93 but that can't be the last one.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Lashujin:
What year was Wario's Woods? I kinda like that game. The last NES game I can think of off the top of my head is Kirby's Adventure from 93 but that can't be the last one.
WW came out in '94. I'm checking the net for any NES game that came out in the same year or later.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Jungle Book, Star Tropics 2 and Wario's Wood's were the only NES games to come out in '94.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
As for the SNES:

Frogger
Rockman & Forte(Super Famicom)

Bu what I've found these are the only 2 games to be released in '98.

simon

Zero's Secretary
The last SFC game officially released by Nintendo is Metal Slader Glory Director's Cut on 01/12/2000 ( or 29/11/2000 if you pre-ordered the special edition ), using the Nintendo Power cartridge system.

<a href="http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/shvc/bmsj/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/shvc/bmsj/index.html</a>

<a href="http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n03/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n03/index.html</a>

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
the Neo is not the oldest system in production.
and the funny thing is,
its also one of the most expesive systems. :rolleyes:

snkfever

Cheng's Errand Boy
The neo must be the only system where the games are actually more expensive than the consoles they run on wink

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
CarBaXinE:
and the funny thing is,
Seriously dude, stop eating paint chips.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
CarBaXinE:
and the funny thing is,
which system is the oldest system in production
then?

The Atari? home-made games?

SURE. :rolleyes:

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
Not sure when the machine came out, but I got a new PC Engine game last year on Super CD, freshly made in 2002. Must be up there with the rest of them.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
CarBaXinE:
and the funny thing is,
That IS funny! Whooo, I gotta catch my breath I was laughing so hard! ...."most expensive systems".. where do you come up with this stuff!?

Q

qube

Big Al:
Not sure when the machine came out, but I got a new PC Engine game last year on Super CD, freshly made in 2002. Must be up there with the rest of them.
If you are talking about IMPLODE that game does not count. It is a homebrew, not an official NEC release.

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
The last official NEC release for PC Engine was "Dead of the Brain 1 & 2" back in June 1999 ...

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
pffft...

all those Famicoms are not officials... every gitan in the corner of the street sells those :rolleyes: