whats better MVS or AES

JoeHigashi

n00b
which is better,

MVS, because you get neo-geo arcade games cheaper and resale value ain't to bad.

AES, you get pretty art work and some go up in value but are way more expensive.

CD, cheapest out of the lot but load times and resale value SUCK.

Your views guys??

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
MVS are only good for two things, making money, and converting to home.

AES make me cream my shorts, they are so darn pretty.

CD is worthless... why have load times when you can buy the home system, CD is one step below an emulator, hooked upto your TV with a video output.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
If I was short on cash I would still get a home system, and then build my collection slowly. Especially if you have not played a ton of the snaplock games (later titles). I can hook you up with a home system for around $225... Games starting around $30. If you gotta play the newest games, an MVS setup is going to cost you around $200-$700 depending if you go with hooking up to a tv or a cabinet. You can buy a system and a converter that plays MVS carts for less then a cabinet, and then you have the best of both worlds.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
My vote goes out to MVS. I'm sure the artwork, printed manuals, etc. are great, but aren't worth hundreds of dollars over the price of an MVS cart in my book. I can look at plenty of Neo artwork on Web sites. No, it's not the same as having the official SNK-printed material in my hands, but once again, that privilege isn't worth hundreds of dollars to me.

MVS carts and AES carts are the same game, but MVS carts can be played uncensored in English without modifying anything. However, since getting an AES system modded so that you can do that is no big deal, the main advantage with MVS carts is the price.

JoeHigashi

n00b
i am confused,

heres what i got

2x MVS 1 slots
KOF98
KOF94
MSLUG
FFURY2

and i have wanna swap these in 4 a home console with KOF98 and i can convert the MSLUG

is it worth doing this?

RDS777

n00b
Originally posted by JoeHigashi:
i am confused,

heres what i got

2x MVS 1 slots
KOF98
KOF94
MSLUG
FFURY2

and i have wanna swap these in 4 a home console with KOF98 and i can convert the MSLUG

is it worth doing this?

I'd keep ONE of the board.
smile.gif

MVS is definately the GAMER"S format. A collector should go with the AES.

This is a topic near and dear to my heart. It's an evolutionary process...

1) Buy the Neo CD system since you want to play the games, but don't can't justify the $
2) Get fed up with load times and purchase an MVS cabinet or Supergun setup.
3) Find a good deal on a home cart setup and decide it would be cool to buy your favorite games on AES and get rid of those MVS titles.
4) Get all your favorite AES games, but can't stop buying them because they're so cool.
5) Decide that you need BOTH MVS and AES versions of your favorites so you can play "from the couch", or "have that REAL arcade MVS feeling" when the mood strikes.

Argggh!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Amen to that, brentsg!!
biggrin.gif

I've seen you bidding on eBay . . . you've got the same addiction I do . . . NEOMANIA!!

AES systems, Neo CD systems (well I sold two brand new ones, out of the 4 total systems I had at least!), MVS boards, and in the future, eventually, a nice full blown arcade cabinet.

It never ends . . . now I'm just trying not to get "into" collecting arcade PCBs, cause if that happens things will get a lot worse . . .
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Robert

20 Year Member
AES, definitely. I haven't got enough place in my house for a MVS so there is no question. Seriously, playing with MVS,it's like seeing a movie in a theater. There is no question about it,MVS is the best.

JoeHigashi

n00b
you forget though,
you can run the MVS through your t.v. and get better picture quality than the AES all you need is a jamma harness and a scart cable!

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Damn, that is too bad, ChimpMeister. I was just going to suggest that you start getting into PCB's so you could get Strikers 1945 III and R-TYPE LEO.
wink.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Addication is the only word to describe how Neo Geo twists your life.

Robi15

20 Year Member
I'd go with the MVS. Play the Neo Games for less money and access all the games aswell. I'd would go with a complete cabinet!!!

Robi15