Clint's Request?

as i have been reading all the wonderful comments posted about clint, i have come across a few mentions of clint promising to send his neo-geo stuff to someone...if anyone has any info about this, could they post it or link me to it or email me or whatever? thanks...

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
The only thing I ever heard him mention, was auctioning it off and use that to pay for funeral costs/donate it to cystic fybrosis foundation spock .

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
He always said he'd send me his NTM - no word of a lie.

But I couldn't possibly take it. no

aria

Former Moderator
I personally don't remember him posting anything about giving it away either. Of course, that only goes for these forums. If there's any doubt as to the forums (especially considering his post count was up there), you could try using the search feature to narrow down by subject word and by member number.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
c.t.h:
The only thing I ever heard him mention, was auctioning it off and use that to pay for funeral costs/donate it to cystic fybrosis foundation spock .
Good god, I had no idea he even had this, nevermind was talking about his death because of it. That's soooo damn sad.

Spike

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
I personally like the idea...

If his family doesn't want to keep it (I think I would, just to remember him, but that's their choice) I think it would be neat to let some of his friends have a chance to get it and help a worthy cause. I know I'd bid on it.

But then again, I don't even think we should go into this here, it's the familie's choice, and it isn't really any of our business.

KOF_FANATIK

Astra Superstar
it sucks to read this, i hope if his family decides to sell his items that it helps you out in the future. I know many members would love to pay top dollar for his neo items, so that they have something to cherish him by. i hope the money helps out with everything :(
god bless his family though also. :)

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: KOF_FANATIK ]</small>

Bobak:
I personally don't remember him posting anything about giving it away either. Of course, that only goes for these forums. If there's any doubt as to the forums (especially considering his post count was up there), you could try using the search feature to narrow down by subject word and by member number.
I think it was in the suggestion forum, that Jig and Shawn agreed that Shawn would sell Jig's stuff in the Neo Store and donate all the money from sales to the foundation. I am almost positive that Jigen posted something of the sort. But an auction for his stuff would probably generate more money for the foundation.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I specifically remember Clint saying that he wanted Shawn to sell his Neo items, and for the proceeds to go to the CF foundation. I think it's a great idea, and I also think an auction would be a great idea, the more money going to the foundation the better.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000395#000000" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000395#000000</a>

edit: After reading through the thread, I wonder if my cousin ever met Clint. He mentioned he was going to St. Louis to get tested and put on the doner list, that's where my cousin pretty much lives now to be close to probably the same hospital he went to. She had her lung transplants there as well.

I'll have to ask next time I see her.

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: buttasuperb ]</small>

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Expanding upon this idea we could all donate items to the neostore and have them auctioned off for charity. It would definitely be going towards a worthy cause.

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Sounds like a fine idea to me. I'm sure I can come up with something to contribute.

Hitmanxlt

Cham Cham's Banana
I like the idea of donating stuff to the store to sell for the CF fund, though I have very little of significance to donate....Maybe we could start up a fund to donate to Cf? possibly a paypal account to send donations to?

Robyn

Formerlyinmemoryofclint
hey yall thanks for posting i'm robin, clints littlest sister and we still haven't auctioned it off but for good reasons.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
inmemoryofclint said:
hey yall thanks for posting i'm robin, clints littlest sister and we still haven't auctioned it off but for good reasons.

Hello, you tried to talk to me about something on AIM about a year ago. I sent you an email but your other brother got it. I don't think that you ever got back to me. I will send you a PM. I am wondering what you wanted to talk with me about...

Marek

Banned
Makismo said:
Hello, you tried to talk to me about something on AIM about a year ago. I sent you an email but your other brother got it. I don't think that you ever got back to me. I will send you a PM. I am wondering what you wanted to talk with me about...

^^ Quit being creepy.

As for an auction/sale for charity. Thats the best idea Ive heard in a long time. It would be an honor to participate.

-joseph

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
The Populous... said:
^^ Quit being creepy.

As for an auction/sale for charity. Thats the best idea Ive heard in a long time. It would be an honor to participate.

-joseph

I wasn't trying to be "creepy." She wanted to talk with me about something a long time ago and I have been wondering what she wanted. Anyway, I think that the family is attached to his Neo Geo stuff because it is something that he enjoyed during his lifetime. I bet that they don't want to part with his stuff because it reminds them of him. However, the Neo Geo market has been going down lately so if they are going to sell - I would do it soon. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of his stuff...

Besides, it would be going for a good cause and that is what is most important here. I used to work for a children's hospital here in Dallas so I know how hard it is for a family to lose someone close to them. I lost my grandmother recently so I do understand loss. Thanks for your time.