Comprehensive List of Sellers to Avoid

DBS

Mega Shock!!
With all of the online transactions that occur on ebay and websites, I thought it would be a good idea to create a comprehensive list of people to avoid when it comes to purchasing items online.

The only person I know about is neotokyobikerkid, AKA Japhei.

Please add to this list, but let's be 100% positive about the seller before we blacklist them.

Thanks

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
This has been attempted multiple times and usually it fizzles out. The major scammers are widely known amongst the members, and the entire board is more than willing to report new scammers and give feedback on sellers when asked.

DBS

Mega Shock!!
I'm fairly new to the boards, so I didn't know that. Well in any case, I hope its helpful for the time being.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Japhei and his thousand names... Do a search for Japhei in general discussion... stay away from him like the plague!

There are others too, but currently Japhei is the major problem at this point.

-Nick

<small>[ June 23, 2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: nruva ]</small>

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Buyrite is the other seller that gets way too many threads... please search General Discussion before asking about them, there's 20 or more pages of info already there.

daybona

Juz,
I think "world.games" is the infamous buyrite videogames. They got kicked off ebay once and came back with this name. Also other so-so sellers include "hit-japan", aka bivari, and yamatoku. Just be damn careful and ask on the forums, because I am sure there are MANY others that I don't know about.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yamatoku isnt a fucking scammer.

you GET your shit.

some neo carts have been faded and shipping is a bitch, and his merch is reall shit from yahoo.co.jp with jacked up prices, but you GET YOUR STUFF

i've gotten plenty of saturn stuff from him, nothing but good times.

daybona

Juz,
I heard some bad reports about him posting some fuzzy pics of games reported to be in excellent shape, and they were not. Not everyone cares, but some do.

rhiohki

Dodgeball Yakuza
sonic1687:

you GET your shit.

some neo carts have been faded and shipping is a bitch, and his merch is reall shit from yahoo.co.jp with jacked up prices, but you GET YOUR STUFF

Personally, I have no problems with Yamatoku. I bought a Jap Earthworm Jim 2 for the saturn. In the description he said it had a scratch. I totally forgot to ask how bad it was at the time, but when I got the game, it was the faintest scratch I have ever seen. He was honest about the condition and I received my game on time. I have no problems with him...just my 2 cents

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
For what it's worth I've had many a good transaction with Yamatoku. It's Salvarou you have to watch for his condition descriptions. I've been screwed twice by Salvarou.

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
If you are a collector just buy from Solvarou when the game is rated as “like new”, if it says mint you will be playing the wheel of fortune.

In fact I will suggest you to always contact the seller first, specially Japanese ones. Japanese sellers are reputed to be great, and sell well cared item and bla bla, but the ones selling at e-bay... man that’s another story.

DBS

Mega Shock!!
I received Art of Fighting 2 from Solvarou today. I was actually suprised at how well the cart looked. Everything was actually better than described. I would feel very comfortable buying from him again.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
rhiohki:
sonic1687:

you GET your shit.

Personally, I have no problems with Yamatoku. I bought a Jap Earthworm Jim 2 for the saturn. In the description he said it had a scratch. I totally forgot to ask how bad it was at the time, but when I got the game, it was the faintest scratch I have ever seen. He was honest about the condition and I received my game on time. I have no problems with him...just my 2 cents
I still like your sig :)

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Pep:
Japanese sellers are reputed to be great, and sell well cared item and bla bla, but the ones selling at e-bay... man that’s another story.
That's true...

There's always Yahoo! Japan auctions or private sellers one can turn to online.

Ebay sure is risky for NEO•GEO...

daybona

Juz,
Solvaru gave me a good price and fast shipping for kof 97, but when I got it, the outer plastic that covers the insert was stretched. The game was definitely not "excellent" as he had listed, but aside from that, the cart was good, and I'm not super picky about condition as long as it is complete and it plays.

waku7

Dodgeball Yakuza
World.games is a FRENCH SELLER, no link with buyrite.

Aslan11 is a good scammer, he sells boots, stated original.
Avoid Him.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Pep:
If you are a collector just buy from Solvarou when the game is rated as “like new”, if it says mint you will be playing the wheel of fortune.

In fact I will suggest you to always contact the seller first, specially Japanese ones. Japanese sellers are reputed to be great, and sell well cared item and bla bla, but the ones selling at e-bay... man that’s another story.
I've dealt with two Japanese sellers and both have excellent service. I just pre-ordered some Guilty Gear XX figurines on Ebay from JACK ECCS and I was just notified that they shipped on the 30th.

So no complaints from me. :)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
You get your shit from Yamatoku, but that doesnt change the fact he has a bad attitude towards his customers.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
You get your shit from Yamatoku, but that doesnt change the fact he has a bad attitude towards his customers.
how so?

although i've never had a complaint so i wouldnt know.

I just got my neo controller from Hit-Japan... Ultra fast shipping, the joystick which has been sold to me as used could easily pass as mint. I`m happy!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
AVOID:

YAMATOKU

this guy is such an ass to people that I just flat out discourage people from ever dealing with him. In the neo geo community, there are people that actually understand what to look for in grading a game - he is not one fo them. He has no clue. His only thought each day is "how can I ass rape more stupid westerners today?" Anyone that likes buying from him is a poofter.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
EvilWasabi:
AVOID:

YAMATOKU

this guy is such an ass to people that I just flat out discourage people from ever dealing with him. In the neo geo community, there are people that actually understand what to look for in grading a game - he is not one fo them. He has no clue. His only thought each day is "how can I ass rape more stupid westerners today?" Anyone that likes buying from him is a poofter.
I'm confused, is this one person, or a company? If it's one person, is he (she?) Japanese or a Westerner?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
IMO, the reason why attempts to build such blacklists failed can be found in this thread. Take Yamatoku, some say he'd be okay, some say he'd be a scammer. Why? Because there's no common definiton of "scammer", specially not in the Neo community. One man's minty cart is another man's beaten POS.

Kevin Paul

Overtop Pathfinder
Well, I sent the guy via paypal $800+, and I still haven't gotten the items. I'm starting to wonder. Seriously, threads like this should get restarted because I'm new, and if I'd known I would've stayed away. I'm extremely wary about buying from E-Bay and places like Buyrite. It's either going to be a good experience or bad one, depending on if they get off their asses.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i've never bought anything ngh related off ebay (which means not from yamatoku)

i probably would only reccomend buy neo items form the neo store, stores of members here, ncs, and the selling forum, its just that kind of 1 on 1 that you need with neo items that you cant get through ebay.