Genjuro/Shiki/Earthquake info SvC?

UnCauzi

Crazed MVS Addict
My bad but it seems my Samsho buds aren't getting any love on any of the bulletin boards. Especially Genjuro who seems to have faded away into news obscurity. Do they stink right now? What are your impressions? What type of moves do they have any info will be much appreciated.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
earthquake was a bit of a surprise
the "big guy" should have been goro
cos snk side still doesnt have a grappler

weird eh?

shiki,excellent choice

genjuro = genius

that is,
unless they've ripped that ss4 sprite

cos it would look so out of place

that aside,
genjuro is cool as ice and i like him better than haohmaru

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
shiki seems to have great potential, decent moves... cool look, ability to play a great high/low game, etc. she has a nice teleport, a few dash->slash moves, a flip kick, a dp, a rush super and an ex where she deals damage and gets lots of health back...

earthquake is the fucking man!!! i love this guy, dont know about his potential but otherwise he rocks... sprite is awesome, cool ass moves and fun!! he has a dp (the ground spin, heavy he disappears and reappears in a puff of smoke), hcb + k for an on the spot teleport and the heavy version has his galford style dropping from the sky. hcb+p is firebreath... fb in the air with punch is the spin from the air. he also has a slow to come out but very slow moving and seemingly useful fart fireball with fb+punch. fbx2+punch super is an uppercut slash to spinning chain and fbx2+k is a rolento style chain haul with the enemy exploding near the top of the screen...

genjuro has a samsho style setup with abc being lmh slash and d being kick (mainly heavies from sam4). he has his dp, fireball, three slash move (fb+p) and his card super. his exceed seems to be a sam4 rage bar break style death slash... not sure of the damage coz i havent seen it hit.. he seems a solid character and looks great...

?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I was thinking MR.BIG would have been a good rival for Vega aka M.Bison
I don't like Earthquake in it because if he has been redrawn,which I doubt..he should have been redrawn to resemble his new illustration.
Genjuro is definitely a welcomed addition as oppossed to Haomaru..Ukyo would have been a nice choice as well.
-BB

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR:

I don't like Earthquake in it because if he has been redrawn,which I doubt..he should have been redrawn to resemble his new illustration.
that earthquake sprite has NOTHING in common with the one in ss2

of course the svcc sprite is brand new

and i like him loads

very nicely animated and stuff

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member

and i like him loads

true.... he looks really good i think...

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:

and i like him loads

true.... he looks really good i think...
so,bb

what can you tell me about genjuro?

samurai spirits 4 sprite or new?

i have seen a couple shots but they all were too blurry

i suppose they have taken the sprite from ss4
and it amazes me if thats true

cos he was so BIG in samurai

oh well

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
it looks consistent i think... i would say it is new but i can never really tell. the texture and coloring of the sprite have definitely been changed to make him look kof though...

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I probably am one of the most excited about Earthquake. He has been a fave of mine since the first time I played the first SS.
I was pissed when he wasnt in Cap vs SNK so I'm glad they brought some of the SS chars into the game.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Fran:

weird eh?

shiki,excellent choice

genjuro = genius

that is,

that aside,
Fran being positive on a new Neo game = weird as hell!! smirk wink

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I don't believe Earthquake was redrawn but perhaps an edited sprite..He just resembles his old incarnation too much whareas Gejuro and Shiki are soo much more advanced looking in their design but we shall see.
I can't wait to use Ms.Todoh<-RIGHT.
-BB

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
I don't believe Earthquake was redrawn but perhaps an edited sprite..He just resembles his old incarnation too much whareas Gejuro and Shiki are soo much more advanced looking in their design but we shall see.
-BB
believe what you want, i own ss2 and have played svc at least 50+ times... earthquake is a completely new sprite and his moves are all redone.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
-BB
believe what you want, i own ss2 and have played svc at least 50+ times... earthquake is a completely new sprite and his moves are all redone.
Perhaps it may be redrawn sprites but his design is quite outdated...His design should have definitely been updated from nine years ago.
I look forward to examining this game in the future.
-BB

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN:
Fran:

weird eh?

shiki,excellent choice

genjuro = genius

that is,

that aside,
hold on hold on
i wasnt being "positive"
i was only commenting about the fact they decided to include gen,shiki and quake

the game is still eiji-less,rose-less and ibuki-less

and its engine is basic as hell

my fingers are crossed though...for the sequel

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
it looks consistent i think... i would say it is new but i can never really tell. the texture and coloring of the sprite have definitely been changed to make him look kof though...
i see...thanks

i'll find out for sure pretty soon i suppose

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Fran:
NeoDragoN:
Fran:

weird eh?

shiki,excellent choice

genjuro = genius

that is,

that aside,
hold on hold on
i wasnt being "positive"
i was only commenting about the fact they decided to include gen,shiki and quake

the game is still eiji-less,rose-less and ibuki-less

and its engine is basic as hell

my fingers are crossed though...for the sequel
oh come on don't try to get out of it now how can you saying "genjuro = genius" not be positive feedback!! :p

you looooove it!!

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Idiots;

Genjuro; At the very most, it's a slightly modified SS3/4 sprite

Earthquake: All new

Hugo: Copied from SF3, and slightly modified for this game.

Xstatic

n00b
Earthquake is gonna be my first pick (if you saw SRKs "who are you gonna pick first thread"). Beelzebubble is getting me more excited every time he talks about how fun he is to use. Does he still grab the guys face and fart or is it just simply the new projectile? Does his hard slash still have huge distance? What does he say to people (so far i only know what he says to iori)? I just cant wait!

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Xstatic ]</small>

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Xstatic:
Earthquake is gonna be my first pick (if you saw SRKs "who are you gonna pick first thread"). Beelzebubble is getting me more excited every time he talks about how fun he is to use. Does he still grab the guys face and fart or is it just simply the new projectile? Does his hard slash still have huge distance? What does he say to people (so far i only know what he says to iori)? I just cant wait!
Earthquake is cool. You can play some nasty set-up games (much like you would with Gen-an). Are you good at using Fat Bound?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Does he still grab the guys face and fart or is it just simply the new projectile?
he has that throw too..

his heavies are not really like samsho.. his normals are completely redone and he doesnt have as much range.. prolly good coz they would just lead to him being open all the time... he is faster than samsho 2 also..

Xstatic

n00b
eight one
Are you good at using Fat Bound?
what do you mean by fat bound? You mean his super in SS2 where he catches the guy out of the air? If so, yeah i know how to trap into it, but the super itself kinda stinks. His hard slash was more powerful and less punishable.

Or do you mean his fat bounce where he keeps giving the guy repeated but drops from the air? that move is only good for chip damage when the guys energy is low.

beelzebubble
his heavies are not really like samsho.. his normals are completely redone and he doesnt have as much range.. prolly good coz they would just lead to him being open all the time... he is faster than samsho 2 also..
Good stuff. Im glad hes faster. He seems to have alot of good new moves that will help him pressure and annoy people. I can just picture using this big tub of lard now. lol hes gonna be the best.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Xstatic:
eight one
Are you good at using Fat Bound?
what do you mean by fat bound? You mean his super in SS2 where he catches the guy out of the air? Or do you mean his fat bounce where he keeps giving the guy repeated butt drops from the air?
Fat Bound is the 2nd move you're describing. His super was Earth Goddamn. I'm looking forward to Earthquake, too. :D

--Chris