I thought Shawn had exclusive on US Matrimelee

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I never saw it officially mentioned and may have misread what a post of his but I thought Shawn stated he was the only game in town to have the US Matrimelee. I got an e-mail from Buy-Wrong today and saw this...

************* Power Instinct 4: Matrimelee **************
Neo Geo Cart (US) $319.99 USA or japanese $299.99
<a href="http://www.buyritegames.com/search.asp?s=ng-powinst" target="_blank">http://www.buyritegames.com/search.asp?s=ng-powinst</a>

spock

Even though Shawn is $6 higher than their price, I'll happily pay it once I get enough to buy the cart (SvC comes first :) ).

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Even if Buy-Wrong was cheaper, you'd probably have to wait 2 months for it to get shipped and shipping would end up being 40 dollars.

They don't call it "Buy-Wrong" for no reason.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
the roker:
Even if Buy-Wrong was cheaper, you'd probably have to wait 2 months for it to get shipped and shipping would end up being 40 dollars.

They don't call it "Buy-Wrong" for no reason.
That is if they ever ship your game...

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
They probably buy a lot of copies from Shawn to get a discount and then sell it to get a little proffit.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Master Giby:
They probably buy a lot of copies from Shawn to get a discount and then sell it to get a little proffit.
Or a big profit considering that half the orders will never be shipped.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
How in the hell are the still in business, haven't they been reported to the BBB?

Shawn

snkusa.com
Just because Neo-Geo.com exclusively distributed the previous 7 English home cartridge releases does not mean that other retailers cannot stock (purchase at wholesale) and offer English version home cartridges themselves.

As far as I’m aware, Buy-Rite has legitimately stocked the previous English home cartridge releases. No complaint from my perspective.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
They do purchase the English carts from you don't they.

Cole

Kin Cle, ,
Master Giby:
How in the hell are the still in business, haven't they been reported to the BBB?
Yup, take a look at <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=009203" target="_blank">this thread</a>. It's mind boggling.. "The Bureau processed 235 complaints about this company in the last 36 months."

Very sad.

And you know for every thing submitted to the BBB there were a couple more who didn't report or just didn't know how to report it. oh_no

Shawn

snkusa.com
Master Giby:
The Neo Store commits to hold all customer information securely and privately. We do not sell or share our customer information with anyone. All transactions are considered confidential in nature.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Originally posted by Master Giby:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Neo Store commits to hold all customer information securely and privately. We do not sell or share our customer information with anyone. All transactions are considered confidential in nature.
...which basically means "You betcha", right? Just out of curiousity...wat are the profit margins on each game? About $60 on a new title or more?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Buy rite can slide down my shaft. Man anyone who doesnt respect there customers needs a good dental rearrangement.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
This whole thread is a "non-issue". What difference does it make as long as the game is released in it's LEGITIMATE English Format??
Things used to operate this way...
JAPAN ships large quantity to SNKUSA.SNKUSA wholesales to retail clients.
The difference between SNKUSA and Neo-Geo.COM is we have the luxury of interacting on thee largest NEO GEO ONLY dedicated forums as well as having access to a competent,efficient sales area.
The old SNKUSA provided neither.
-BB

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</small>

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Gaston:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...which basically means "You betcha", right? Just out of curiousity...wat are the profit margins on each game? About $60 on a new title or more?
Any businessman in his right mind would never divulge such information to the public, so don't expect an answer.

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: NeoLord ]</small>

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
NeoLord:
Gaston:

A businessman would never divulge such information to the public, so don't expect an answer.
annoyed glee

†B†V†

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Bluevoodu:
NeoLord:
Gaston:

A businessman would never divulge such information to the public, so don't expect an answer.
annoyed glee

†B†V†
:p :rolleyes:

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
NeoLord:
Gaston:

Any businessman in his right mind would never divulge such information to the public, so don't expect an answer.
wink mr_t

†B†V†

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
Whoa peeps let's chill a little. If the stock came from Shawn, that's fine. I really don't care if Buy-Rite is one of his clients or not. If it is from Shawn, at least I know the stock is legit :) .

My concern was I thought Shawn and Playmore had some sort of Neo Store exclusive deal worked out for the US version (going off a post of his I read a while back). It could very well be I'm in the wrong and I'm sorry to Shawn if my post has caused any trouble for you as it was really not my intent. I just saw their e-mail and jumped the gun thinking "Those dirty snakes how in the blue blazes did they get their hands on those?!" If they did come from Shawn then it's all good. Capitalism is capitalism after all :D .

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
Hikaru Ichijyo:
Whoa peeps let's chill a little. If the stock came from Shawn, that's fine. I really don't care if Buy-Rite is one of his clients or not. If it is from Shawn, at least I know the stock is legit :) .

My concern was I thought Shawn and Playmore had some sort of Neo Store exclusive deal worked out for the US version (going off a post of his I read a while back). It could very well be I'm in the wrong and I'm sorry to Shawn if my post has caused any trouble for you as it was really not my intent. I just saw their e-mail and jumped the gun thinking "Those dirty snakes how in the blue blazes did they get their hands on those?!" If they did come from Shawn then it's all good. Capitalism is capitalism after all :D .
That may very well be true, Shawn does have exclusive distribution rights from Playmore for US releases. Buy-rite may just be getting their stock from Shawn, so in essence, Shawn is the distributor and Buy-Rite just ends up being just another retailer buying multiple copies from him to resell. No more different than another individual buying the copy off Shawn directly. Buy-Rite is just another regular joe buying copies from Shawn as well. This theory could possibly true as well, since Buy-Rite more than likely buying in BULK, some price arrangement may have been reached because the purchase is in bulk. You as individual possibly could make this arrangement as well so long as you are buying in BULK. Heaven forbid, Japhei might be doing this right now, gonna buy svc chaos in BULK for possibly a much lesser price then resell his "stock" at 500% markup claiming it will be rare... scary thought, isn't it? :o

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
evasyar:
Hikaru Ichijyo:

That may very well be true, Shawn does have exclusive distribution rights from Playmore for US releases. Buy-rite may just be getting their stock from Shawn, so in essence, Shawn is the distributor and Buy-Rite just ends up being just another retailer buying multiple copies from him to resell. No more different than another individual buying the copy off Shawn directly. Buy-Rite is just another regular joe buying copies from Shawn as well. This theory could possibly true as well, since Buy-Rite more than likely buying in BULK, some price arrangement may have been reached because the purchase is in bulk. You as individual possibly could make this arrangement as well so long as you are buying in BULK. Heaven forbid, Japhei might be doing this right now, gonna buy svc chaos in BULK for possibly a much lesser price then resell his "stock" at 500% markup claiming it will be rare... scary thought, isn't it? :o
nah its just business :D

certain individuals... yes that is scary LOL.

†B†V†

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
evasyar:
Heaven forbid, Japhei might be doing this right now, gonna buy svc chaos in BULK for possibly a much lesser price then resell his "stock" at 500% markup claiming it will be rare... scary thought, isn't it? o
That's why I would rather do business with someone like Shawn or Bluevoodoo. Buy-Rite is too risky to deal with and Japhei has too many complaints under his belt to be taken seriously.

<small>[ June 19, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: NeoLord ]</small>

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
quote:
Originally posted by Gaston:

quote:

I know that he won't but why not try. Every company has to come up with end of year results and NEoGeo.com is also subject to this rule. So if I really would like to know how much profit NG.com has made in the past, then I could go and look it up somewhere. But actually I don't really care that much. Just the fact that he has exclusive rights on titles means that he could (if he wanted) drive the prices right up. Maybe the developers have an agreement with Mr Mcclesky not to go below a certain prive level until a certain period has passed or until a certain number of copies have shifted. I would like to know how Shawn has secured this deal? As you all would lie to I guess.

Anyway, I will still buy AES games if I like them, even if they do cost $325 a pop...

Shawn:
Master Giby:
Hey, Shawn's the man. <Tips hat>

EssenceK

n00b
I know that he won't but why not try. Every company has to come up with end of year results and NEoGeo.com is also subject to this rule.]
If you're a publically owned company, sure. But last time I checked, you couldn't buy stock in The Neo Store...

Private companies may have to disclose that information to the government for regulatory/tax purposes... but they do not have to disclose Profit and Loss statements, etc.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Gaston:
quote:
Originally posted by Gaston:

quote:

I know that he won't but why not try. Every company has to come up with end of year results and NEoGeo.com is also subject to this rule. So if I really would like to know how much profit NG.com has made in the past, then I could go and look it up somewhere. But actually I don't really care that much. Just the fact that he has exclusive rights on titles means that he could (if he wanted) drive the prices right up. Maybe the developers have an agreement with Mr Mcclesky not to go below a certain prive level until a certain period has passed or until a certain number of copies have shifted. I would like to know how Shawn has secured this deal? As you all would lie to I guess.

Anyway, I will still buy AES games if I like them, even if they do cost $325 a pop...