Brikinger MVS Cart on Ebay!

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2735101716&category=8107" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2735101716&category=8107</a>

Pity the picture link is broken :/

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
There is a thread about this in General Topics... The seller will not provide pictures for personal reasons (whatever those are), he will only accept cash or a bank transfer, and... well, if you want to bid, good luck.

-Nick

aria

Former Moderator
That sounds like it could too easily turn out to be a scam.

Caveat Emptor. My recommendation is not bid unless there's an original picture.

S

Sami Mannila

If someone here lives near him, go to him and see if he really has the cart. It seems fishy that he does not provide any pictures..

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
Fishy as it may be-some people STILL decided to bid up to $2980... oh_no

Seems as if the MVS-scene has its own KIZUNA/Holy grail now! smirk

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Herzog Drei:

Easier to make fake ones as there are no instruction manuals for MVS games.

Marquees ? the seller could ever claim it's a bare cart and that's all. wink

MVS ? Easy to fake, using real looks.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Herzog Drei:

To me, a legitimate prototype is about a thousand times more interesting, more important, and more valuable than a "Euro Kizuna Encounter," which at the end of the day is just a rare version of a released game.

Whether or not this Brikinger is legit, who knows.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Geddon_jt:
Herzog Drei:

To me, a legitimate prototype is about a thousand times more interesting, more important, and more valuable than a "Euro Kizuna Encounter," which at the end of the day is just a rare version of a released game.

But here is my problem, Iron Clad is a released game, just not on MVS. You can still play it on CD, unlike Ghost Lop or Fun Fun Bros. The price was way to high for me, but I would have had a go at it... ah well, I still have my CD of it I bought for $100... hehe,

-Nick

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
nruva:
Geddon_jt:
Herzog Drei:

But here is my problem, Iron Clad is a released game, just not on MVS. You can still play it on CD, unlike Ghost Lop or Fun Fun Bros. The price was way to high for me, but I would have had a go at it... ah well, I still have my CD of it I bought for $100... hehe,

-Nick
Well, you have a point. I suppose I was speaking about protos more generally.
Personally, I consider cartridge versions of CD-Exclusive games to be "unreleased games." Probably because Ive never owned a CD system, so to me, it doesn't "count." LOL. wink Seriously though, the cartridge format is the most popular and widely circulated (and dumpable), so its just as important to find these games on cartridge, if they are out there.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Geddon_jt:
nruva:
Geddon_jt:
Herzog Drei:

-Nick
Well, you have a point. I suppose I was speaking about protos more generally.
Personally, I consider cartridge versions of CD-Exclusive games to be "unreleased games." Probably because Ive never owned a CD system, so to me, it doesn't "count." LOL. wink Seriously though, the cartridge format is the most popular and widely circulated (and dumpable), so its just as important to find these games on cartridge, if they are out there.
I agree with you on that...

-Nick

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Zintrick was put out on a cart. From a rom,
maybe, who knows. So, why couldn't a Brikinger chip be made from a rom and put into an MVS board also? Who truly can say if it is real?

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
Neo Fan:
Zintrick was put out on a cart. From a rom,
maybe, who knows. So, why couldn't a Brikinger chip be made from a rom and put into an MVS board also? Who truly can say if it is real?
Zintrick was converted data from CD(!) to cart-our boards very own Jeff Kurtz did this 'wonder'. wink

Until the buyer himself claims to have this (working) MVS in his own hands,this auction is just hot air. spock

There always were rumors about a(one?) MVS-version of Brikinger,though,so this COULD be for real.

I definitely hope it for the buyer... smirk
And yes,it would beat Kizuna any time in terms of rarity! drool

<small>[ June 18, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Herzog Drei ]</small>

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well no one mentioned it, but the Brikinger MVS cart ended at 2,511 Euros and sold to a newbie with a feedback of 1. The seller of this game could certainly have gotten more money for this if he had provided pictures of the game, as it is pretty clear that no veteran Ebayers trusted him at all. What a moron . . . oh_no

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
I will go ahead and say that the winner was another account of the seller.

No real game was ever on auction.
Just like all his NEW collection without pics he tried to sell.

I was informed by some german members he could have done all to brag about his stuff..

Well how can you brag about something which you do not show evidence of having?

Maybe he was just testing the waters to see how much he can rake if he gets one from somewhere?

BAH, whatever he tried to do is pretty stupid.

FTL:

I was informed by some german members he could have done all to brag about his stuff..

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
FTL:

Don't you need to pay quite a high fee if your auction finishes with a winning bid of that much?
Pretty stupid thing to do... oh_no I guess he would fill a non-paying bidder report.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The game is not all the great anyway...I'm sure anybody that has purchased the over hyped CD version can see this..
I'm sure people will disagree wih me but I found the game focus more on trying to be different from the rest than making it fun to play.
I'm not a huge shooters fan anway but you'll never read about me dissing games like Axelay,Radiant Silvergun,Last Resort,Salamander and Terra Cresta.
-BB

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu Pretty stupid thing to do... oh_no I guess he would fill a non-paying bidder report.
i'm not quite sure, but i thought, that you don't have to pay, if the winning bidder backs out.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
BIG BEAR:
The game is not all the great anyway...I'm sure anybody that has purchased the over hyped CD version can see this..
I'm sure people will disagree wih me but I found the game focus more on trying to be different from the rest than making it fun to play.
I'm not a huge shooters fan anway but you'll never read about me dissing games like Axelay,Radiant Silvergun,Last Resort,Salamander and Terra Cresta.
-BB
But, I am a mech fan...and OK, you are right, it isn't the best... but it is very cool if you are into mechs.

-Nick

AnTi

be very careful dealing with me.

haha , Simon sounds like your being jealous.

but serious, i know Shou very well , and if he says that he has a copy of Brikkinger it is true.
same goes for his factory sealed collections , the problem is that good old Simon has no clue who he is dealing with . see there are alot of real collectors out there you have no clue of. you think you know everything , but you are wrong , your knowledge is not even 1/100 of the knowledge of collectors like Shousa.so i`d say ,you watch out who you call a liar or a scamer in future.

have a nice day

Jan