KOF 2001 is coming to your arcades thanks to Eolith

HAOHMARU

New Challenger
I didn't see this posted, so here you go. Hopefully Eolith will do a good job.

"The Korean developer Eolith announced that they have signed a deal with SNK to develop and distribute the arcade version of The King of Fighters 2001. Eolith is the developer of a series of arcade music games such as EZ2DJ." - MagicBox
http://www.geocities.com/chtang.geo/Jan/kofkorean.jpg

------------------
"The secret is simply to simplify." - Bruce Lee

www.shodown.net

K

kyoisthekof

I think I'd much rather see the same team developing the next KOF.

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Cool, now if only I can get 2000 before that one comes out!!

There was this one other company that was going to make some KOF game, I cant remember the exact name at this time but it started with a "b" I think. I got the news from KOFOnline.com, but they're updating the site, so I cant get the exact name.

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

HAOHMARU

New Challenger
Brezza? I remember hearing something about that too...lord knows where Eolith came into play with this.

They just better not ruin the series.

------------------
"The secret is simply to simplify." - Bruce Lee

www.shodown.net

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

BRUCE IS THE MAN!!!!! BE LIKE WATER MY FREIND........

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I thought Brezza was going to do it. Here's hoping that Brezza is teamed up with Eolith.

I am a bit nervous about this other company doing KOF 2001.

Jackal
gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com

Maxim

Kabuki Klasher
Brezza!! Yeah that's it...and I call my self a KOF fan...How could I forget...

------------------
"Everyone's Gonna Die!!"

C

Caris Nautilus

Brezza Soft was said to own the KOF liscense, And Brezza Soft was supposed to be owned by capcom with the EX snkERs.

Mabye this company is just going to make the game available in aracdes in korea?

------------------
psdmini.gif

http://prizmdash.cjb.net

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
More than likely, one of the two stories is BS. Either Brezza has the license and is going to make it, or SNK kept the license, and is contracting another company to make it since they lost their good developers due to their complete lack of business acumen.

-BioMotor_Unitron

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
If snk aint makin it, im not buyin it
KOF wouldnt exist without snk oh how i loathe capcom

------------------
Who comes next to be my
goat

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member

------------------
Who comes next to be my
goat

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
Does this mean that it will not be on the mvs, or is this company producing it for the mvs, anyone???..........NEONUT

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
WTF Eolith ??? never heard of that gay korea company i hope they make a good job on KOF 2001 shit i hope their not gona ruin the series

------------------
AnimationWizard2.gif

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:

Loathe Capcom? Why?

Guess who gave SNK programmers jobs when SNK went down? Capcom. I'd like to see SNK live on just as much as anyone else here, but lets be realistic: if that's going to happen, it's going to be through Capcom.

Just my two cents. Game on.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
If the former SNK programmers can continue their develpment efforts at Capcom, I think that's great. Mabe they can infuse Capcom with some SNK style.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by RyoGeo:
If the former SNK programmers can continue their develpment efforts at Capcom, I think that's great. Mabe they can infuse Capcom with some SNK style.

Right on. Did you know that many of SNK's programmers were formally from Capcom? Maybe these are some of the same that are returning. Anyway, with the integration of SNK staff, we should see some (even more) incredible talent from Capcom.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
All we can do is wait and see, but to be honest, KOF 2000 is most likely the last. I would be happy to see more, but I'm not going to BS myself!

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:

So I take it you don't like the Metal Slug games? SNK didn't make those... I would give this Eolith company a chance. Not many people like KOF2k, so maybe SNK saw they needed a change, and Eolith came along and told them they could make it awesome... Just give it a chance is all I'm saying. If this rumor is true and KOF2k1 ends up sucking, I'm sure SNK will get a new developer.

--Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
http://hivebalur.net/txk/

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I guess i can understand what you mean, but what i meant to say if it aint a neo title i aint gonabe too happy with it because i think capcom gets to much credit and after hearing kof developement team left made my decision. And can just see the future huge ugly cartoon sprites and button mashing no skill fights.

-LWK-

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Like they say, "The proof is in the pudding!" I say until we see screen shots or any kind of evidence that there is a game in development, why bother worrying if it is going to suck? Remebmer King of the Blades rumor? What ever happened there?
smile.gif

------------------
25052802.gif
Look me bouncy!!!