SVC Chaos may not come to Aes!?!?!?!?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I just got off the phone with playmore's headquarters in Osaka. It seems that they said (my japanese skills are lacking) that Svc Chaos may not come to the home console! oh_no They said that it is only a possibility and not priority. maybe if many of us e-mail them requesting the release date for the home cart it will motivate them into production......I know that manipulating their marketing is wrong, but hey, i'm an aes collector wink . I'm really stressing out right now as I really can't afford the $1,850 for the mvs cart on the release date and I fear I lack the patience to wait until a drastic price drop occurs.

<small>[ June 17, 2003, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

The Auction Sniper

Host for Orochi
Have Playmore lost their minds?!

They give us RoTD, and Matrimelee, but why wouldn't they deliver a game they know will sell like hotcakes?

I hope they do release it for AES...

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I had the same thought....I'm going to call the Tokyo office right now. I'll be sure to give an update on their info immediately.

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
OMG OMG!!

That cant happen..

if so iam gonna have to get a phantom 1, and save.
:confused:

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
The Tokyo office just told me to call the Osaka headquarters........ crying

dredgulus

Crazed MVS Addict
Not to start a flame war here, but if SvC:Chaos is on "hybrid board", would it be plausible the Neo-Geo could not run the game. It would be like running a CPS III game on a CPS II board. Not saying it couldn't be done, but you would have the loss in power to produce the graphics and such. Time to get out of my analyctical thinking. I hope this is truly a rumor.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
They confirmed the mvs release.....The aes uses the same chipset.

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
Well if it does not come our for Homecart
lot of people are gonna be some mad!!!

well hopefully it will come, there is no reason
playmore wont release it after the MVS.

People dig this game!!.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Feel free to call the osaka office. I'm sure that they have to have one employee that knows a little english. I suggest you dial 10-10-345, then the number, as it will save you quite a bit on the call.
[011]+81-6-6339-6362

TriShield

Host for Orochi
I'm not buying this.

It'll be released for the console just like all the other games this past year.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Don't shoot the messenger, This is what I was told on the phone less than 30 minutes ago. I posted the number if you wish to call. It's not like they confirmed that there will be no aes release, just that there may not be.

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
i think it would be dumb for playmore to not realese it on homecart since it is a loss of alot of revunue i am sure if shawn started taking presells for this game english or japanese it would be close to the numbers but put it this way if someone preorders a product and meets his demand it gives the manufater faith in realesing more pruducts to that system so for all of you planning on getting the aes version you should preorder as soon as it is availble since i think this will sell out and not see a price drop.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I am fully willing to place a preorder in a heartbeat! How long before a release does shawn usually post a preorder?

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
I have been told by another source that it WILL be released AES .

and in a couple of months nonetheless .

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
If this is really true, I promise I will never touch a new home release again.

blow_top

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
For some reason I always thought there was something different about SvC based on how they are handling the release, etc. At first I thought I was going to be developed with next gen hardware then when MVS was confirmed I thought it wouldn't be released for AES. Dunno why I just did so this news doesn't really suprise me.

Maybe it has something to do with copyrights with Capcom or whatever. Maybe they only had a deal for a release on arcade hardware. Maybe the MVS kit will come with a simple modification to the MVS board itself, like an external chip that plug or wires onto something on the PCB. Something like this wouldn't be possible with the home console (they will not endorse taking consoles apart, etc).

Plus I'm not so sure how profitable their AES releases are for them. I mean after everything is said and done they have dumped a ton of man hours and spent money on the materials, printing, whatever else then they sell 600 of them for who knows how much. A bulk purchase that sells $300 apiece retail? My guess is Playmore prolly sees less than $200 per piece so after all that they get enough to pay some hotshot's salary for a year.

Meh whatever.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
hahaha the messenger. Man why would they openly say they are releasing the game? Hell, the interview that was released on the net was the same way... IE: "We cannot comment at this time" type attitude.
Thats how companies function. Everyone is after money and it can be a jeopardy if info is released. Any smart business would never flush out info over the phone like that. Also: The way they responded to you clearly implied they wanted to keep it under wraps.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
hahaha the messenger. Man why would they openly say they are releasing the game? Hell, the interview that was released on the net was the same way... IE: "We cannot comment at this time" type attitude.
Thats how companies function. Everyone is after money and it can be a jeopardy if info is released. Any smart business would never flush out info over the phone like that. Also: The way they responded to you clearly implied they wanted to keep it under wraps.
Yeah, I guess letting people know if a game is going to come out would lose them profit.....I'm just saying that your logic is there, but mvs and aes go hand in hand so it wouldn't "flush out the info". -The big toilet

<small>[ June 18, 2003, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

S

Simbob4000

Could capcom and not playmore be releasing it for home console they are Publishing the game after all.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
OK, not to derail the panic thread, but I think you confused them on the phone... When you said home system, most likely that meant XBox and PS2 to them, not Neo Geo Home System. I asked a similar question at E3, and they said... "Coming to Neo Geo, home system later..." I think it is a language barrier thing... besides, Shawn has run other games on Home Cart that weren't going to get released... so stop the hysteria, and stop bugging the poor receptionist at Playmore... when was the last time someone at the desk knew what was going on in the dev departments anyway... Chock it up to a language barrier and hysteria...

-Nick

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
nruva:
and stop bugging the poor receptionist at Playmore...
-Nick
Lol, It's her job to be bugged! She didn't get hired to play computer solitare.

<small>[ June 18, 2003, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>