About the new stages in KOF 2000 DC.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
<a href="http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/consumer/consumer.html" target="_blank">http://www.snkneogeo.co.jp/consumer/consumer.html</a>

Looks like there are more than just that "elevator level" from Kof 95.There is one stage that looks like its from one of the fatal fury games and there is a new kof 95 stage and a kof 98 stage.There might be more.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
hell yes.
billys old stage.

yay.

[ April 11, 2002: Message edited by: rarehero ]</p>

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
YES! they re did the KOF 95 neo geo land stage! now just gimme the kof 96 barge stage. HOT DAMN dose playmore know how to add funfactor to these games or what!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
You guys are crazy! Fatal Fury has a COMPLETELY different art style! The sprites dont even look remotely close to the KOF style of BGs. It's gonna look like complete SHIT. Soooo Random.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Ukyo:
<strong>You guys are crazy! Fatal Fury has a COMPLETELY different art style! The sprites dont even look remotely close to the KOF style of BGs. It's gonna look like complete SHIT. Soooo Random.</strong><hr></blockquote>

heh.
all people can do is bitch about kof 2000s backgrounds
add more backgrounds they still bitch!
;)
i do agree though.
it looks as if they didnt even touch it up.
and it is a different style
still welcome in my book though.
:)

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
If it's a cut and paste from the respective titles, I still think it's a way cool thing to do.

I couldn't care less if the sprite types don't match. I think it is amazing that they are making the effort to drop fun little things like that in to this game. I will definitely get a copy just to see all the little goodies they dropped in.

Pretty sweet, in my book.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I agree with the RG. Unaltered bonus stages from past SNK games is a very kick ass thing to do.

Now, I wonder if they may consider placing in bonus characters from past KOF games. I mean, why not? What have they to lose? Very cool moves.

Don't complainabout conflicting styles, Ukyo, at least we are getting something extra, right?

SNK4EVER

R.I.P., Dear Friend,
I definetly cannot find any reasons to complain about them just dropping backgrounds into 2000. It's better then making them 3D IMO.

Good job Playmore! Anybody know if the stages got the 3D treatment? I know it is an unpopular look here on these boards, but I really liked the 3D in the two first DC games. Especially since they tried so hard to match the original 2D look.

Chikahiro

n00b
KOF98's 3d backgrounds weren't that great looking. KOF99's were good looking but uninspired. I'd love for them to take some of the old classics and remake them...such as

Takuma/Mr. Karate stage - AOF1
Tung Fu Rue - FFS
Pao Pao Cafe - FF3
Billy - FF1
Mr Big - AOF2
Duck King - FFS
Keebler Elves (FF3 bosses..forget their names)

Supreme Gozita

Kula's Candy
YES! They're bringing back the AOF95 stage!! that was a very cool stage....and Southtown Bridge(Southtown Village to some keen eyes!)??! EVEN FUCKIN' BETTER! *starts saving*

Sklabah

Another Striker
Sweetness! I want those bonus stages to have bonuses, like breaking walls ala RBS...Wouldn't it be cool to knock Chang into the path of an oncoming subway car? Boo-yah!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Well shit I guess I'm getting this now also. Dammit. It's nice to see those classic stages being used again :)

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
All the old kof 2k stages will obviously be retained.Its nice to see some of the past kof games' stages and that AOF stage for a change.This is probably SNK/Playmore's final hurrah on the DC so they are adding something new in the DC version of kof 2k.I can't wait to get it.