The Madman's Cafe has made contact with SNK Japan, and have confirmed the following.

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
1- NGF-USA has been confirmed as a licensed distributor for the home console cartridge of (English Version) King Of Fighters 2000.

2- Currently, NGF-USA is the only licensed distributor in the USA which Handles KOF2000(english consumer version). Distributors may be added or changed in the future. (Note: it seems that NGF-USA was not "licensed as an exclusive distributor" of KOF2000, but became the only distributor since no other candidates were present)

3- The number of cartridge units contracted with NGF-USA could not be confirmed by SNK Japan.

4- NGF-USA, NGF Distributors Ltd., NeoGeoFreak.com, are not a subsidiary, nor in any way related to the original magazine "NeoGeo Freak" and its publisher, Bungeisha Corp. (Headquarter:Tokyo, Japan).

SNK Japan also commented that they have been recieving a volume of inqueries by consumers, asking questions regarding the distribution of (English) KOF2000 by NGF-USA.

SNK Japan has not been aware of any "rumors" regarding their distributor, NGF-USA. For consumers with questions or complaints, feel free to contact SNK.

Mail address: (Consumer Comments + Inqueries)
consumer-request@snk.ne.jp

Phone: (International Department)
(Country Code)-6-6339-5577

While The Madman's Cafe has confirmed NGF-USA as a licensed distributor, we do not endorse transactions in any way, and will not be held responsible for results reguarding transactions.

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/news01-1-01.htm

[This message has been edited by ZERO.X (edited January 10, 2001).]

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Whatever...

They're STILL not getting my business... or 95% of the Neo Geo market's business even with this bit if information.

S

Silent_Scope

Don't give a shit about NGF.
SNK Japan is SNK Japan, that's it.
Only buy Japanese version.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Actually I look at that as great news.
For a few reasons.

1. NGF is not a exclusive distrubutor which means some other more respectable business can pick up the ball.(NCS, Shawn, Videogamedepot)

2. Mad Man cafe will not even endorse buying from them.

3. It gives me an email address to write to at snk and give them my whole oppinion on this mess.

RDS777

n00b
Assuming you know nihongo, ne?
smile.gif

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
Thanks Big Bruno!
Looking at it from the good side.....
smile.gif

I was waiting for somebody to do that...

K

kyoisthekof

I don't know guys... The asking price on NGF for Nightmare in the Dark isn't so bad. I might do it as long as it's not a paid pre-order.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by kyoisthekof:
I don't know guys... The asking price on NGF for Nightmare in the Dark isn't so bad. I might do it as long as it's not a paid pre-order.

$369.00 "isn't so bad"? When we used to pay $268 for EVERY new home cart, up until KOF 2000? Actually, 369 is VERY bad, especially for what looks to be a mediocre static screen action game. Where is that extra cost coming from, do you wonder? I'd have to say it WOULD be lining the pockets of the ambiguous duo, Chrissy and Di-Di. I say WOULD be, since you and I and everyone else knows that their precious "AES NGF OFFICIAL" home cart release will never happen, or if it does, it will be another joke ripoff like their KOF2K release. There's just too much controversy around their stuff, its all tainted and poisoned. So you know their fantasy $369, which is itself a ripoff, will soon increase (as the "release date" nears), to $399, $429, $459, $499, blah blah blah . . . we've heard it all before. No thanks, I'll take the OFFICIAL MVS release over anything they have to offer.

Watch and see . . . they just ain't got the "CRUMP" anymore . . . or maybe they actually do, and it IS the disease we've all heard about . . .
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
The price NGF has mentioned is very fair if the cart is official and not a conversion. In comparison, NCS is going to offer the MVS version for $550 and quite a few people on the mailing list seemed interested in that, so what's wrong with $369? And what's wrong with NGF making a profit? WHo's to say Apple photo sys isn't making just as big of profit or more on their NITD MVS carts? I have to agree with chimp on one thing though. This game looks like a pile. Anyone who pays more then $25 for any version of it just has money to burn...

Matt

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
The price, in part, probably has something to do with the quantity of carts made. Probably only going to be 500 or 1000 games, maybe less, so the manufacturing overhead adds up. Also, if MVS sells for $500, then no way they could make a converted cart for less. So, if $369 price holds up, that would add more proof that SNK manufactured the game.

Anthony

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Lets be glad that NGF isn't the only ones who can carry KOF 2000 USA. I still go for the Japanese versions, and I will never support NGF in anyway. Lets hope a more respectable company will carry the cart.

------------------
"The un-examined life, is a life not worth living"

K

kyoisthekof

In different ways, I agree with what everyone has said. However, I did my research before I said that the price didn't sound so bad. The price of the MVS cart outweight the price of the home cart but a bit, and NGF must be selling their games to somebody or they'd have no business period.

I've seen a lot of negative posts about NGF, and I'd be quite weary of doing business with them (especially after I renigged on an Ebay bid on one of their auctions having read said posts).

However, and I'll be honest. I'd be worried. But once I received NITD quickly, I'd buy another cart. And if that one came quickly, business would continue and so on.

That's just my feelings on it, and I'll probably let them know pretty soon that if the home release of NITD is followed through on, they've got my purchase wrapped up.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by kyoisthekof:
In different ways, I agree with what everyone has said. However, I did my research before I said that the price didn't sound so bad. The price of the MVS cart outweight the price of the home cart but a bit, and NGF must be selling their games to somebody or they'd have no business period.

I've seen a lot of negative posts about NGF, and I'd be quite weary of doing business with them (especially after I renigged on an Ebay bid on one of their auctions having read said posts).

However, and I'll be honest. I'd be worried. But once I received NITD quickly, I'd buy another cart. And if that one came quickly, business would continue and so on.

That's just my feelings on it, and I'll probably let them know pretty soon that if the home release of NITD is followed through on, they've got my purchase wrapped up.

Kyo, by all means go ahead and prebook the cart with NGF. Just don't come crying here when they jack the price up on you, or don't ship the product, or ship you a crappy home-made version of the game. We won't want to hear that kind of stuff, after you were warned.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
You know... everyone has to step back and look at themselves for one second...

Is it really THAT important to have a game that you would risk dealing with a provider that has more negative than positive responses?

Seriously, I don't think it is... why risk the money? If they're known to blatantly delay their deals because they feel like it, or are known to turn out sub-standard work, then they don't deserve business at all... despite all of the "good" they are suddenly doing.

That's my take on it all... if "that company" is the only way I will be able to get Neo Geo games, then consider my collection of new games complete. It's not worth the worries or the headaches just for a simple game.

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited January 18, 2001).]

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I have never dealt with NGF and probably never will. I've just started rebuilding my Neo collection again and was wondering how NGF got such a bad name. I don't think I have heard one good thing about them.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
NeoTurfMasta just read the old post in the war forum !

------------------
setsuna_color_winpose.gif

K

kyoisthekof

Actually, I have no intention or pre-ordering the cart for just that reason, what if the price is jacked up? I'll consider purchasing it when the deal is done and they have carts to ship, and I've came to the forum and read a couple of thoughts on the game.

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
I agree with Matt. This game looks piss poor. Another Ganryu in the making. This game, from the screen shots I've seen is another mediocre MVS release with absolutely no chance of making it to home cart. If anyone wants to throw $369 to NGF for thier home version of the game, more power to you. Just don't expect a MOTW or Metal Slug 3 because you will be disapointed.

Ryan