Important Info for all Matrimelee MVS owners! How to get the correct Music!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
OK guys... I got Matrimelee today... and, well I had heard I would be missing out on a lot of the soundtrack because I had a Euro board... but I had no idea... MAN THIS SUCKED! No vocals and lame ass music... So... I put in a uni-bios... switched it to Japanese... I HAVE FULL MUSIC AND IT ROCKS... but wait... now all the text is in Japanese crying This blows cause they have some good stuff to say between fights.

OK, must find a compromise... Well... I did. Folks, there is a way to get full vocals on the English/Euro Bios systems... And it is simple. Hit the test switch and go to the last soft dip for Matrimelee. It will say:

OK, so, not thinking it would work I toggled it to USA... Well hit me with a fucking stick... I now had full vocals! I pulled out the Uni-Bios and replaced it with a SP-S2 to make sure it wasn't the uni storing some old setting... It still worked!

I have played this through tonight many times, I have every song here... The Masked Rider song, the French Fry song, the Love Ballad fight song, the Alien song, The Rock song Debu... etc, etc... They are all here... and I can read what they are saying!

I have no idea why by default these vocal tracks are turned off.. no wait it is more than that, the music is piss poor when it is sent to others, it is not even like it is the instrumental tracks of the others, it is the same 4 songs over and over... This changed the game unbelievably!

Home users, sorry... I don't know how you could do this, but I may play in the uni and see if I can find something. All MVS users on a Euro/US system... switch to country USA now! Hehe!

As for the game... unbelievable... one of the best new Neo games I have had in a long time. It may loose its fun after a while, but I am having a blast with it tonight! And.. being a music lover, I play just to hear/see the next song... AMAZING... And it plays great!

ANYWAY...

-Nick

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I can't believe no-one has replied to this yet! I had heard something about the music being crap when in English mode, and that really made me unhappy because I've been looking forward to hearing the music in this game quite a lot.

Hopefully I am going to get the cart soon (just trying to decide on what to do about SvC wink ), so I'm really happy that you found a solution for uni-bios owners. Hope somebody finds some way around it for people with the home system though eek! . To be honest, I think it is totally dumb that they did this in the first place.

Kaz

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Kazuya_UK:
I can't believe no-one has replied to this yet! I had heard something about the music being crap when in English mode, and that really made me unhappy because I've been looking forward to hearing the music in this game quite a lot.

Hopefully I am going to get the cart soon (just trying to decide on what to do about SvC wink ), so I'm really happy that you found a solution for uni-bios owners. Hope somebody finds some way around it for people with the home system though eek! . To be honest, I think it is totally dumb that they did this in the first place.

Kaz
Just to Clarify, you do not need a Uni-BIOS to get this to work, simply change the Country setting to USA... not Others... which it is by default.

AND YES, this was completly stupid on Noise Factory's fault, however, I know how it goes. Some manager somewhere said that the Others setting will not have voices... cause people won't understand them outside of Japan... And the developers probably got pissed, but what can you do... I mean, to do all this work and then have people not hear it!!! Doesn't sound like a development move... more like some idiot manager who is completly out of touch with the whole process...

-Nick

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Yeah, that's how it usually goes unfortunately :mad:

Anyways - in your opinion, do you think it would be worth me getting this cart now and just saving money like crazy until I can get SvC? (which may be some time considering the price will probably stay high for a while)

I am dying to play Matrimelee and haven't forgotten it in all the SvC hype... but I just don't know what to do at the moment :) If I just had crazy cash to blow on anything at the moment I would get both, but I can't afford it crying

Kaz

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Get Matrimelee Kaz, thats what I'm doing, SvC is gonna be REALLY ridiculous for a while...

...I'm gonna wait until about August before I actually plunk down any money for the cart.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, I have been told that this game was a real limited run, like Prehistoric Isle 2 limited run... and you know how fun it is to find that game now. So, it is going to drop some more in price, but I doubt it will ever go sub-$150. Also.. it is good, damn good actually. One of the best fighters I have played in a while, and I am surprised I like it this much.

To be honest, when are you going to buy SvsC... if you are like me and you are waiting for the MVS cart to drop... then Christmas or beyond. I am not even thinking SvC right now because it is so far off for me. Matrimelee is hitting sub $300, still kind of high... I bought it from a member here shipped for $259, which I thought was a steal. It was a little high, but I know this game is limited (and SvC deffinetly will not be) and figured might as well get it and enjoy it now, then pay just about the same price later and have to search for a copy wink

Just my thoughts of course...

-Nick

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
does it really play like an old school fighter? as slow as ffs?
how does it compare to ww7 and breakers? is it really worth it?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
supergoose79:
does it really play like an old school fighter? as slow as ffs?
how does it compare to ww7 and breakers? is it really worth it?
Breakers and Waku Waku 7 are great examples... it plays like a mix between the two. It is fast and furious at times, violent, cool, rediculous... but a lot of fun. There are so many things to do, taunting could lead to quicktime events, call in the ref who enters the ring and can be used for attacks, every character plays different and is interesting. This is a top tier game. I am really impressed... sure, it has flaws, but you know what, you won't care... it is just that much fun to play!

-Nick

aria

Former Moderator
Damn it, I'm stuck with the US-suck music.

C'mon Playmore, this is insulting! After all that input on the insert they go and kick us in the gut like this. Music is a substantial part of the game and all English Cart purchasers were short changed. They should be ashamed.

<small>[ June 17, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Bobak ]</small>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bobak:

C'mon Playmore, this is insulting! After all that input on the insert they go and kick us in the gut like this. Music is a substantial part of the game and all English Cart purchasers were short changed. They should be ashamed.
So I take it you went with the home cart version of this game then :o Well, there still may be a way to get the music. Is there a language setting in Options? Try toggling it and see if you get any results... they are pretty dramatic, you will know right away.

-Nick

bulletnyourass

noble trader
nruva:
Bobak:

So I take it you went with the home cart version of this game then :o Well, there still may be a way to get the music. Is there a language setting in Options? Try toggling it and see if you get any results... they are pretty dramatic, you will know right away.

-Nick
Nick,

I was thinking about picking up a copy of Matrimelee. I have a JPN Home System with Debug Bios. I was wondering if you knew if your same idea worked on a modded JPN system. Have you heard info from any members?

Phillip

aria

Former Moderator
nruva:
Yup, it's the home cart. Unfortunately, while I remember an options screen, I never checked it out. My home system is in storage and I played it for the first time over at Master Giby's place -we just played versus.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
thx, Nick. guess, i'll have a closer look at it as soon as the price hits the $150 mark.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bulletnyourass:
nruva:
Bobak:

-Nick
Nick,

I was thinking about picking up a copy of Matrimelee. I have a JPN Home System with Debug Bios. I was wondering if you knew if your same idea worked on a modded JPN system. Have you heard info from any members?

Phillip
In Japanese mode it should be perfectly fine... the problem is in Home US/Euro mode it appears. If you want the English text, I would recommend setting the console to MVS and doing the method I said above, setting Country to USA... and it should work fine. wink

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bobak:
nruva:
Yup, it's the home cart. Unfortunately, while I remember an options screen, I never checked it out. My home system is in storage and I played it for the first time over at Master Giby's place -we just played versus.
I took the Uni-BIOS back out of my MVS... I will have to put it in and play around in Home mode... don't feel like pulling the board out and unscrewing it now though wink I'll do it this weekend... can any US home system user have a look... it just might work!

-Nick

dave6479

Rugal's Thug
What about the english home cart. If I put my modded system in Jap mode will it have the better sound? spock

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Sorry to hijack your thread Nick. I just want to get one thing clarified -- the music isn't really "missing" on the US homecart right? It's just turned off, so to speak, right? So if I buy a US homecart and stick it in a JPN cart machine, it'll play with all the music right? I've never heard of a US cart with any data missing, I just wanted to make sure....

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Galford and Dave... I think you are asking the same question... I am not 100% sure, but pretty sure that it is only a bios issue. Galford you are right, normally the only difference between the US and Japanese carts is the sticker and insert. For example, my cart is a US Matrimelee MVS cart... so, I can confirm that it is indeed on that US cart!

Plus, it would make more sense to do one run of carts and then just two print runs... so... I am pretty sure if you take a US cart and put it into a Japanese or moded system it will work perfectly fine with the music!

-Nick

Nomax

Kula's Candy
Is there something else than music that changes when you change that softdip from "others" to "USA" on an Euro board? Like censorship, FBI screen or something?

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The US home cart does have the music. You just have to play it in a japanese or modded system. I have the US cart and the japanese system and I get the best of both worlds. The great music and the engrish.

A WINNER IS WHOM!

lol

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I think you guys have persuaded me... I'm just gonna get Matrimelee as soon as possible and then save like crazy until I can afford SvC :)

Neo is costing me way too much lately - just bought tons of new MVS carts (getting Ninja Masters soon as well, can't wait! :) ) and I'm probably going to be buying a new MVS at some point real soon. I'm crazy... but then again, aren't we all? wink

Kaz

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
Good choice Kaz, I'm in a little financial whirl right now due to the problems with the cab I bought, so my priority list looks like this:

1. KOF 2000 MVS
2. Transmission Flush for my car.
3. New Arcade Monitor (unless someone in the Washington D.C area is interested in buying a fully functional 4-slot MVS Big Red with a burned monitor...I'll even throw in Puzzle Bobble 2 :) )
4. Matrimelee MVS
100297564. Vasectomy
100297565. Consider possibility of buying SvC for MVS.