NCS & KOF2000 English

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Its not surprising, their (NCS') decision not to carry the NGF KOF2K cart. It just reinforces how the entire community feels about the situation . . . and they must have gotten a LOT of feedback about the issue, based on what they wrote in their news section today.

So Geddon, where are you now? Hiding? You appear to now be in a very tiny minority in your opinions on this issue, you don't at all reflect how the community feels about this. You're certainly free to express your opinions, thats what the forums are for, but even YOU must admit NOW that there is a problem here?

Anyway, EVERYONE here should send responses to NCS to tell how they feel about the issue. I'm not telling you to take one or the other side, just express your feeling to them, thats all. Email them at: ncsx@email.msn.com and answer the questions they posted on their news page today. The more feedback, the better for all of us!

[This message has been edited by chimpmeister (edited January 05, 2001).]

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

here are my thoughts .....ahhhhhaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! we can finally put a end to ngf...write ncs as i have and suggest them take other avenues in there cart distributers...the prices will come down as they stated..as long as ngf is supplying ..we all gonna get screwed..trust!

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I wrote them and explained I would support any effort fully to bring more aes carts to the Neo. However if any of these methods involved NGF then I would not support it.

Maybe that will mean no more Neo home carts. Or maybe if enough people feel the same why there will be othere avenues for homecarts. However I absolutly refuse to support anything from NGF even if it means I will be buying MVS.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
>>>>
So Geddon, where are you now? Hiding? You appear to now be in a very tiny minority in your opinions on this issue, you don't at all reflect how the community feels about this.
>>>>

I was never trying to represent the community. To be 100% honest with you, and I don't mean to come across as cold, I could give a rats ass about the neo community. That's the truth. I'm not trying to be friends with you guys or be "part of the antiNGF crusade" like 90% of the people here. People will come and go from the neo scene, but the games will always be around. And I would love to look back 10 years from now and see official english counterparts to games that wouldn't be there otherwise, despite who makes them. Thats why Im into the neo. I love the system and its games, but I really don't enjoy participating in the neo community.

Not to say that I haven't met countless cool people and great friends through the internet neo scene... but its just too boring and exhausting to really sink my teeth into anymore.

In most cases I respect your opinions but many of you are being irrational and short sighted. I've emailed NCS with my take on the situation and I dont care to discuss it here further.

[This message has been edited by Geddon_jt (edited January 05, 2001).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
OK, thanks for making it clear that you don't care about anyone here. I guess we all pretty much know now where you stand. At least you're honest about it . . .
frown.gif

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
>>>>
OK, thanks for making it clear that you don't give a shit about anyone here. Obviously you're a self-centered, closed-minded person who cares only about himself and his precious collection. Hope you enjoy it . . .
>>>>

Whatever you say Chimp. <yawn>

>>>>
Oh, and by the way, based on your response, why are you a moderater here, again? Maybe you can enlighten us on that one.
>>>>

Because I'm friends with Shawn and love this site. And there are some good times to be had on these forums... this debate isn't one of them.

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
That was an impressive news post from NCS. It's good to see that they listen to the Neo community.

------------------
SmokeYa

kof99_maifingerending.gif

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
I think what you are missing here is that no one would like to see the end of neo homecarts. Even in NCS's statment they are saying if the support for NGF distrubuted carts is not there they will look at other means to get ahold of and ordering homecarts. and I quote.

" What are the acceptable conditions for upcoming AES cartridges that may be produced by SNK through NGF? That is, if any. The future of the Neo Geo home market is fully in the hands of the audience so please be brutally honest. If there is no support from the user base under any possible arrangements of this kind, NCS will no longer pursue this avenue. In that case, we may examine other options with various distribution partners in Japan and commence with other plans in requesting production of AES cartridges from SNK. "

from that they are saying if people do not like NGF then they will look into other means of making Home carts. I will fully support the "Other means" of making homecarts as I am sure everyone in the neo community will. However I will not support the NGF option. SO no one here is really saying they do not want homecarts. They are just saying they do not want NGF to be the supplier of these carts. You can look at it as a crusade..I look at it as being sick of NGF and not wanting to see them as being the neo future. If they still make thier converted carts fine, But leave my homecarts out of thier hands.

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
I won't go into detail about my own e-mail to NCS, but I will say that if NCS is comfortable dealing with NGF with all their history then I'm inclined to trust NCS about that decision. I personally think if NGF was able to pull off a US version, there's no reason a bigger retailer like NCS couldn't do something similar by themsleves. I also think it's awesome that they put so much effort into addressing this situation.

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
I personally think if NGF was able to pull off a US version, there's no reason a bigger retailer like NCS couldn't do something similar by themsleves

Very true Tokyo Drifter. I agree with this point...

There is nothing special about NGF. They have no special control over SNK (like they constantly try to make people believe). Video game development is a business. Money talks! SNK will listen to anyone willing to pay them for their carts and services. If SNK will deal with two small time guys selling games out of their basement, they definitely will deal with a larger business such as NCS.

SNK would prefer to deal with NCS and similar companies because they have more buying power and will be able to make larger orders.

In order to keep the Neo Geo games flowing from Japan, more companies like NCS need to contact SNK and wave some money in front of their face.

------------------
SmokeYa

kof99_maifingerending.gif

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
I agree Smoke Ya, this is a cool move by NCS, and a very honest one at that. They are advocates for us, and respect us as customers/gamers/consumors.

NGF - You Reap What You Sew

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by chimpmeister:
Its not surprising, their (NCS') decision not to carry the NGF KOF2K cart. It just reinforces how the entire community feels about the situation . . . and they must have gotten a LOT of feedback about the issue, based on what they wrote in their news section today.

So Geddon, where are you now? Hiding? You appear to now be in a very tiny minority in your opinions on this issue, you don't at all reflect how the community feels about this. You're certainly free to express your opinions, thats what the forums are for, but even YOU must admit NOW that there is a problem here?

Anyway, EVERYONE here should send responses to NCS to tell how they feel about the issue. I'm not telling you to take one or the other side, just express your feeling to them, thats all. Email them at: ncsx@email.msn.com and answer the questions they posted on their news page today. The more feedback, the better for all of us!

The irony.... bad news travels fast in the Neo community. Up until recently, Dion was claiming that we were the only people trashing NGF's good name. In light of NCS' press release about NGF, there are other people out there who share our feelings about NGF's corrupt ways. We're to blame for your misfortune, Dion? What about the overwhelming response wNCS received -- some of these people don't even frequent this board I'm sure! My problem with NGF is this: I've been labeled a loser by NGF because I won't purchase anything from them. Who are they to ridicule me when reputable companies like NCS won't even touch their fake carts with a 10 foot pole? The Neo-Geo development community knows about Dion's cart converting antics, and believe me , his converting days will be coming to an end very soon. We have spoken to a few people, and there will be a technology used in future AES releases (from third parties anyway) that can not be converted; the price to convert a cart with this new technology would be astronomical and not very cost efficient. I'll bring more news when time permits..

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited January 05, 2001).]

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
To be 100% honest with you, and I don't mean to come across as cold, I could give a rats ass about the neo community. That's the truth. I'm not trying to be friends with you guys or be "part of the antiNGF crusade" like 90% of the people here.
[This message has been edited by Geddon_jt (edited January 05, 2001).][/b]

NGF mentality in a nutshell. I mean no disrespect, Geddon, but you're wasting your time talking to us. Hey, I cherish everyone's opinion here (we're all entitled), and your views on the NGF US cart fiasco was a welcome addition to the board, but claiming not to care about the Neo community was a low blow (at least you're being honest, and honesty is the key factor here).
frown.gif
Friends with Shawn or not (and I mean no disrespect to Shawn; he 'cares' about the community), what you just said basically contradicts Shawn's claim that this board is for the community. How can this board be for the community when some of the moderators 'could give a rat's ass about the Neo community'? I don't know about everyone here, but there should be people here who care about the community, and not because moderating this board is 'cool'. We can live without people like that.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

Shawn

snkusa.com
I think Geddon is tired of being a minority on the NGF KoF issue. I believe that he does care about the neo community in general. The Master List is Geddon’s work, his contribution.

He also started the original home cart price guide, which he handed over to me. He actually wanted to discontinue the guide because he felt the guide inflated cart prices. I couldn’t scrap the guide, but he still insisted that his name be removed as a founder. Against his will, I still credit John Thacker for the price guide.

He is someone I have a large amount of confidence in. He always confirms critical moderating decisions concerning the forums before action is taken. He has also plays the role of a trusted advisor & friend.

I admit that his recent posts had me wondering if NGF had brainwashed the guy. However, I can relate to his fickle opinions concerning NGF products. At one point in my collecting, I valued NGF carts highly, despite the pitiful service I received. Now I offer all of the NGF carts for sale in my store. I don’t want them sitting on my shelves any longer, as they remind me of NGF.

Geddon is entitled to his opinion, and apparently he was right about the NGF KoF 2k coming from SNK. From his description of the NGF version, this copy is unlike any previous NGF (kinko’s) print. Such enthusiasm for a home cart is what makes the neo fun. From my experience in home cart collecting, I’m convinced the NGF KoF 2k will hold more value than any other NGF cart. Nonetheless, it’s still an NGF cart, doomed with a cloud of negativity surrounding it.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Shawn:
I think Geddon is tired of being a minority on the NGF KoF issue. I believe that he does care about the neo community in general. The Master List is Geddon’s work, his contribution.

He also started the original home cart price guide, which he handed over to me. He actually wanted to discontinue the guide because he felt the guide inflated cart prices. I couldn’t scrap the guide, but he still insisted that his name be removed as a founder. Against his will, I still credit John Thacker for the price guide.

He is someone I have a large amount of confidence in. He always confirms critical moderating decisions concerning the forums before action is taken. He has also plays the role of a trusted advisor & friend.

I admit that his recent posts had me wondering if NGF had brainwashed the guy. However, I can relate to his fickle opinions concerning NGF products. At one point in my collecting, I valued NGF carts highly, despite the pitiful service I received. Now I offer all of the NGF carts for sale in my store. I don’t want them sitting on my shelves any longer, as they remind me of NGF.

Geddon is entitled to his opinion, and apparently he was right about the NGF KoF 2k coming from SNK. From his description of the NGF version, this copy is unlike any previous NGF (kinko’s) print. Such enthusiasm for a home cart is what makes the neo fun. From my experience in home cart collecting, I’m convinced the NGF KoF 2k will hold more value than any other NGF cart. Nonetheless, it’s still an NGF cart, doomed with a cloud of negativity surrounding it.

I agree. Nobody has ever doubted the authenticity of NGF's KOF 2K cart, but this
debate has been about Dion's claim of being an official distributor. As for Geddon: I like
the guy. He's honest, bold with his comments, and doesn't pull any punches. I don't
understand why he doesn't care, because for someone who doesn't care, he has done
plenty for the Neo community (based on your post of how he created the price guide,
etc.). Maybe Geddon said what he did from sheer frustration. If this is the case, then I can understand where he's coming from. I'd never condemn anyone for having an opinion (as I have stated in past posts), but I found his comments shocking. Yes, Geddon (like everyone here) is entitled to their opinion. Sad how a cartridge can cause so much friction.
frown.gif
I look at it from this perspective: if NGF can redeem themselves by being honest (and by abolishing their childish rhetoric from these forums) then I would be inclined to give them a chance. I have said enough on the subject.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
neonews.cjb.net

I

Iori

This decision only reinforces the fact that they value their Integrity and that they do care about their customer base, even for a small but loyal group of Neo-Geo fans like us.

S

Silent_Scope

No matter what, this is the first strike to NGF.
As long as people support SNK (even though they suc) and Neo Community, I don't really care if he/she stands any side.
God gives us freedom of choice and let people decide their own way. To me, NGF is a no no.

C

Caris Nautilus

Well I'll be damned. I knew NCS wouldn't buy those all along. It's finnally over, I think in everyones book here the carts will never be legitimate, Except of course the few people that bought one
smile.gif

As far as I see it Dions pretty much on the street corner with a suitcase, None of the major retialers will buy from him, Even if his cart is official, lol. That's pretty bad, Either way I'm glad it's over...

------------------
psdmini.gif

http://prizmdash.cjb.net

S

steve_stanflovsky

Who says NCS won't sell the KoF 2000 English versions? I think they will. They have probably more orders then they can fill, so that post is their safety net to say that they only got a small few. They will have a full restock of older carts from NGF also. I'm sure NCS will sell the KoF 2000s and the other future carts from NGF, because that will be the only source.

Steve

S

Silent_Scope

Originally posted by steve_stanflovsky:
Who says NCS won't sell the KoF 2000 English versions? I think they will. They have probably more orders then they can fill, so that post is their safety net to say that they only got a small few. They will have a full restock of older carts from NGF also. I'm sure NCS will sell the KoF 2000s and the other future carts from NGF, because that will be the only source.

Steve

Steve, looks like you know so much about NGF and NCS. Are you working for Dion or NCS? How are you so sure about everything? You just appear from nowhere and support NGF. Very strange.

S

steve_stanflovsky

Maybe if you people took the time to email NGF or call them, you would learn what's going on.

Steve

S

steve_stanflovsky

I'm not out of nowhere. I have been in the scene for 7 years. Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm new to Neo.

Steve

S

Silent_Scope

Originally posted by steve_stanflovsky:
I'm not out of nowhere. I have been in the scene for 7 years. Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I'm new to Neo.

Steve

hahaha
I have been in the NEO World for more than 9 years so does it mean anything? I don't think so. Compare to many Neo gamers in here, I'm still a newbie and I wish to learn more and more from them everyday. I think the most important is to let Neo community knows who should we deal and who shouldn't. Everyone spends his/her hard earn money to get Neo game and we should provide the best information to help each other out. Do not dull thy palm with Devil. That's my advice to every Neo gamer.