Who can't wait for Capcom vs SNK 2

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
Capcom has already said it's coming and it's listed on most arcade sites as a 2001 release. If it comes out at the same time as the original, I guess that means early August. I'm pretty sure it will come out quicker than that though.

I only wish they could redo some of the graphics. It seems like only 1/5 of the Capcom characters were redrawn from their Alpha look. It would be nice if they could have their art look cleaner like Guilty Gear X.

I don't see why Capcom has to stick with the jaggy sprites which look horrible against the high res backgrounds. Oh well.

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
I almost forgot, I'd like to see some established teams this time. That way, we can get specific endings for teams like KOF.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Id like teams too and more characters

------------------
[img
http://content.communities.msn.ca/isapi/fetch.dll?action=view_photo&ID_Community=prozerg&ID_Topic[/img]

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I quite like the sprites. I would be happy for them to ditch the 3-D fireballs. I find them annoying, and (esp. in the case of Sakura, problem-causing), as they are not as well-defined on-screen as hand-drawn ones, thus creating some difficulty for me in their use.

Mister Kunio

Crazed MVS Addict
I think the main reason for only changing some of the sprites is, well, they were trying to get the game out pretty fast and drawing 33 new sprite sets would take WAY too long. So they just gave Ryu his SF2 colors, chopped off Ken's ponytail, made Bison skinny again and changed Evil Ryu and Akuma so they wouldn't look bad by comparison. Although I DO AGREE that the CPS2 sprite sets look awful, particularly Morrigan and Sakura. Established teams, yeah...Ryu, Ken and Dan.....Zangief, Alex and, uh...Rainbow Mika....

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/blues/tengoku/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
wasteoftimerevbeta.gif
</A>

RDS777

n00b
If it's anything like the first one, I will personally punch the design team

They leave out Andy and Joe Higashi, But include bloody RAIDEN! WTH

Worst crossover ever
smile.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
It needs some fine tuning here and there. But to me, what the original really needed were more characters, which I am sure will happen in the sequel--so no complaint. Just bring the game and I will be more than happy.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited January 11, 2001).]

Lawrence Blood

Dodgeball Yakuza
Know what? I think that SNK better make the sequel this time. The first one pissed me off especially with the 4pt. char select system and the excluding of Andy and Robert. And why the hell did they add Vice and Raiden? does anyone use them at all?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I for one loved Capcom vs SNK, I thought it was a great mix of both games. All of us here grew up playing Street Fighter and Fatal Fury... I really felt like for once, the games were truly one. I don't know, you can nit pick it if you want, but I really enjoyed Capcom vs SNK, even with its problems (which I agree, some of the characters looked pretty bad... like Ryu's winning pose... what the hell is on his mouth?!?). Anyway, I can't wait for the sequel!

-Nick

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I really liked the ratio system. I've been waiting for years for something like that. Adds some degree of realism to it plus it stops overly powerful & cheap teams from being created. I absolutely love the first, I head over to the arcade whenever I can to play it, and I'll be thrilled when the sequel comes out. I just hope they make fireballs 2-D.

And by the way, around here at least, yes people do use Raiden & Vice, and extremely well at that.

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
I agree that the ratio system is pure genius. It's even better that you can adjust each characters ratios after you unlock that ability. I hope you can do that right off the bat in the second one. That way you can have ANY team you want with as many or as few characters you want.

NEW TOPIC WITHIN A TOPIC: What characters should make the cut in part 2?

My vote is Athena, Vanessa and some MOTW characters.

D

DigiPunk

Capcom vs SNK was great fun at first, and about after a month or so, it became total crap.

I've got really high hopes for the sequel, though. I'd like to see:

1)Obscure AoF characters
2)Bring back Caffenine Nicotine !!!!!
3)Vanessa & Heavy D!

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
Hell yes Heavy D! The rest of USA team can stay at home though. It would be nice if they debuted new outfits for SNK and Capcom folks too.

RDS777

n00b
All they need are Fatal Fury (whole cast), AoF(whole cast), and Select few characters from Samurai Showdown
smile.gif
and they'll be perfect.

Who, me biased?
smile.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well I finally got around to playing the first one in the arcades. I played the dreamcast version at Nick's house a couple months ago. I must say it was preetty fun spanking capcom with the SNK chars. I picked mai and Iori and did quite well, actually got to the end of the game and Bar;ey lost to Bison. Oh well looks like a naomi System is in my near future
wink.gif

I think it's great this game is doing so well. I wish KOF2000 did as well. But Capcom did a good job representing SNK I tnink. And yeah I'm looking forward to a Capcom vs SNK 2 and then 3.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
There are so many people I would like to see in CvS 2. I for one was very happy to see some old returning faces like Raiden, so I'll only say that I hope more such characters return, only picking from the cast of FF1~Special, AoF 1 & 2 and a couple from KoF '96. Also all those characters hiding in the BG's (Goro, Jubei, Takuma) should jump out & fight. On Capcom's side, since they've stuck with a smaller gang of fighters, thus limiting the choice of game, I'll say bring out the rest of the Alpha 3 cast, & Lei Lei. Perhaps in the sequel I'll get an even bigger roar from the arcade crowd when I win
smile.gif

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Man ide like to see some Sam Sho or Last Blade characters in there instead of KOFers.

They should rename it to KOFers vs Capcom

Also add a tag team option for a 2 on 2 like Xmen vs Street Fighter.

------------------

bloodbar.gif

RDS777

n00b
Originally posted by Big Bruno:
well I finally got around to playing the first one in the arcades. I played the dreamcast version at Nick's house a couple months ago. I must say it was preetty fun spanking capcom with the SNK chars. I picked mai and Iori and did quite well, actually got to the end of the game and Bar;ey lost to Bison. Oh well looks like a naomi System is in my near future
wink.gif

I think it's great this game is doing so well. I wish KOF2000 did as well. But Capcom did a good job representing SNK I tnink. And yeah I'm looking forward to a Capcom vs SNK 2 and then 3.

NAOMI board... ::drool:: Where do you live and, I'll be your friend
biggrin.gif

I'd get one, but I done here they're 1000$ right now. And for that price, I can get a Hyper NG64, all the games for it I'm interested in, and round out about half the ultra-common carts I want from the MVS line
smile.gif

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Ahh yes... Capcom vs. SNK 2. I have the first one, and I think it's a very good game, although not nearly as polished as the typical Capcom fighter. I think I side with the majority when I say it's a good game but should (and definitely could) be better. It seems Capcom was in a rush to get it out, which is very atypical of them. The most notable problem is easily the use of the SFA sprites.

For the sequel, I'd like to see:

* New Sprites for ALL Capcom characters.

* Definitely, a wider selection of Capcom characters. CvS is ALL Street Fighter except for Morrigan (my all-time fav. character). More Vampire characters, and some others could include Jin, Strider, Megaman, Captain Commando, and Jill Valentine. That would be sweet! Also, Lilith would make a good hidden character. I think a lot of people would like to see her again, and if there is a new Morrigan sprite, why not?

* The SNK roster, to a lesser extent, could also include a wider variety. I think everyone wants to see Andy Bogard and Leona, but wouldn't it be cool to have more characters from Samurai Shodown? Implementing SS chars. would be a challenge, being weapons-based. What about Metal Slug characters, or some others?

* 3D stages ala Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I didn't think it would work either, but the stages in that game are incredible.

* As much as I think the ratio system is a good idea, I'd have to say that I like it more when everyone is on equal grounds. Using Ratio 1 characters just sucks. There should be an option to have it on or turn it off completely (not just ratio select).

* More rivalries, along with special opening animations. The first game seems to be sorely lacking.

* The Groove Selection should remain intact. It's a very good idea.

* Do away with EX characters. They just complicate everything, but Evil Ryu, Riot of the Blood Iori, and Akuma should remain as hidden bosses though.

* A feature to make your own custom teams, with music and team name edit, as seen in Match of the Millenium. Nice.

* Stages that change accoring to the time of day, ala some SNK fighting games. This ups the replay value.

* A FINISHED game! It shouldn't be released until it is done. I want to see at least 40 characters!

Hope Capcom is watching...

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
That's a lot of ideas. I asked for a DC for Christmas with CvS the #1 game on my list. I don't own a Neo, but I have a lot of the conversions on other systems (Genesis, SNES, PSX, DC). It's safe to say I've been a Capcom fan and an SNK fan for the last 8-9 years. I, however, was absolutely SHOCKED not to find Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi, Roberto Garcia, or any of the Ikari Warriors in the game. I also would've like to have seen Alex from SF3. I do like the SF2 style Bison, though. But the game needs more stages and more nostalgia (more old music, story ties, and more stages that feature old stages in them from both series). I seriously can't believe there isn't a stage with a dock.

Lawrence Blood

Dodgeball Yakuza
Wow...Im kinda surprised that people use Raiden and Vice. In my area harldy anyone uses them. For SNK v. C, They shouldnt just make Geese and Bison the last boss. I say that both SNK and Capcom put their head together to create a really cool and challenging last boss. And they shoud get rid of the Char pt. system. It really limits the creativity for making your own team (ex. Ryu, Terry, and Kyo = All stars team?). Plus with the pt. system, players can take advantage of one another by choosing all 1pt characters. Well it looks obvious to me that Capcom made most of the game. If that is the case, then both companies should make equal shares of the game. If not, then forget i said that. If they take out some things and add some other things, It'll probably be a hit with both SNK and Capcom fans because right now, Capcom fans love the game and are bagging on SNK, Neutral fans like it, and say its a decent game, and a number of SNK fans have mixed feelings about it...or at least thats how it is in my area.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by DK:
That's a lot of ideas. I asked for a DC for Christmas with CvS the #1 game on my list. I don't own a Neo, but I have a lot of the conversions on other systems (Genesis, SNES, PSX, DC). It's safe to say I've been a Capcom fan and an SNK fan for the last 8-9 years. I, however, was absolutely SHOCKED not to find Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi, Roberto Garcia, or any of the Ikari Warriors in the game. I also would've like to have seen Alex from SF3. I do like the SF2 style Bison, though. But the game needs more stages and more nostalgia (more old music, story ties, and more stages that feature old stages in them from both series). I seriously can't believe there isn't a stage with a dock.

Haha, actually the game does have some of the older, original music. It's one of the secrets to buy.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Oh definetly, I cant wait. The first one was not perfect, but then again, what game is? The people they drew look GREAT (for the most part anyway, Geese looks kinda wierd...) and the ability to have the match of Capcom Vs SNK that everyone has wanted for YEARS is awesome, so I dont see how some of ya can complain. Sure, they are characters that would have been great that are missing, but this was part 1, part 2 will have more. Expect to see more people from other Capcom/SNK games, not just fighters (read the interview w/ the design team, they give a big hint to this)

The only thing I hated about CvS was the old Alpha sprites (BLEGH!) All in all though, thank goodness it was a success and more of em will keep coming.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by outsider:
Oh definetly, I cant wait. The first one was not perfect, but then again, what game is? The people they drew look GREAT (for the most part anyway, Geese looks kinda wierd...) and the ability to have the match of Capcom Vs SNK that everyone has wanted for YEARS is awesome, so I dont see how some of ya can complain. Sure, they are characters that would have been great that are missing, but this was part 1, part 2 will have more. Expect to see more people from other Capcom/SNK games, not just fighters (read the interview w/ the design team, they give a big hint to this)

The only thing I hated about CvS was the old Alpha sprites (BLEGH!) All in all though, thank goodness it was a success and more of em will keep coming.

Could you post a link for the interview? I'd appreciate it.

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
Originally posted by RiotoftheBlood:
Haha, actually the game does have some of the older, original music. It's one of the secrets to buy.

Yeah, I unlocked that secret ... I just meant I'd like to see more. They don't make fighting music like they used to!
frown.gif