Nightmare in the Dark

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Apple Photo Systems has an Ad in the January issue of replay magazine for Nightmare in the Dark. I guess MVS version will be out soon. Hopefully they make a home cart too.

Anthony

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Neo Fan:
Apple Photo Systems has an Ad in the January issue of replay magazine for Nightmare in the Dark. I guess MVS version will be out soon. Hopefully they make a home cart too.

Anthony

Do you have the issue in your possession? Would you mind scanning the ad and posting it on this message board?

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited January 07, 2001).]

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
really,

cool I will run by the arcade distrubutor here tomorrow and see if I can pick up some free flyers and a replay. If the have them I will send what extra I have to neo lord to put in his next issue. that's if they have them though....

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Wow, thats good news. I'm very excited to see and hear more about this game...

From what Ive heard this is a ghouls and ghosts style game on the Neo! Sounds great... lets pray for a home cart release of some sort.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Thanks, Big Bruno! I'd like to see this issue. NeoMan, an e-mail was sent referring to your offer.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Excellent news! Now I just need to scrounge up a copy of replay.

------------------
-nick_th_fury

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Looks like NGF was right about this game. I remember they posted information on this title about 4 months ago back on their site. I think they also posted on this board about that and other titles. Lets hope they all come to market. (Neo Pool, that would be great!)

Anthony

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Originally posted by Neo Fan:

Anthony

Do they have a web link for MVS information? I've been to http://www.applephotosys.com/ but they have NO information on MVS products whatsoever (unless my eyes are going in my old age).

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well I just got back from the distrubutor and they had not recieved the new replay yet (any day know) I was was unable to talk with a sales since they were busy. I will try again tomorrow.

they did have a dedicated kof 2000 setup. or rather a puesdo dedicated. The neo cab did not even look like a neo really other then the button layout. now place for the small and medium marquees. but it was brand spanking new. anyway is apple putting this title out, I thought there is another company doing distrubution for SNK now days? At least I thought someone had posted it

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
Just checked out that issue of replay. If I can get my scanner to behave, I'll post it shortly. Here's some more details: The game is 1-2 players, it's listed as an adventure titles, but from the screens it looks like an action/puzzle game. It doesn't look like the game scrolls at all, just a static screen. The graphics do look good, but obviously I can't comment on the animation. Just from the screens alone, I would have to say I'm not too excited although I am happy to see another SNK game. There's lots of colors and the characters seem neat (there's even a huge frankenstein character who takes up half the screen) so I'm hoping it will land at Golfland here.

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
I guess it's also worth pointing out that there is a nice big SNK and Neo Geo logo on the ad. In small letters toward the bottom of the page, it says Apple Systems whatever (can't recall what it said. I'd look at the thing but my scanner is trying hard to digi it right now).

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
need more info please!! a meg count anywhere? What do u guy think is the chance maybe ncsx will do the conversion? Thanks

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
More info eh? Here goes: There are four screens total on the page. The first one shows a gothic clock tower with a slit moon in the background. In the foreground, there are five platform levels which vary in length and they are populated by skeletons, hunchbacks and ghosts. there are two fires in progress. I assume these are the falme attacks on the creatures the text in the ad talk about.

The weird thing is, the main character looks sort of like a ghoul himself. A short stubby wizard with blue skin and glowy red eyes. There is some stylized art at the top of the page. Whenever my scanner decides to start working, I'll make seperate each shot into it's own pic so you can get a better look at it.

Another interesting bit of info is right below the Apple Photo Systems logo is "Exclusive North America representatives for SNK corporation". Neat eh?

The text in the ad reads: " In a world of dark shadows and ghostly ghouls, comes a mysterious wizard! Aided by his mystical fire projectile that encapsulates and eliminates the enemy, our hero will emerge victorious."

If you'd like, there is a # listed for Apple Photo: 310-783-3826

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
In case anyone is interested, in that issue of replay magazine, it list the top 25 coin ops in Japan. KOF 2000 is #14 and Metal Slug 3 is # 22. No other SNK titles
frown.gif

Well, Capcom vs SNK is #1 which kind of counts. The rest of the top five are (in order) Virtua Striker ver.2000, Gunspike, Guilty Gear X and Mr. Driller 2.

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
The game does not look like a side scroller. It looks like thier are different screens, but three of the four screen shots seem to have exits at the bottom. Strewn about each screen are several platforms, such as in the game Joust. There are also some items on some of the platfors, they look like potions. Maybe the game is more like Bubble Bobble, or Solomon's Key?

Anthony

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
sounds like orginal mario bros.......please somebody scan pics......where do you get this mag from? NOW, the big question is what do we have to do to get this released? Is their any chance of seeing this game on aes? Im sorry dont have mvs yet....love my carts......please ncsx help! They should release it themselves...if ngf can get english aes of kof2000, maybe ncsx can put this out

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
bloodbar.gif

Originally posted by smurphy570:
sounds like orginal mario bros.......please somebody scan pics......where do you get this mag from? NOW, the big question is what do we have to do to get this released? Is their any chance of seeing this game on aes? Im sorry dont have mvs yet....love my carts......please ncsx help! They should release it themselves...if ngf can get english aes of kof2000, maybe ncsx can put this out

!ecruos eurt a eb lliw ereht taht esimorp i tub driew nikcf daM si sihT

------------------
akuma1.gif

Lord Illicious
Primal Massiah
Soul Reaver
SNK DEVIL
Wu Dan Neo Devil of Illness <A HREF="http://www.illicious.net/
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.illicious.net/
</A>
bloodbar.gif

D

DigiPunk

If this game sounds good enough, it might be a good idea to call NCS and ask them to get this cart for home system for us! What do you say, everyone? Let's email them and make it happen!

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
Should we put our collective power to bring NitD here or pick our battles wisely. Say NCS manages to pick the game up and only 50 people pony up the dough. It doesn't do our community a whole lot of good and will bode badly for anyone risking another AES title that ISN'T a KOF or a fighter.

Sure everyone who had the means bought KOF, but it's one of SNK's franchise titles. How many people really want to pay 300+ for an Adventure title that may turn out to be more of a puzzle game. That's even if it's at $300. If NCS can't generate a certain amount of pre-orders will the pricing be $590?

So sort of a tough situation. We want to get AES titles released here sooner than later, but it NitD may be a tough sell.

Speaking for myself, unless it's an animated masterpiece like Metal Slug and have really cool gameplay, I will have to pass. I own most every system out there and only have a budget to get the best for each.

[This message has been edited by Tokyo Drifter (edited January 08, 2001).]

D

DigiPunk

I totally agree with you as well, as my budget is very limited also. I squeezed blood out of pennies to get KoF like the rest of us.

Still, we all need to rally and let them know that we will support the Neo!